More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 17:34:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  CONFESS! How many of you pay for downloads?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CONFESS! How many of you pay for downloads?  (Read 101483 times)
staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
Re: CONFESS! How many of you pay for downloads?
« Reply #250 on: 2006 May 23, 02:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I subscribe to TSR -- I like the unlimited bandwidth of downloads for subscribers and the no-ads option. I like not having ads. I'll pay to not see ads, you know. Cheesy

I also have a subscription at Simslice (has the best hacked objects!) and Simchic cuz I like the detail of the clothes there, and I stupidly shelled out $5 to Simskins before I realized that the only stuff I like are freebies. *headdesk*

I'd subscribe to JDsSIMulated but that server doesn't take Visa, and I only have one credit card -- a Visa. And you can't even get into the interior of the site to see what's available unless you subscribe. So, I'm sunk. Oh well. Shaklin's lovebed makes up for not getting to see what JDs has.

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
Introverted, Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving. Conclusion: I IS TOILET PAPER!
geekily
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2006 May 23, 06:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When the Sims 2 first came out, I subscribed to TSR and WDS.  Haven't subscribed to anything since probably November or December '04.
'
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2006 May 23, 06:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simslice has crap objects. I've actually dissected them. Most of them are simply random collections of marginally modified Maxis codes, complete with their errors and idiosyncracies. Definitely not worth any money.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
geekily
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2006 May 23, 06:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simslice has crap objects. I've actually dissected them. Most of them are simply random collections of marginally modified Maxis codes, complete with their errors and idiosyncracies. Definitely not worth any money.

Reeeeally? Good to know. I was so enthralled with the whole weather machine object that I had the sudden urge to pay up. Thankfully my broke college ass brought me back down to Earth.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: 2006 May 23, 12:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is either a confession of purchase or else of theft ... Roll Eyes

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2006 May 23, 21:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reeeeally? Good to know. I was so enthralled with the whole weather machine object that I had the sudden urge to pay up. Thankfully my broke college ass brought me back down to Earth.
I have yet to see a "weather machine "that actually works so my broke ass wont  be paying for one anytime soon either Tongue

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2006 May 24, 01:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is either a confession of purchase or else of theft ... Roll Eyes

I cannot imagine JM paying to receive cc. That idea is too far fetched. I will even believe a tall tale of elephants eating ice cream than this  Roll Eyes

Theft...more likely to be true...

Go Away
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2006 May 24, 01:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Theft - not exactly.  Paying - not exactly.  Wink  I did pay for the files.  I asked Pescado to take a look at what they contained for me.
staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: 2006 May 24, 14:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Humph. *I* like Simslice's stuff. It's worth the fee to me. So there. Tongue

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
Introverted, Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving. Conclusion: I IS TOILET PAPER!
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2006 May 24, 15:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I subscribe to TSR (although sometimes I really wonder why) and Sim Chic. At some point though I am going to get off  my lazy butt and cancel my subscription to Simchic because they don't update as much as I would like. I don't consder two updates in a month to be worth the $5 a month charge. Yesterday I just forked over the $10 for Peggysims site because I was dying to have some of the "donation" hair and decided to quit torturing myself with it.
If someone would have told me 2 years ago that I would be paying for custom content for a game, I would have laughed in their faces.  Embarrassed

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2006 May 24, 15:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I suscribe to SimChic too.  I think they update enough for me - when they do update, it's usually with quite a lot of stuff.  Plus, their meshes are awesome and used by almost everyone.

And I have too many clothes anyway lol.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2006 May 24, 16:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I have too many clothes anyway lol.

I didn't know there was such a thing! Wink

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2006 May 24, 18:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Before pointing and laughing, know that I'm a real newbie when it comes to hacks & mods.)

I was so enthralled with the Simslice TS1 stuff, that I bought a sub and DL'd a lot of the TS2 stuff. I'm not nearly as enthralled with it as I thought I would be. Most of it sits on a backup/storage CD, and the only things I use are the costume trunk and the gizmo that increases the price of decor (so that when you sell it, it appreciates based on your Creativity level).

I currently have subs to Around the Sims 2, TSR, and here. All of them are worth it (though TSR is a on-and-off thing).

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2006 May 24, 18:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems I can't help myself.  I have 7 current subs. 
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2006 May 24, 21:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you know what i hate about this thread i now have to go vist all the sites that have been talked about so its going to cost me a small fortune , altho i have a new rule with hair if im paying for it it has to be binned .

and i dont know who said it but a share program sounds good esp for sub junkies ,
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2006 May 24, 21:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if we're to talk of value for money, then Around the Sims has always left every other pay site standing!

I don't actually sub anywhere now, I just can't afford it, except my once only sub to ATS2, and some remaining points at SimFreaks2.

Zephyr Zodiac
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2006 May 24, 21:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you see another one up until 2 mins ago id never been to around the sims2 , now i want there dining room set , i dont rate there skins tho
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2006 May 24, 21:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of her skins were done very early on, and she hasn't done much since, but one thing about them, they are very high quality and look good in your game  some more exciting ones often look dreadful when you come to use them.  If you like some of the new sets, there are recolours over at MTS2 for the kitchen and living room, and also recolours by Damage of the office set and the chairs.

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2006 May 24, 22:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only clothes I use of hers are the gym outfits and they are really nice.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2006 May 24, 22:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have a male teen outfit in one of my games.  But even the recolours of the awful Maxis originals are well done.  I don't often use them now, but at one time there wasn't much around and one was grateful for everything one could get!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2006 May 24, 22:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I currently have  a sub to 5 different sites . and of course my sub to Maty brings my total to 6 I cant help myself Tongue I am a download a holic. then of course I also have my free subs such as MTS2.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2006 May 24, 22:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh.

I forgot MATY.

Eight, then.  Tongue
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2006 May 24, 23:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh.  Y'all are bad, bad people that make me want to throw money away to buy clothes and objects for electronic people that don't really exist!!  My husband already wants to delete them all and get his wife back. 

So, if you were like, going to pick the better deal (best quality, # of downloads, frequency of updates) would you choose Around the Sims 2 or Sim Chic?
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2006 May 24, 23:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simchic.  Around the Sims 2 is very good quality (except, in my opinion, the Modern Line series - that looks awful to me), but they rarely update.  Save it for when you have a spare $5 and it never expires, so you don't have to worry about recurring charges with them.

SimChic, on the other hand, updates often and usually a lot of stuff at a time.  Not to mention that like half of the retextured clothes out there use their meshes.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2006 May 24, 23:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there's good free Custom Content out there, and people are complaining that their game is lagging because of it then why do they pay for more of it?  I'm kind of assuming that people that subscribe don't have a godly gaming computer, so they're used to buying second-rate hardware/software.  I don't see justification in a subscription if you don't have a computer like that, since you can find a better use for your cash.

If it's my cash, what business is it of anyone else's what I spend it on?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: