More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:45:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Graduation Party Memory Fix
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Graduation Party Memory Fix  (Read 37519 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Graduation Party Memory Fix
« on: 2006 February 11, 15:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Graduation parties now correctly display Graduation Party memories instead of just regular "Party" memories.

gradpartymemfix.zip

Graduation Party Memory Fix for TS2U v1.0 - TS2NL v1.0p2
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Graduation parties now correctly generate the formerly never-ever-seen
graduation party memories (good/bad).

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. Tested for TS2NL v1.0p2.
Required Uni to actually do something.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 11, 16:09:25 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Graduation Party Memory Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 11, 16:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great!  Thank you - I know I'm not supposed to just say it, but it's about time I said thanks instead of trying to annoy you!  So

THANKS!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 11, 16:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have wanted this for SO long.  The number of times I have had to write down the names of everyone on the lot (sometimes in excess of 40 people) and go through all their memories ... in fact, since restarting Pleasantview I haven't had a single grad party because I just couldn't be arsed to do it.  WHY didn't Maxis fix this???  And this isn't the only memory that's never used, as I recall.  Why do I think that the entire game was never quite finished when it was first released??? 

Any chance you can fix the other major bug they never fixed, the one that forces them to have a memory of a lower diploma than they actually got when they move back to the neighbourhood?  It only seems to happen when they move into a new lot, not if they go back to their parents' lot.  That's a major pain too because it means having to immediately leave the lot and go into SimPE before they pass the false memory on to all and sundry.  Sometimes I've even had graduates move when they've been almost elders and it's happened. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 11, 17:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh! Nice one! Thanks Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 11, 18:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance you can fix the other major bug they never fixed, the one that forces them to have a memory of a lower diploma than they actually got when they move back to the neighbourhood?  It only seems to happen when they move into a new lot, not if they go back to their parents' lot.  That's a major pain too because it means having to immediately leave the lot and go into SimPE before they pass the false memory on to all and sundry.  Sometimes I've even had graduates move when they've been almost elders and it's happened. 
Never seen this one. Can't imagine why you'd see it, since the graduation memory is set the moment you return from your final, "Graduated Blah Blah Blah". Are you saying that actually CHANGES?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 11, 19:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must say I've never seen it.  The only memories I've had change are ones I've changed myself!  Only thing that occurs to me, is if you've had the original diploma stolen, and replaced it with a buyable, maybe that affected it in some way.  Still odd, though, and it would be nice to know the answer.

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 11, 19:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance you can fix the other major bug they never fixed, the one that forces them to have a memory of a lower diploma than they actually got when they move back to the neighbourhood? 

I didn't pay attention to if it only happens when it's a new lot, but is that the extra graduation memory they get whenever they move? Like, they graduated with the highest honours but when they move into a new place, they get an additional memory but with a lower honour? I vaguely recall their relatives getting the extra memory of '[insert name] graduated blah blah' too. I remember seeing it because I remember you mentioning it.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 11, 19:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to check Keanu Broke when I go into Pleasantview again.  He's so far moved at least three times since graduating as he started out living with Dustin and Dustin's wife and helped with the baby, then he moved in with Beau for the same reason, and finally got his own house  so his girlfriend and his little girl could move in with him!

Zephyr Zodiac
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 11, 19:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, this is great.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 11, 19:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you soooo much for this!  I could have used this last night when I had a graduation party, but I still have several more to go.  It always bugged me when they got a memory of a "great party" and not a "great graduation party!"  Now if you could fix the part where they don't get a want for a graduation party, just a generic party want sometimes.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 11, 20:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is Great! Fantastic Hack, as always.

But on a related note, do you think you could do something about the situation where only one sim graduates per graduation party, despite the fact that a lot of other sims on the lot should also be graduates. It's a particularly annoying issue when you have 8 sims, each of which should be graduating, and instead of having an all-encompassing party, you're left with either graduating the rest w/out fanfare, or throwing a party for each and every one of them.  Sad
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 11, 21:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be great.  I'm not sure if it can be modded though.  When this issue was brought up with Maxoid Tom, he implied this was WAD.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 12, 02:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never seen this one. Can't imagine why you'd see it, since the graduation memory is set the moment you return from your final, "Graduated Blah Blah Blah". Are you saying that actually CHANGES?

Not so much changes, as spawns a new one, which is usually two below what they actually got, so they end-up with two.  So, if they graduated Summa Cum Laude, when they move into their own place afterwards they will get a memory that they just graduated.  Not only do they get it, so do all their family members.  The original one stays.  This is what causes Family Sims to be able to graduate 3 kids when they've only graduated 2, because once the first moves into their own place, they get this extra memory.  So far I've yet to see what happens with a Sim who merely "Graduated".  Maybe it will say they never went to college at all.

Oh, and I'd like to echo the request for the Graduation Party want.  Mine never get that, as I've said before, when they come back after graduating they will suddenly decide they want a sports party or an ordinary party (or both), so they're obviously trying to say they want a Graduation Party but they can't.  As I have very few Sims who actually ask to graduate, quite often by this time they're very low in aspiration so they need this graduation party want. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 12, 05:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually seen the extra graduation memory as well.  My very first Uni grad got it, and if I recall...I believe he was moved into a new house after graduation.  He graduated Summa Cum Loude, and had that memory, but also had a memory of graduating Cum Loude, a few spaces after the real memory.  I've seen it a few other times as well, but didn't really pay much attention.  Undecided

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 12, 05:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of my Sims get double grad memories after moving out. This can be long after returning to the main 'hood.  As reported it is always a lower rank than the original, and all family also gets this duplicate.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 12, 06:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a graduation party for one of my sims, and it was a real treat to get to see the great graduation party icon in her thought bubble.  I didn't even recognize it at first--I had to pause and zoom in!  I finally got to read the text of the memory in-game.  So thank you, this is great!  Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 12, 06:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you're all right, I suppose the only answer is either to never move your sims from one lot to another after they graduate, or to spend a lot of time in simPE correcting everyone's memories!  At least until someone comes up with a fix!

Zephyr Zodiac
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 12, 08:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim : as I said in another post it seems (in my game at least) that the double graduation memory is caused by notelepathy. As soon as I removed no telepathy from my downloads folder, my sims stopped to have this extra memory with lower grade.
Pioupiou.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 12, 11:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Explains why I never noticed it!

Zephyr Zodiac
florican
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 12, 12:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the double graduation memory is caused by notelepathy. As soon as I removed no telepathy from my downloads folder, my sims stopped to have this extra memory with lower grade.
Pioupiou.

I've never had notelepathy installed in my game and I get the double graduation memory. I can move them into a new house directly after they return from Uni and there's no extra memory. But if they move after that they get it, with the reduced honour.
FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 12, 18:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had that hack either...although I have lots of other ones.  So it very well may be a different one causing the problem, I just never paid enough attention to see when it happens, or even to deduce why.  I'll probably pay more attention from this point though. Undecided

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 12, 18:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had this happen also with Dirk Dreamer and his wife. It is the first time I ever moved a family into a new house after they had been placed after college.Their kids are going through college now and they and the rest of the extended family all have the memory of them graduating cum laude when in fact they graduated summa cum laude along time before.I just thought it was my game being wierd again.But now I am thinking it is another Stupid bug.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 12, 22:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've just moved river and Ruby Finn from their starter home into a new Big House as he's nearly made the Mayor's Office.  I checked their memories in game - no mention of a Graduating again.  I closed the game and checked in simPE, and again, no memory of either graduating a second time with a lower degree, or one of the other half of the couple doing so.

On the other hand - River, who has always been Popularity, is flagged as Knowledge!  Now, I've seen this with a lot of Maxis sims, but never one of my own CAS ones.  And dince Ruby is Family, then if he was Knowledge, I should be able to get them up to 3 LBs, and I can't get them past 2!

But as far as the graduation memory is concerned, either it isn't bugged in my game, or else it's a random occurrence.

But poor Ruby has now tried 6 times for a baby and is still showing no signs of being pregnant!  I think she may have to play away!  On the other hand, their friend Aron has just given birth to twins (thanks to TJs pregnancy for All)!  Maybe I'll have better luck if I flag Ruby as Male in simPE!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 12, 23:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had notelepathy in my game either, so it certainly isn't that in my case.  I can't really think of anything I have that would cause it, but I know it's always happened.  I did have one group of grads it didn't happen to recently, but only the one, and at the time I couldn't think of anything different about them that might have stopped it happening.  It doesn't happen if they move back into their own family lot incidentally, but it does if they subsequently move out and into their own place, however much later that may be.  As I think I mentioned, I've had Sims almost on the point of becoming elders who've suddenly graduated again because they've moved house.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 12, 23:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe with my couple it's because they're CAS sims and the only family they have apart from each other is back at Uni still.

On the other hand, you may well be using a hack in your game that I'm not, which may be either causing it to happen or having conflicts with another hack.    But I can understand how annoying it must be to constantly have to go into SimPE to delete all that spam!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: