More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 06:53:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  We have Rape/impregnation, Necrophilia, and STDs. whats next for the expansion?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: We have Rape/impregnation, Necrophilia, and STDs. whats next for the expansion?  (Read 56604 times)
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: We have Rape/impregnation, Necrophilia, and STDs. whats next for the expansi
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 13, 15:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think sanmonroe is having a little fun with it, not getting all OMG offended. There wasn't any endless circular-logic ranting, for one thing. I think it's pretty funny that, after his/her cheeky description of it there's a lot of arm-waving about it all being perfectly innocent. One word for you: Mpreg.  Lips sealed

And, uh, zombies are dead. Doesn't the manual for uni say they can't get pregnant because they are dead?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: We have Rape/impregnation, Necrophilia, and STDs. whats next for the expansion?
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 13, 15:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course zombies are dead!  If they aren't, they aren't zombies!

Talking about sex in costume - we had a couple here in the city where I live who liked to dress up.  He particularly liked wearing his superman costume. tying her up  and climbing onto the wardrobe, from where he would take a flying leap onto the bed and  -----  woohoo!  On one occasion he miscalculated, and as he jumped, he fell and broke his leg badly.  Wife of course is tied up (gagged and bound the papers said) so was unable to get help......I think finally someone missed them and got the police to break the door down!  Embarrassing or what?

Zephyr Zodiac
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: We have Rape/impregnation, Necrophilia, and STDs. whats next for the expansi
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 13, 16:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just don't want them in my game because I don't play them, and they take up space!  I agree they're probabyly the sarcastic social comments you suggest - but how many 9-year-olds would recognise that and say, "Oh well, it's only a sarcastic social comment, now I needn't have nightmares!"  (There might be people who have nightmares about Santa, and Maxis wisely only included him in a special add-on!)

Oh I don't think so.  I was a pretty unsophisticated 9 year old, and I very much doubt zombies would have scared me in this game.  Ultraman vs Godzilla gave me the willies, terrified me.  Night of the living dead scared me, although it was pretty humorous.  Even as an adult, I closed my eyes during some parts of The Ring. (when she comes out of the tv).  But zombies in TS2? Pffffffft.    As any movie producer will tell it's the atmosphere that scares you.  The suspense, the what's around the corner, the spooky music, all that.  If you took any scary (bloody) scene from a movie and reduced it to a still, or to a one minute clip, we would likely be more repelled than scared.

So I don't think zombies in TS2 are scary in the least to anyone. Unless you are scared by cartoons. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: We have Rape/impregnation, Necrophilia, and STDs. whats next for the expansion?
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 13, 16:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe so, it's a long time since I was 9!

Zephyr Zodiac
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 13, 17:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And then there are Sims like Vidcund Curious, who popped out his alien sprog and now wants to be aducted again.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 13, 17:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until they spring the Meet Aliens 5, 10 etc times!  How many alien kids do they want anyhow ?  or are they like those tribes who never realised that babies follow sex as the night follows the day?)

Zephyr Zodiac
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 13, 17:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they've figured it out by now. What's really funny is that both of his brothers want him to be abducted again too. (It's one of Circe's fears, though. Need to fix that.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 13, 17:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ultraman vs Godzilla gave me the willies, terrified me.  Night of the living dead scared me, although it was pretty humorous.

The Fly creeped me out badly. That human head on the fly body - ewwww. My son could watch pinhead tho. He watched that whole set of movies, never a nightmare or anything. He just loved horror movies - cut his teeth on Lon Chaney as a toddler and watched everything he could from there on. I think they woulda scared me (Pinhead). Depends on the kid, I guess.

There's not enough of either sex or violence, easy enough to find in The Sims to interest even the most jaded 9-year-old. The original post is amusing. Trolling for what'shisface, the guy trying to sue everyone?

Unsouper
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 13, 18:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My 14-year-old niece has been watching horror since she was knee-high to a grasshopper and loves it!  My own kids won't watch it because it's just too gross for them.  But they'll sit through all kinds of 'sci-fi violence' without a problem at all.  Funny thing is, the sci-fi violence totally freaks out my niece! LOL

On the other hand, none of them want to watch movies that contain what they deem to be more real-life trauma.  The key to their enjoyment of those movies is that they really aren't realistic in their minds. 

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 13, 18:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly.  I won't watch war movies for the same reason.  I am adamant about it.  I don't care that if it won a million oscars and it's the best thing you ever saw.  I  w i l l  n o t  w a t c h.   I know war is brutal, ugly, evil.  I know it, and I don't need to see it pictured in vivid color to know it in my heart.  I watch movies to be entertained, not to be upset.

PS.  I know what you mean about The Fly. that was one creepy icky movie.  But man did I have a thing for Jeff Goldbloom.  What a hunk.  Him and David Duchvony.  I dunno what it is with me and jews, lol.  Maybe it's the dark intense gaze and brooding good looks, I don't know Cheesy
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 13, 19:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe so, it's a long time since I was 9!

Obviously! I find it highly unlikely that a 9 year old would be scared by the vampire either. As far as the getting upset about weird sexual dimensions, I think you have to be a certain age to even think of things like that, or be disturbed by them. A nine year old would probably just take it all in stride, and not think twice (although you might get some embarrassing questions). They are far less squeamish than adults, IMO. Too bad they don't get STD's in the game, then kids would learn something about risky behavior! However, I think seven year olds should not be playing the game, since some of them apparently are afraid of the Grim Reaper.

David Duchovny is definately hot. X-files just sucked without him!
« Last Edit: 2006 February 13, 19:27:31 by Ellatrue » Logged

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 13, 21:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I said, unfortunately the base game was marked 7+ over here (I don't know if they've since altered that!) so there must have been a lot of frightened kids when their simmy died and the GR appeared!  (And young kids do have problems keeping their sims alive!)

Zephyr Zodiac
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 13, 21:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and parents who might otherwise allow their kids to play sims2 are often reluctant because of all the twisted sex! 

Hmm, twisted sex in the game? Where is it, because I haven't seen it yet?  Tongue

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 13, 21:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obviously you haven't read any of Jack Thompson's comments!  (Did you really think I was expressing my own opinions?  A simmer who has moved heaven and earth to fulfil the woohoo with 20 different sims LTW?  I did say I was stirring the pot, LOL!)

Zephyr Zodiac
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 13, 21:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is some of the stuff he claimed :

"Sims 2, the latest version of the Sims video game franchise...contains, according to video game news sites, full frontal nudity, including nipples, penises, labia, and pubic hair." He accused Electronic Arts (EA) and Maxis of cooperating with the mod community to "peddle vile smut to minors"

Yes god forbid minors should see in a game what they themselves can see in the mirror.  Indeed the naked body is "vile smut".  Maybe we should emulate the catholic nuns of old and have the children bathe in the dark with their clothes on, to avoid being corrupted by the vileness of their bodies.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 February 13, 22:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe we should emulate the catholic nuns of old and have the children bathe in the dark with their clothes on, to avoid being corrupted by the vileness of their bodies.

Ssh! Don't give Jack any more ideas.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 February 13, 22:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Penises? Nipples?  Not in the game as released.  In fact, I find it more disturbing that the only sims who don't have nipples are females from teenage on up!  If there weren't bottles, they're the only ones who actually need nipples!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 February 13, 22:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ain't it shameful?  We, humans, renouncing our own body, our flesh and blood.  To find it disgusting is to hate all walks of life.  I'm not saying go walk around in the street naked, but c'mon, which vision are we happiest to creat things in?  Our own!  We should take pride in our intelligence!
babylon
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 February 13, 22:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are furries???

Found this among many definitions when I Yahoo'd "What are furries" and think this answer fits the context best.  lol  Lips sealed

"People who like to be in animal outfits better than not. Some of them like to have sex and do other sexual like things while being costumed up."

-from http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Furries&r=f

Oh yeah! I remember that CSI episode now....I thought the poster was referring to extreme sheep love (no...that would be woolies, wouldn't it?)

You broke his damn ankle, Jack.

He shouldna been playing with adults.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 February 13, 23:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thinking about it, the "supernatural" things each sims expansion has read like a nasty fetish slashfic.

That's an interesting way of looking at it.  Lips sealed

<insert witty comment here>
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 February 13, 23:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can just picture Jack Thompson sitting at his computer, "grading", all the games he deems inappropriate, with mouse in one hand, schlong (or schlort), in the other; battin' himself off.  Did he download all the x - rated stuff himself?, cos my Sims don't have any pingalings, or any of the other stuff mentioned...

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 February 14, 00:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine do, but only because I searched actively for the vile smut, and eagerly downloaded it from the co-conspirators working at sites that were peddling it.  Fortunately for me, though, I have not been a minor for many more years than I was a minor.  Obviously something else along the way corrupted me to the point where I find such disgraceful game content enjoyable, nay, necessary. 
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 February 14, 00:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine do, but only because I searched actively for the vile smut, and eagerly downloaded it from the co-conspirators working at sites that were peddling it.  Fortunately for me, though, I have not been a minor for many more years than I was a minor.  Obviously something else along the way corrupted me to the point where I find such disgraceful game content enjoyable, nay, necessary. 
My point exactly, it's not in the game unless you put it there>  Wink

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 February 14, 00:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can say is...DITTO !
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 February 14, 00:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Jack Thompson really have nothing better to do? 

I have to say, I get sick to death of the "do-gooders" who want to regulate other people's lives, whether it's what pc games they play, what tv programmes they watch or books they read, or even whether or not they seek an early demise through too many cigarettes or to much alcohol!

I think it was christ who advised that before worrying about the mote in your neighbour's eye, do something about the beam in your own!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: