More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:36:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Good Skin Makers and/or Sites?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Good Skin Makers and/or Sites?  (Read 8713 times)
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Good Skin Makers and/or Sites?
« on: 2006 February 27, 22:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am new to downloading custom skins, and after having read some really good sim stories like Deception Pass, I have noticed some very good looking, realistic skins out there. Who is making them and where can I find them? I have searched MTS2 but there are so many and with most being large files I don't particularly want to waste my game time downloading them and finding that yep, they look greasy. You guys all seem to have good taste when it comes to quality downloads so some guidance would be appreciated.

Stormy

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Good Skin Makers and/or Sites?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 27, 22:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Helena (she has a site but I forget the name right now and Louis(sim cribbling) are the two most popular that I am aware of, Enya (SP?) also makes some pretty decent skins that people seem to like at MTS2.

Do a search here for skintones genetics and you should be able to come up with a list people use most often
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 27, 22:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's Helaene (www.helaene.com), I prefer her 805 series (check the Yahoo group) and 1/12 series (on the website). There's a default set of the 805s on MTS. Louis@Simcribbling's #7 series are my defaults (default set on MTS2, not sure where the normal version is available now). And the third person is Enayla, whose work is all at MTS2. Her set 2 are her best, but I don't like her as well as the other two.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 27, 22:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well damn, at least I got the Louis part mostly right lol

thanks for the rescue!

*I still cant spell.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 27, 22:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

paradisesims also has some really good ones -- they're the ones I use in my games.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 27, 22:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm currently using Enayla's skins (from MTS2), and I have also used Oepu's skins (also from there). I like both; Enayla's skins have something of a glow to them, while Oepu's skins are matte. Both come in a range of shades.

I like Helaene's skins all right - she was the only person I could find an asian toned skin from for a long time - but the extreme push-up effect on the women's breasts bothered me. I also didn't like some of her darker skins because the faces had details on them like eyebags that I prefer to add myself with makeup if I feel the sim should have them.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 27, 23:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use a pale nordic skintone from Alle-Meine-Sims, which is, to my mind, very realistic.  I also use Starrats' pale blue elf-skin from The Sims Zone (UK) which i love and use a lot.  I have two medium and dark toned skins from Devil Kitty Sims, which are much nicer than the Maxis equivalent.

Zephyr Zodiac
Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 28, 00:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's Helaene (www.helaene.com), I prefer her 805 series (check the Yahoo group) and 1/12 series (on the website). There's a default set of the 805s on MTS. Louis@Simcribbling's #7 series are my defaults (default set on MTS2, not sure where the normal version is available now). And the third person is Enayla, whose work is all at MTS2. Her set 2 are her best, but I don't like her as well as the other two.

Psst... The normal versions for Louis's #7 skins are at her site here. Wink

As for recommending skins, the ones I like are the ones that have already been mentioned: Simcribbling's, Oepu's, and Enayla's.

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall in an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 28, 00:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew you people could help me. Thank heaps.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 28, 00:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*checks* The links from Louis's site are still broken. That's why I didn't know where to get them right now -- there was a thread right here a little while ago about it.

It's probably possible to collect those skintones from full-Sim downloads by other people on MTS2 or the Exchange, but it'd take some hunting. Best bet is most likely to find a POBS forum, such as the one at Neighborhood 99, since it says right on the front page of her site that she's FSF.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 28, 00:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean the downloads themselves? I don't remember very well, it's been a while since I downloaded them, but I think that a little above the actual downloads she had a link to her Simpage in the Exchange.(Longest sentence ever... ><). I think.

Edit: Never mind. I just checked and the skins aren't in the exchange anymore. And apparently the downloads were being linked to the Exchange. I wonder what happened...

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall in an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 28, 00:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try clicking on hair instead
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 28, 01:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean the downloads themselves? I don't remember very well, it's been a while since I downloaded them, but I think that a little above the actual downloads she had a link to her Simpage in the Exchange.(Longest sentence ever... ><). I think.

Edit: Never mind. I just checked and the skins aren't in the exchange anymore. And apparently the downloads were being linked to the Exchange. I wonder what happened...

I just saw that the links to the skins on the exchange led me to hidden assets, which if they had nipples, would have made them too mature for the Exchange anyway.

Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 28, 01:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that must be it, then.

Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 28, 02:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the asian skintones by MAUS687 @MTS, they come in several shades too.
  I also like the realistic look of Enaylas skins, except I realized today that now my men cannot wear the really short hairstles because there is definatelya line of demarcation between the shiny skin and the matte skin around the hairline, very unsettling to look at!
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 28, 03:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get Louis skin defaults here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=103239

I use Enayla's now, but these are what I used before, they're very nice.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 28, 03:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Enayla's looked very pretty in the sceenshots to me, but the "glow" looks more like a spotlight or weird makeup on my Sims's faces. I didn't really like it. Maybe it has to do with my video card, so YMMV.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 28, 03:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The glow is the issue I have with Enayla's skins. Set 2 is much better about this than the others, but even so I wouldn't ever use them as defaults because I wouldn't want them on ALL my Maxis Sims and townies. Same with Helaene's 805 series -- I figured out pretty quickly that I didn't like the eyelashes that were drawn onto them on every single Maxis-created Sim. Louis's, on the other hand, have matching alien and zombie tones, come in more than 4 normal human shades and the default set lets you have some options as to which tone is used for which slot, and make just about any Sim look better and a little more realistic.

Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 08, 13:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know where I could get louis skins as defaults only for male?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 08, 14:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Currently I am using Lyran's default skintones. They are sort of cartoony but they are better IMO than the maxis ones. I am going off the more realistic skins...most of them look like they have been dipped in oil!

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 08, 14:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL those moist looking skins are weird looking to me. They look like they were rubbed down with baby oil. And of course all the guys are super cut and the women are pushed up to the high heavens.  Roll Eyes

The custom eyes with the borders irk me to no end because they look very bad when the sims move their eyes, but I can never find ones without the borders that I like. I suppose one of these days I'll try and get off my ass and make some.

I dunno, I find myself not liking a lot of the popular stuff. I do like my sims more realistic, but I don't think being super moist and pushed up is very realistic. *shrug*

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 08, 14:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that one of the two main characters in Deception Pass (The black-haired one) is using Semloh's skin.  He's long gone now, but the details on his skin was fabulous. (you should know, they are very realistic).  I love the slight freckles on the sims and the wonderful wrinkles on the elder.  I wish he had done a full set, but he only did the pale tone.  You can find it in the adult section of MTS2:  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=45299

Does anyone know where I could get louis skins as defaults only for male?

To my knowledge, there is no such thing.  You could make your own default, picking exactly which textures you want to use,  using this tutorial :  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2930.0

holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 08, 16:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my default skins are from  the sims vault  http://www.3dconsortium.com/thesims/sims2vault/news.htm including a great alien default skin , it is a pay site but in my mind it was worth it,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: