More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 01:33:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Cheerleaders in Llama Suits
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cheerleaders in Llama Suits  (Read 9979 times)
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Cheerleaders in Llama Suits
« on: 2006 February 21, 05:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Llamas in llama suits.  I'm sure they have their place.  (In a doorless room.) However, I have a Greek House which has had a number of cheerleaders and llamas join and then go out into the big world upon graduation.

However, they seem to be forever after doomed to wearing the Llama suit whenever they're out of their own house.  This includes dates and family outings.   It's getting old and confusing. 

The Greek House recently passed a rule that neither llamas, cows no cheerleaders may move in in future, but has anyone/ could anyone, please cure them of the compulsion to dress like a large camelid on all possible occasions?

TA
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Cheerleaders in Llama Suits
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 21, 06:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheerleaders and mascotte are among the sims that should not be moved-in because they keep their original behavior.

Others to avoid are social worker, headmasters, repoman, drama professor (others professor are fine) etc.  Any NPC with a special behavior actually should be left as NPC and never moved-in.

Gardener, maid, nanny, bartender, fireman etc on the other hand are safe to move-in.

I know there are other posts in regards of this that gives a more complete list.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 21, 08:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay... is there any more explanation on this? Because one of my Sims married the Llama. After he moved in, I made him change his outfit and had him change his appearance so that the llama head didn't show up on his thumbnail. It was refreshing to see what he actually looked like (outside of the few brief glimpses from the hot tub). All was good, so I thought. But, he still shows up in walkbys and on community lots in his llama costume. Is there no way to change this? And why was his personality apparently changed so that he has 0 points playful, which is not his genetic personality, but he was apparently "encouraged" to be so serious? With all the cheering going on, it makes no sense.

I should add that when playing the lot where he lives, his behavior seem normal enough and he doesn't do the cheering. It's just in other circumstances that he reverts to his Uni behavior.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 21, 10:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this same problem in my original Pleasantview.  I had a llama, cheerleader and cow mascot all married in and they all continued to dress like their old Uni selves in public.  With the cow, I even went so far as to totally remove her NPC file in SimPE (it simply didn't exist anymore), but it made no difference, so obviously there is something else stored somewhere.  I was constantly altering her personality everytime I played her lot or saw her wandering around downtown, it drove me crazy.  The llama and cheerleader were easier, their personalities stayed changed once I'd altered them, but the cow just wouldn't conform, which was why I tried removing her file.  She no longer behaved like a cow mascot (none of them did), but she and both the others continued to dress like mascots, especially the llama.  That drove me crazy because he was actually very good-looking - why couldn't they have picked one of the revoltingly ugly big-mouthed YA's to be the llama instead?!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 21, 11:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that's why that Sim (former cheerleader) always dresses up as a Llama as an adult. I'm getting sick of her always changing into that every time I go into any lot that she is on...

I may have to put her in the natural scientist career, and later "reward" her for it. Wink

Grater
Blathering Buffoon

It burns!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 21, 11:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Others to avoid are social worker, headmasters, repoman, drama professor (others professor are fine) etc.  Any NPC with a special behavior actually should be left as NPC and never moved-in.
*takes notes*. I like chaos.
Can the repoman actually be moved in, and if so does he actually... uh? that wouldn't be good :lol:.

Okay so I want maximum chaos (altough not actually visible from outer space).
Drama Professor x 2
Cow Mascot
Headmaster
Mr Big, The Diva
Streaker
Grand Vampire

Sound good?  Grin
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 21, 14:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of that list, MrBig/Diva and the slobs are safe to move in. As are the drama professors (or rather, drama p's are no worse than other p's).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 21, 14:11:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Drama professors retain their "instantly fall in love with everyone" behavior. This tends to result in an endless cycle of losing best friends over and over. This can be bad for the sheer level of memory spam it produces.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sadiebutterfly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 21, 18:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a headmaster; haven't had him thinking he's in the headmaster scenario (though his toddler daughter did once try to schmooze him) but he doesn't age properly. He keeps reverting to the age he was when I moved him in, so one of these days he will just have to die of unnatural causes.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 21, 18:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe headmasters are notoriously buggy when you try to move them in anyway; I think this is one of the NPC's Pescado originally said not to mess with.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 21, 19:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So as far as NPC's you shouldn't move in, are Master Vampires on that list? 

The daughter of my founding Sim, met a Vampire while in college, the fell in love and after she graduated, she moved him in and they got married.  He only remained a vampire for about a day after that, before I had him drink Vamprocillian D.  The only odd behaviour he ever exhibited was to constantly stalk around with his arm in front of his face.  He aged normally, and actually just died last night of old age.

Should I not have married a vampire into my family?
MyFireElf
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 21, 19:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why they do that, but I do know that crammyboy has a hack that can fix it. I married the cheerleader Ivy Copur into one of my families, and it bugged me to no end to have her wandering around in that stupid llama suit, especially when she's so pretty.

The hack is called "Sims wear normal clothing on community lots (No work clothes) Version 5".
SirLance
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 21, 19:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why they do that, but I do know that crammyboy has a hack that can fix it. I married the cheerleader Ivy Copur into one of my families, and it bugged me to no end to have her wandering around in that stupid llama suit, especially when she's so pretty.

The hack is called "Sims wear normal clothing on community lots (No work clothes) Version 5".

I have that hack and the cheerleader still dresses up in that stupid mascot outfit...

Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts. -Cicero
MyFireElf
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 21, 19:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? Odd. Of course, my cheerleader has never reverted to NPC behavior either. Never mind, then.  Undecided
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 21, 20:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a headmaster; haven't had him thinking he's in the headmaster scenario (though his toddler daughter did once try to schmooze him) but he doesn't age properly. He keeps reverting to the age he was when I moved him in, so one of these days he will just have to die of unnatural causes.

Exactly the same thing happened in my game when Brandi Broke married the headmaster Vince Walter.  Everytime I went into the lot he'd changed back from elder to adult, although he still looked like an elder.  I was forever altering his age.  They had a son and he tried to smooch his father about politics when he was a toddler!  In the end Vince did finally die of old age and I was glad when he did, all that age-changing got very boring.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 22, 01:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Streakers also do this. I can set their outfits and change them at dressers until the cow comes home, but they are always "forgetting" to get dressed after leaving the shower. To the shock and horror of their shyer housemates.

Which, I have to admit, makes me sort of amused. Tongue
Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 22, 06:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be cool if they wore the cheerleader uniform around town.  I read an article about a 40 year old professional cheerleader (for the Dallas Cowboys, I think) last year.  That might be a nice story line for a sim.  There's no good story line for the silly llama uniform.  One of my most joyous moments in the game was killing Amin Sims, because he had visited my sims in his mascot uniform every day when I was still new to the game.
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 22, 13:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I would rather have an elderly cheerleader in a Llama suit than a cheerleading outfit.
JaneSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 24, 05:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens because, even though the Mascot/Cheerleader/Streaker/Whatever NPC marries into the family the game still considers then as NPCs until such time as they expire (die).

So, every time you play a lot that is not their lot, there is a chance they will dress up in that ridiculous outfit & come traipsing by.

I do not believe there is an easy solution to this behaviour!

Jane
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: