More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 16:15:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question about alien kids
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question about alien kids  (Read 15297 times)
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Question about alien kids
« on: 2006 February 21, 03:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had one alien kid in my game since installing NL, and she's considerably different from the other alien kids, and I'm wondering if this is a function of something included with NL, or if it's something I've downloaded.

The most recent alien kid differs from other aliens in that she has human eyes and she does not have Pollination Tech as a parent.  Her father is the only parent on her family tree.  I downloaded the Multiple Pollination Techs hack from MTS2, and I removed it when I installed NL.  I did not put it back (I didn't bother to check to see if it was NL compatible).  Also, this alien child was a product of the Dance Sphere rather than the telescope.  She also has DNA coming from somewhere else as her lower jaw not only is different from her father's, it almost could be diametrically opposed (she has a very thin, tapered chin; he's got jowls)

I read rumors that there was something that changed with NL with regards to alien children, involving making them no longer relatives, but I never saw that confirmed by a Maxis source.  Is that the case here, or is something else going on here?  I sort of miss making pure alien kids, and was wondering if there's something I could do to restore that ability.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Question about alien kids
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 21, 04:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's just the way alien spawns are handled now, so they're no longer all half-siblings. This otherwise seems normal, I don't think you're guaranteed to always receive alien eyes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 21, 05:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Human eyes have always been a possibility.  The very first alien child I got had them.  (See my avatar.)

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 21, 05:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had them turn out human skin and alien eyes, alien skin and human eyes, alien skin and alien eyes and totaly human looking .It is just the roll of the genetic dice.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 21, 05:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had them turn out human skin and alien eyes, alien skin and human eyes, alien skin and alien eyes and totaly human looking .It is just the roll of the genetic dice.
It is not possible to have human skins with alien eyes, since the alien eyes basically are just a null eye that defaults to the eyes baked directly onto the skin.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 21, 05:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I stand corrected I meant to type human eyes.My brain thinks faster than my fingers can type and I get ahead of my self.There fore you are more awesome than I. Smiley

edit:fixed typo
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 21, 08:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My half-alien recently had a child, who is, naturally, quarter-alien, but still has the green skin. However, he's got HUGE gray eyes. Are these huge eyes dominant (Is this readily apparent in SimPE)? I mean I am really getting serious about selective breeding these days. 

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 21, 08:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hate it  Angry when aliens get bug shaped human beings - its spooky!

And that Multiple PT hack from MTS2 is compatible with NL - I been using it and the alien kids have the PT's genetics.
- very sharp pointy ears and small good looking bug shaped eyes and yes a nose.

Go Away
Adara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 21, 09:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the new patch a few days ago and now all of my alien kids are siblings again. PT ist listed as their father. Cry
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 21, 10:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not possible to have human skins with alien eyes, since the alien eyes basically are just a null eye that defaults to the eyes baked directly onto the skin.

Presumably you are talking about first generation aliens, straight from the abduction?  I've had quite a few children/grandchildren of aliens who've had human skin and alien eyes - in my experience, the skin is the first thing to phase out.  In my new Pleasantview, I gave both Caliente sisters recessive alien skin & eyes, resulting in Nina having a son to Don with expressed alien eyes and recessive alien skin and Dina's twin daughter to Mortimer (second born) having the same combination; her twin brother inherited no alien genes at all.  What I have noticed is that the alien eyes change in subsequent generations - both the Caliente offspring's eyes look like normal eyes with darker pupils, whereas the original aliens have the huge bug-like pupils. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 21, 11:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Human eyes have always been a possibility.  The very first alien child I got had them.  (See my avatar.)

Weird.  What's the likelihood of getting human eyes?  This first kid with human eyes in my game is the tenth alien child born.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 21, 11:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought ita 50-50% if the simmie has cc eyes.

Go Away
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 21, 11:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a half alien get abducted a week or so ago...and he'll be pregnant probably for the next 5 years or so...gotten really sick of that 'hood Tongue

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 21, 14:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hate it  Angry when aliens get bug shaped human beings - its spooky!

And that Multiple PT hack from MTS2 is compatible with NL - I been using it and the alien kids have the PT's genetics.
- very sharp pointy ears and small good looking bug shaped eyes and yes a nose.

Would this be a default pt replacement? And could you point me to that thread at mts2?...I tried searching for something like this but was unsuccessful in my attempt Undecided.....thanks, tgdrysix

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 21, 14:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I had an alien who married a non-alien with the elf-face.  Their child is very like her mother - so I think the elf face must take precedence over the alien one.

Zephyr Zodiac
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 21, 14:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would this be a default pt replacement? And could you point me to that thread at mts2?...I tried searching for something like this but was unsuccessful in my attempt Undecided.....thanks, tgdrysix

You can find one here : http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php?topic=17.0

You can also make your own pt replacement by using the file above.  All you have to do is extract the facial structure of a sim that you like, and replace the facial structure in the file above with your own.
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 21, 15:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=71852

There is a link in this thread to the original Multi-Poly hack.

Not at all awesome
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 21, 17:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most recent alien kid differs from other aliens in that she has human eyes and she does not have Pollination Tech as a parent.  Her father is the only parent on her family tree.  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sort of miss making pure alien kids, and was wondering if there's something I could do to restore that ability.

As of this last nightlife patch my recent alien spawn has polination tech as the second parent.  I do have GloamingMerles Poli-Tech replacement though so perhaps that is why?
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 21, 18:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=71852

There is a link in this thread to the original Multi-Poly hack.

Thanks will check it out....tgdrysix

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 21, 18:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can find one here : http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php?topic=17.0

You can also make your own pt replacement by using the file above.  All you have to do is extract the facial structure of a sim that you like, and replace the facial structure in the file above with your own.

I knew about this one and it's nice but I wanted to stick with the green alien skintones....I have several I use....but making my own maybe the way to go....I'm assuming I would use 
simpe to make this default replacement?  Is there any tutiorals on doing this? I'm very new to that program and I really need step by step instructions Embarrassed ( oh and any pics would be nice too, Cheesy)....thanks , tgdrysix

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 21, 20:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew about this one and it's nice but I wanted to stick with the green alien skintones....I have several I use....but making my own maybe the way to go....I'm assuming I would use 
simpe to make this default replacement?  Is there any tutiorals on doing this? I'm very new to that program and I really need step by step instructions Embarrassed ( oh and any pics would be nice too, Cheesy)....thanks , tgdrysix

for making default replacements -  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2930.0

as for the polli-techs, I use the one at laverwinkle now but I use to use one of the ones in that thread at mts2

polli-tech replacement file(s) do not affect the skintone (or hair color) so you can use it with any alien skintone you want  Grin
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 21, 21:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat, when you use multiple poli techs, do your alien kids show up as related to each other, or do they all have the same poli tech as their "biological sponsor"

In other words, does the multi poli tech just help the genetics (whatever you use), or does it actually help that "we're all related to each other" issue?

Am I even making sense? Never mind. Must go home. Smiley

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 21, 22:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat, when you use multiple poli techs, do your alien kids show up as related to each other, or do they all have the same poli tech as their "biological sponsor"

In other words, does the multi poli tech just help the genetics (whatever you use), or does it actually help that "we're all related to each other" issue?

Am I even making sense? Never mind. Must go home. Smiley

At one time I did use the multi-polli-tech hack over at mts2 so I can actually answer this *giggles*

Yes the kids showed different polli-tech parents and it took care of the "all related" issue but then NL came out and I had restarted my hood (yet again) and NL changed the "all related" thing  Roll Eyes 

I read that the multi-polli-tech hack didn't work with NL for some people and never got around to testing it out myself and now I'm reading that the patch changed the "all related" thing back to what it was before NL *sigh*  I patched days ago and if I remember I am going to check my alien spawn in strangetown and maybe try the multi-poli-tech hack (which does what Maxis should have done in the first place!)
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 21, 23:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat, when you find out about the multi-polli-tech and NL situation, please let us know.  And if anything can be done within SimPE to fix things the way they are supposed to be, I hope you can supply details so I can fix my alien kids (assuming they need fixing, I haven't visited them since NL).  So far I can only do the most rudimentary things in SimPE, but I'm always wanting to learn more.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 22, 02:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am a bummer and a philopsophical risk taker and I leave the PT (mts2 version) hack in my NL game.

No problems at all. The kid get sharp pointy ears and black bug shaped eyes, genes of the  PTs hack.

So yeah, u can use it but if u are not philosophical, pls back up ur game 1st.

The recent NL patch seemed to make the aliens linked again. I haven't checked it out for myself yet.

Go Away
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: