More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 02, 05:22:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Computer detection screwed-up since second patch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Computer detection screwed-up since second patch  (Read 11571 times)
Scotbo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Computer detection screwed-up since second patch
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 05, 02:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's definitely possible.  It just seems a shame that you paid money for a card that's useless to you. I'd be fed up with ATI too. Sad
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 05, 02:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I will try to send it back againg and get it replace with a new one, at least they have a great customer service.  There might be someone I know that would be interested in buying that card for half of what is worth which will finance the new card I have now.

Don't worry about me.. I am over it now and I am just having fun playing.  Grin

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 05, 12:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please excuse, but is there a real issue with the detection here?  Sorry to hear about MissDoh's graphics card problems, but if the detection isn't working right that's a separate issue.  I've wondered about it before because I know simmers who have only been able to invite 2 people to a party since NL even though their PCs are high spec.  I've never had them check the log file.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
kaarinah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 05, 16:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the .net framework on your computer? The later ATI drives won't work properly without it and sometimes the result of those drivers without it is strange.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 06, 03:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I did Kaarinah, it was cleary mention on the ATI site that we needed it to use the catalyst system.

Cwykes, the detection problems started only after installing NL patch 2.  Previous to that second patch, computer specs were found properly.  With OFB the detection is still screwed up.  I often check my config.log.txt file so I know exactly when this started.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 06, 08:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks MissDoh.  So this is a different problem
I know simmers who have only been able to invite 2 people to a party since NL even though their PCs are high spec. 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 06, 18:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks MissDoh.  So this is a different problem
I know simmers who have only been able to invite 2 people to a party since NL even though their PCs are high spec. 

I was one of those that could not invite more than 2 guests and after I install the NLP2 was able again to have 8 sometimes depending on which detection the game made (refer to my starting post for more info).
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 09, 16:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks - I'll pass that on.

PS "bare with me" sounds exciting - did you mean "bear with me?"

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 09, 17:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol, it means that French is my mother's tongue and that I do a lot of typo or mispell words.  The "bare" instead of "bear" one is made on purpose to show an example of what kind of mistake I can make  Wink  Grin

When I say "I love poking parties in the game" lot of people are thinking badly.... shame on you people! Ask Bluesoup or Simmiecal about it  Cheesy
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 10, 10:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin  bit slow there wasn't I - too serious by half!

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: