More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 01, 10:36:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  what!? no next EP hint in OFB box?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: what!? no next EP hint in OFB box?  (Read 47749 times)
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
what!? no next EP hint in OFB box?
« on: 2006 February 24, 15:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the OFB box there's no ad for the next expansion pack. Shocked It's one for the "family fun" booster pack, instead. You can see the ad here:

www.snootysims.com

I'm pretty bummed out.  Undecided Oh, well maybe it will be more of a surprise this way when they "officially'" announce what the next ep will be. Maybe they don't know what they're doing next yet. I loved opening the box and finding out *surprise* what the next EP will be. Oh, well. Mind you, I always knew before I opened the box because of websites like snootysims, but still. I really want to know what they're planning on doing. What do you think the next ep will be? Why do you think they didn't place the next ep ad in the box?

Be your own fish.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: what!? no next EP hint in OFB box?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 24, 15:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<edited before I move to Switzerland>  Roll Eyes
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 24, 15:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On one hand, I'm sorta glad they're not advertising it, I think it sort of takes away from enjoying the current EP.  But I hate surprises too, so I'd rather know what was coming it.

I'm conflicted.  Undecided
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 24, 15:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with you BlueSoup; ever since I bought NL I have been counting the days until OFB because I think it looks so cool, it kind of sucks some of the fun out of the EP that you actually have in your hot little hands. But I still love knowing and anticipating what the next EP is going to be.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 24, 15:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That screenshot is fake. There is no OFB box, because there's no OFB. Period.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 24, 15:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There apparently is OFB in Switzerland and Austria.

... Man, I am such a sucker. The stuff in that Family Fun pack ad looks neat.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 24, 15:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There apparently is OFB in Switzerland and Austria.
That sounds like USDA Grade A to me. That's just propaganda. There's no such thing. The usual sources report no such creature, so this is obviously nonsense. Especially since SnootySims is a well-known rumor-mongering site that has been making stuff up for a long time now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 24, 17:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe there is no expansion pack after OFB...

Aldebaran
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 24, 18:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about Switzerland, but there's no OFB in Austria. I live in a neighboring country and visit there to pick up my games (it's cheaper than buying them here ._.), and it wasn't in shops at the beginning of this week.

[edit] Corrected typo... [/edit]
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 24, 19:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so part of the ad for Family Fun on Snootysims says "redesign your living room with upscale nautical furnishings." WTF? Pirate chic? Nothing can be upscale if it reminds you of Cap'n Spanky's Fish n Chips Hut. That made me laugh.  Cheesy

ETA: Oh no! The twins cheat rears its ugly head again! Maybe they did that to shut the kids up.

"- Forcetwins: With a pregnant Sim selected, using this cheat will transform the pregnancy into a twin birth."

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 24, 19:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Bout time! It will certainly shut the sheep up.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 24, 19:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ahahaha! EA will ride this money train into the ground. As long as we're still buying the expansion packs, they'll make 'em.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 24, 19:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ahahaha! EA will ride this money train into the ground. As long as we're still buying the expansion packs, they'll make 'em.

Yep, I'm their sucker til the end. I have been hearing things about Will Wright's new game that's coming out this year. I'll probably get sucked into that too. I can't remember what it's called.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 24, 19:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spore Smiley
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 24, 20:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I'm their sucker til the end. I have been hearing things about Will Wright's new game that's coming out this year. I'll probably get sucked into that too. I can't remember what it's called.

Yep - already know I'll be a sucker for that one too.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 24, 23:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, Spore looks quite interesting so I'll definitely be getting it when it comes out. I like the idea of creating your own unique creature - add a leg, a couple of eyes and big teeth - noice!
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 24, 23:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that advertisement REALLY wants me to buy the Family Pack now.  Also, doesn't it strike anyone else odd that it's in English and not in the language that they speak over there?  Could easily be photoshopped.

There's still hope for an expansion announcement though.  That picture looks like it's on the back of the manual and not the jewel case.  Perhaps they'll put an expansion announcement on OFB's jewel case when it gets released stateside.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 24, 23:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

raye1forTS2 has apparently made a video with OFB.  Has anyone seen it?  Videos from the official site dont work for me.

ISFJ
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 25, 00:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

raye1forTS2 has apparently made a video with OFB.  Has anyone seen it?  Videos from the official site dont work for me.

If it's the one that is on Snooty's site. Yeah. Didn't show too much that we hadn't already seen in the Maxis promo videos - some shots of the new neighborhood, a couple of shots of the new items all lined up ( a picture would have been better than a video - hard to focus in on the items when the video shot isn't that long nor a close-up of the items) and a couple of chair make-overs. It was a nice idea by the person who created it - to show what the game had - but there wasn't anything too "new" in the video.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 25, 00:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pictures would have been better then...

ISFJ
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 25, 00:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit.

I don't want to be lured into their booster packs..bastards.

Too bad it looks interesting bah!

Coming April 2006?  Yeah..ask us to drop $35 for an EP and then $25 a month later for some more crap.

Yeah I'm mad b/c the family fun actually looks like it might be entertaining to some extent.  Damn the little princess bed...damn it!
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 25, 01:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that advertisement REALLY wants me to buy the Family Pack now.  Also, doesn't it strike anyone else odd that it's in English and not in the language that they speak over there?  Could easily be photoshopped.

There's still hope for an expansion announcement though.  That picture looks like it's on the back of the manual and not the jewel case.  Perhaps they'll put an expansion announcement on OFB's jewel case when it gets released stateside.

Sharp eye. I missed that. Well I do hope it's true because that Family pack does look nice. So it goes on sale in 5 days. darn it's going to fall in the middle of the week and even though I'm looking forward to buying it, I'm sure as hell not going to work 12.5hours
 and then trek on down to the local Walmart

Oh well, I guess I'll have to live vicariously through the rest of you for a couple of days until the weekend hits to buy it.. And I didn't preorder it  this time because the last time I did that I had to wait 2 weeks after it's release before it got delivered to me which sucked
« Last Edit: 2006 February 25, 02:53:33 by Wolfee » Logged
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 25, 02:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...That sounds like USDA Grade A to me. That's just propaganda. There's no such thing. The usual sources report no such creature, so this is obviously nonsense...

Are the usual sources run by the usual suspects?

Bah, couldn't resist.  Yeah, I was wondering about the English words too.  I think it is propaganda.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 25, 02:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The holiday pack didn't interest me much so I didn't get it although the fireworks and a few other things sounded pretty cool, I didn't have the money anyway but I will be getting the Family pack and probably the other one when its out.

Yeah, Spore looks quite interesting so I'll definitely be getting it when it comes out. I like the idea of creating your own unique creature - add a leg, a couple of eyes and big teeth - noice!

Need Link!! *cough* I mean, could you give us a link please? *is to tired to go looking herself*
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 25, 02:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember how we all said that the brazilians lied the other time? And it turns out they are correct. They did get the game early.
So could this Swiss thingy be the same?

I seriously wish I am Swiss now. Childish, yes but I still wish.  Embarrassed

Go Away
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: