More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:56:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No stupid stranger behavior - ever.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No stupid stranger behavior - ever.  (Read 25194 times)
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: No stupid stranger behavior - ever.
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 10, 13:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same issue with Admire early on, it did produce a "had an affair memory". It was my very first family and the wife, wanting to get ahead admired a coworker she brought home. Her husband went ballistic and their relationship took a huge hit. I was stunned. Perhaps it was fixed in the patch?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 10, 13:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And my cats are useless, by the way. They didn't even lift a mighty hunting paw to help me.

Get a male Maine Coon - mine loves chasing anything that wriggles!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 10, 13:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine like food. And that's about it.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 August 10, 13:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol so do Rat Terriers. I too live in the south and we have some huge flying roaches, tree roaches I think they are called. Its pretty scary walking the dogs at night, you can see them flying around, crawling on the side of buildings etc. And they are mean little devil bugs too, every so often I will see one on the ceiling or wall and I will attempt to Raid it, as soon as it sees that bright red can it rears up and flies at me. OF course I run screaming like a banshee up the stairs. Pity those that have been on the phone with me at the time.

But the dogs, the two wild and crazy guys, they love to torture anything that moves or makes noise. Bugs (and anything else inanimate, or not) don't stand a chance if they are less than about 4.5 feet off the ground, my dogs will find a way to wound them enough so that they are ground bound, where they then enact a ritual of slow death. Good little terminators!
Ardin Topani
Blathering Buffoon

Where'd my avatar go? This will do for now.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 August 10, 13:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cats were quite the little huntresses. The older one loved the slow torture method--hold onto them, then let go so the prey thinks if can get away and then before it does, smash her paw down on it again. This would be on until the bug died from exhaustion. My younger cat never attacked anything that moved--light, shadows, feet. She wasn't big on torturing the bugs, but once they were on their backs, she would leave them for me to dispose of.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 August 10, 14:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cats will actually chase laser beams, string, etc. Anything that doesn't need to be chased.  They won't chase anything I would like them to chase; I point my finger at a bug and they'll come over and bonk my finger. Occasionally they'll bat around a cricket, or my siamese will go nuts when he sees a moth. But when they catch it, they let it go. Playful little guys, but useful? Other than companionship, no.

Oh, I forgot about those "flying roaches". I won't leave my porch light on for long, because they...will...come. And they will fly straight to my hair. Not intimidated by people at all. I'm in tears just thinking about it. And the can of Raid thing? Oh, yes, they have to have commit one final act of terror before they go. Again, in my hair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 August 10, 16:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, roaches. You know what *WILL* kill roaches? Rats. If I see roaches, I go to the warrens and get a bag of rats, then let them loose.

Then I eat the rats.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 August 10, 16:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same issue with Admire early on, it did produce a "had an affair memory". It was my very first family and the wife, wanting to get ahead admired a coworker she brought home. Her husband went ballistic and their relationship took a huge hit. I was stunned. Perhaps it was fixed in the patch?

I had the same thing happen. Cassandra had brought home a co-worker and wanting to bump up their friendship for a promotion, I had her "admire" him. Don immediately went over and smacked her around and she had the "affair" memory. I can't remember if this was before or after I had Uni...I believe before.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 August 10, 19:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember having this problem with the Admire interaction in Sims 2.  I remember in Sims 1 that a "spouse" (or someone who was in love with them, since they didn't technically have spouses then) would come over and slap them silly anytime they admired someone.  I didn't think this should have been a romantic action, and I remember thinking that they seemed to have fixed it in Sims 2. 
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 August 10, 19:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This admire slap happy action happened to me before the patch in Sims2 so I am thinking perhaps the patch fixed it. Then again, having learned my lesson I dont purposely choose that interaction with married sims to anyone else anymore.
Ardin Topani
Blathering Buffoon

Where'd my avatar go? This will do for now.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 August 10, 20:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try it on someone tonight to see if it happens again. (Things are entirely to quiet in my Prosperity Neighborhood anyway.) I've avoided this action in certain situations since getting that first affair memory, so I, too, wondered if the patch corrected it.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2005 August 10, 21:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember having this problem with the Admire interaction in Sims 2.  I remember in Sims 1 that a "spouse" (or someone who was in love with them, since they didn't technically have spouses then) would come over and slap them silly anytime they admired someone.  I didn't think this should have been a romantic action, and I remember thinking that they seemed to have fixed it in Sims 2. 

Yup, this is my experience too. But I only got TS2 in June, and installed the second patch straightaway before even running the game.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 August 10, 23:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to move the romance mod out to check again also, just in case it has an effect.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 August 11, 00:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Admiring definitely does not cause romantic behaviors, or else all of my sims would be having affairs left and right, because Admire is one of the dominant interactions of every AutoSoc run.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 August 11, 13:33:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard you and I believe you.

BUT I know for a fact that when I first got the game with my first family and my first marriage the elderly wife admired a coworker and got bitch slapped for it.

I have never had to use autosocialize on anyone that is married though. However I did notice last night that extended family members where admiring each other left and right. Probably because they are all filthy stinking rich, ah those prolific multigen Hamptons...

Either way it now works as intended so it really doesnt matter anymore.
« Last Edit: 2005 August 18, 18:57:26 by nectere » Logged
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 August 18, 10:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i love your avatar nectere Smiley

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 August 18, 18:59:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its a funny little llama, I assume it was chopped. I liked my other one better, it was a licking llama but everyone thought it was a horse.  Roll Eyes
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 August 18, 20:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your old avatar used to crack me up. Especially when you'd be all serious in a post, and there's that goofy llama staring out at us. It's right up there with Motoki's peeing nanny on my list of favorite avatars!
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 August 19, 15:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get a male Maine Coon - mine loves chasing anything that wriggles!

One of my cats, a great tabby idiot, is actually scared of creepy crawlies (particularly spiders), and runs and hides behind the sofa whilst the arachnaphobes in the household have to beat it to death with a book or shoe. Unless I'm there when I rescue it and place it outside! My littlest pussa is a mighty hunter and is soooo proud of her kills that she talks to us for ages about them.

Wussy sims eh? I prefer 'em grouchy too as they are far more fun and likely to pick a fight.

Meh...
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 August 19, 15:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your old avatar used to crack me up. Especially when you'd be all serious in a post, and there's that goofy llama staring out at us. It's right up there with Motoki's peeing nanny on my list of favorite avatars!

I agree with you there. They are # 1 and 2 respectively on my favorites list too. :D

My cat is an old cat. He is 16 years old and thinks we are his pets and on earth to do his bidding. He has had a long and fruitful life, keeping our stables and garden free of vermin and rodents, so now he is an in-house cat only with all the priviledges he so rightfully earned. If he sees something wriggly he just sits and stares at it, and then at us, as if to say: "Well, are you going to take care of this, you lazy bum?"

By the way, if it's a spider, we also rescue and release, since it's considered bad luck to kill a spider (or a bat) in my part of the world.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 August 19, 16:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my cats, a great tabby idiot, is actually scared of creepy crawlies (particularly spiders), and runs and hides behind the sofa whilst the arachnaphobes in the household have to beat it to death with a book or shoe. Unless I'm there when I rescue it and place it outside!

That made me laugh. My cats aren't scared, they just aren't interested. I'll point out a bug and they'll look at it and go "eh.". My siamese will play with little creatures, but he never actually kills them. Just bats them around a bit. My other cat just wants food.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 August 19, 16:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My dog was a bug killer, and spider killer, without being taught to do that. Bugs couldn't survive in my house when she was around...Smiley.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 August 19, 16:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a bug and spider killer. They know this and avoid me, because if I see one, I will grab it and eat it.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 August 19, 16:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a bug and spider killer. They know this and avoid me, because if I see one, I will grab it and eat it.

Bon Apetite, or Guten Appetit. Sounds like an intriguing meal choice JM. :D

I just asked my mother about the spider/bat thing. It's considered bad luck to kill them because they are considered helpful in keeping the pest-bugs at bay. They eat flies, mosquitoes, etc. Makes sense, sort of...

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 August 19, 17:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's illegal to kill bats in the UK.  If they get into your loft, you aren't allowed to get rid of them you have to wait until they move out after their hibernation is over, then all you can do is attempt to stop them getting in again!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: