More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:51:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help Needed, Re: Replacing the Default Pollination Tech
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help Needed, Re: Replacing the Default Pollination Tech  (Read 6253 times)
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
Help Needed, Re: Replacing the Default Pollination Tech
« on: 2006 February 12, 01:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a Sim that I would like to use as the default Pollination Tech, but I'm not quite sure how to go about it. In fact, I don't have the slightest idea what to do.

I've exported the Sim to bodyshop, and tweaked it a bit because it looked strange as a toddler/child, but I'm not really sure what to do next. I've looked on several forums for some kind of an answer or tutorial, but I couldn't find anything.

If somebody could point me to a tutorial of some kind, I'd appreciate it. Smiley

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
Re: Help Needed, Re: Replacing the Default Pollination Tech
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 12, 02:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can find info about it in these threads. Ignore my own retarded posts:

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=557890#post557890

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=207899#post207899

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 12, 02:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! Those look perfect. Now to get to work... Smiley

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 12, 03:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My apologies Ellatrue, I didn't feel like reading the thread, I took a brief look and it looked complicated.

There is a really really easy way to do it.   (I'm like the queen of easy lol.  I think Sleepycat created a monster)

You take an existing default pollination technician file.  I believe there is one at Laverwinkle.  You export the facial structure of the sims you want to be used as a default tech and then replace the facial structure in the pre-made default with this.

It's very similar to this technique http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=56241

I don't know if this method is Kosher, but it worked for me!  I got Don Lothario and Daren Dreamer pregnant with like a dozen alien babies and none of them looked freakish in the least.

Oh and I combined this with a defaut alien skin and default alien eyes and all my alien babies had green skin
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 12, 03:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... Okay... One of those seems to require downloading the multi-PT thing, and those others only modify the facial structure. How do I change the hair colour? I want to give the PT a recessive hair colour (blonde) because I'm sick of all the black haired sims that I keep getting.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 12, 03:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look at post #80 in the second thread I gave you, there are better instructions, and I think you should be able to use that method to change the hair as well.

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 12, 04:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... Okay. That makes more sense, but I still can't see how to change the poll tech's hair colour.

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 12, 16:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool, I read post 80 and it's pretty much what I did, except for the creating a new package bit.  I've saved the info.  Very useful.  Glad to find out I was on the right track.

As for your question hmm.  I don't understand where the PT gets his DNA info, because he's an NPC, and you can't open their character file like a normal sim.  The method described above only uses the facial structure part of a sim, not the entire DNA set.  Maybe it's not possible to actually change hair color.  Some bright people (way brighter than me) figured out how to replace the default alien eyes and default alien skin. But since there is no default hair, as it appears to be standard Maxis, I don't know that it can be changed.

The only thing I could think to do is to change the recessive gene of one of your first generation alien sim, which would have a similar effect to what you wish.  Or make the alien baby blond and fix his genes to be homozygeous.  Unless you are using cheats for alien abductions, such occurances should be rare enough.

There is a long thread over at peasantry that explains the DNA of strangetown character.  You should find enough info there to do what I outlined above.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 12, 18:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do I change the hair colour? I want to give the PT a recessive hair colour (blonde) because I'm sick of all the black haired sims that I keep getting.

If you ever learn how to change the polli-techs hair color, please share the knowledge. I'm also tired of getting only black haired alien babys.

I end up with way to many black haired sims in my hoods as it is Sad  In one hood I'm playing all the children have black hair except for 1, and she was planned out in advance with both parents being blonde. I just started a new hood and will be doing things abit different regarding hair color, most of the sims I make will be blondes or redheads!
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 12, 18:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The replacement I've been using, has blonde hair in the thumbnail; but every single one of the ailien kids has black hair.  Even the ones born to sims with blonde hair.  I never gave this any thought until this thread.  I'd love different hair colors on them too.
I think I might be almost brave enough to try some of this changing defaults stuff...
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 13, 02:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's a shame. I do cheat a lot (In just my latest neighbourhood I have three main households. I already have 3 alien toddlers through cheating, one alien baby through a wierd pregnancy glitch, and then a Sim who actually got abducted naturally in the first hour of stargazing who is pregnant with twins, also naturally!) because I really like the alien aspect. I've never quite gotten over them, although I quickly got bored with zombies and vampires.

I'm still really new at this stuff, so I'd rather not have to change each alien's genetics myself, I'd find it much easier to just live with the black hair. I just thought I'd see if this was possible at all. It doesn't look like it is, but I'll be keeping an eye on this topic just in case. Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 13, 03:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I end up with way to many black haired sims in my hoods as it is Sad  In one hood I'm playing all the children have black hair except for 1, and she was planned out in advance with both parents being blonde. I just started a new hood and will be doing things abit different regarding hair color, most of the sims I make will be blondes or redheads!
My neighborhood seems to be dominated by brown hair, and not because of any concious effort to skew the the pool, but simply because of natural genetics. The blondes do not appear to be resurfacing from their recessives, either, because I know a lot of sims carry recessive traits that have yet to resurface. Perhaps I should stop intentionally pairing off homozygous recessives with homozygous dominants, then putting the heterozygii together.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 13, 04:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...well my problem is that "I" have a thing for guys with black hair (and dark brown) so I tend to make most of my male sims with black (or dark brown) hair *sigh*

I was going to start a new hood, got as far as adding "Will Smackyou" (for the first sim = telescope guy) but I think I will delete that hood (after I'll package Will and his house) and just spend the time in SimPE removing all the fugly townies and dormies that I really hate dislike...well I am really just really damn sick of them tired of them. 

I can certainly add more blonde and red haired sims to Pleasantview instead of starting a whole new hood that will take me forever to get set up  Roll Eyes  hmmm maybe pair up the "kids" with blondes and redheads at Uni (or even with decent downtownies) *wanders off while talking to herself*
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 13, 20:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepy you really need to lay off the booze when posting on the forum Tongue

One thing you could do is play around with your black haired sims to give them a recessive blond gene or red gene.  So this way you could get the occasional "surprise" blond or red head kid.  I think if you match two black haired sims that have a recessive blond or red gene, you have a 25% chance of producing a blond or red simkid.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 13, 20:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*laughs* that would be a good excuse...to bad I don't drink  Lips sealed

Yes, I have thought about fiddling with their genes, I may do that along with adding somemore blondes and redheads  Grin  but first I'm going to get rid of the fugly townies and dormies since they are the reason I almost gave up this hood!  Roll Eyes 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: