More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 09:32:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Take a look
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Take a look  (Read 13365 times)
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Take a look
« on: 2006 February 17, 11:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I married of a sim couple and I know that this glich happens some times but I think this is a rather huge amount. take a look.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Take a look
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 17, 12:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! Loads of money! Shocked

tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 17, 12:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a moment there I thought the graphics had gone wonky Cheesy

So, you going to be donating that extra cash into the poor fund?
A sim lottery win does take a lot of the fun out of it.

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 17, 12:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you referring to the fact that the sim is supposed to be moving in with more money than is actually in the kitty? Or that Mickey has so much money?
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 17, 16:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the sims lived in your main hood and the other one lived downtown? There's a few hacks out there to stop the "move-in lottery".
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 17, 16:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you put a group of sims in the family bin, and then teleport one of them and move him in - he will bring millions of dollars.

I moved the Curious brothers to the family bin. Pascal brought 2 millions, and Lazlo - 5 millions. No money cheat was used.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 17, 17:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The kitten killer has a fix for this. Get 'no lottery move in fix' from http://mysite.verizon.net/aestudios/sims2/
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 17, 18:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the new cheat included in NL, you change your family's money to whatever amount you want with FamilyFunds name amount
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 17, 21:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He can move in with me if he's bringing that kind of money!  Wink

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 17, 21:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I think Mickey may have something he needs to tell his new roommate about.  Ties to the mob, trustfund, whatever. 
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 17, 22:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the new cheat included in NL, you change your family's money to whatever amount you want with FamilyFunds name amount

How does that cheat written? Lets say I wanted to give 100,000 dollars to one of the families in the family bin, I'd write in the cheat window Familyfunds100,000? Do I leave a space between Familyfunds and the amount of money I want them to have or do I write it how I wrote it? I tried it once but it didn't work so I never tried it again. I'd love to know how to use it because it's such a pain to move a family into a chaep lot , motherlode them up and then move them out.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 17, 22:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didnt use a cheat to get that much money. I married these two off and as some one said that mickey was in the base hood and she was in downtown. I didnt realise that there is a hack to stop this from happening. I dosent seem to hapen with every sim I marry of that is in downtown though
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 17, 22:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I sure wish I'd get that glitch. You're lucky Smiley
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 17, 22:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wolfee The family funds cheat for nightlife is familyfunds [familyname] # (amount of money) so this is how to do it
familyfunds curious +1000 press enter there your done. Becarful though if there is more that one family name in the game.
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 17, 22:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much! I'll give it a go  Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 17, 22:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didnt use a cheat to get that much money. I married these two off and as some one said that mickey was in the base hood and she was in downtown. I didnt realise that there is a hack to stop this from happening. I dosent seem to hapen with every sim I marry of that is in downtown though

Some of the downtownies do have rather large amounts of money.  If you don't want them to, then teleport them to a lot (you need to move two this way, at least) and then have them "Find Own Place" - then they'll just get the normal 20K (or less, if you have JM's mod).

You can then move the one you want your sim to marry directly into the house, and he/she will bring 20K with them.

But the above amount would certainly give dina caliente something to smile about!

Zephyr Zodiac
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 17, 23:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realized that, I was just saying you could take money away as easily as give money.  So if you type FamilyFunds Broke 10000.  That's how much money the Broke they will have.  It won't add the amount, it will set it TO that amount.  That's one way to fix it, if you don't want your family to be rich because of a bug.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 18, 00:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will see if I can take some money away or find a house that cost a couple to four million to get rid of some.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 18, 01:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could create a Sim as a sort of 'banker', who lives on a lot but isn't played.  Send him most of the money with a money order, then whenever any Sims in the neighbourhood are a bit short, he can send them some (you'd have to use a cheat to make them known to him first, though).  Alternatively, the lottery family can use money orders to send the money out themselves.

Pity they can't gamble properly at the poker tables, they never seem to win or lose anything worth writing home about on those things.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 18, 01:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pity they can't gamble properly at the poker tables, they never seem to win or lose anything worth writing home about on those things.

No kidding.  It's be fun if they could gamble for real.  You could have career gamblers, who live only on that, or you could have sim  who loose all their money gambling.

That might be an idea for a mod !  Make gambling and pool actually win or loose real money.  I think there is an invisible token for how good you are at pool?  Not sure if the same applies to poker.  It could be a function of chance with logic as a modifier. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 18, 09:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could create a Sim as a sort of 'banker', who lives on a lot but isn't played.  Send him most of the money with a money order, then whenever any Sims in the neighbourhood are a bit short, he can send them some (you'd have to use a cheat to make them known to him first, though).  Alternatively, the lottery family can use money orders to send the money out themselves.

The first time I resurrected the Tricous, I ended up with millions because I'd unchecked Fricorith as a ghost in simPE, then moved him onto a lot with the transporter and moved him iin, so he came with all that money too.  But by the time I'd made three Tricou homes and then sent Fricorith and Gvaudouin off to college, they knew quite a few sims, so quite a lot of the money was posted to their friends!  At the time, it didn't occur to me it was a bug, as I'd never had it happen before, but I did wonder how the Tricous had amassed all that cash in such short lifetimes!

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 18, 09:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first time I resurrected the Tricous, I ended up with millions because I'd unchecked Fricorith as a ghost in simPE, then moved him onto a lot with the transporter and moved him iin, so he came with all that money too.  But by the time I'd made three Tricou homes and then sent Fricorith and Gvaudouin off to college, they knew quite a few sims, so quite a lot of the money was posted to their friends!  At the time, it didn't occur to me it was a bug, as I'd never had it happen before, but I did wonder how the Tricous had amassed all that cash in such short lifetimes!

I figured they had underworld connections - the entire family was rubbed out, no one was willing to admit to knowing them and then there was that huge fortune... Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 18, 18:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The second time I resurrected Fricorith, I did it in Uni - he got 500 simoleons!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 20, 02:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is caused by the "lottery move in" bug, which basicallys says you shouldn't move people in across neighborhoods unless you freakiness to happen or somesuch. Somebody had some kind of fix for it, I think.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 20, 02:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it meant when he finally resurrected the rest of the family, they had to make it on their own efforts!  But the biggest problem was the game wouldn't recognise he was alive when I saved and exited, then returned to the game.  Luckily by that time he'd made friends with Dustin Broke, but he couldn't resurrect him in Uni, he had to go downtown to do it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: