More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:06:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The War Room
| | |-+  Myths, Urban Legends, And Apocrypha Of TS2 Explored And Exploded
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Myths, Urban Legends, And Apocrypha Of TS2 Explored And Exploded  (Read 191465 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Myths, Urban Legends, And Apocrypha Of TS2 Explored And Exploded
« Reply #75 on: 2006 July 20, 16:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about this theory: is it complete balderdash?

"Mary-Sue Pleasant's first chance card is rigged so that however you respond to it, you lose - she gets demoted and ends up coming back early."

No, that one's true -- it's one of the scripted actions that comes with the game as a sort-of 'tutorial'  thing.  However, I believe you can ignore and and continue on normally.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 July 20, 16:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah my problem is that Daniel never got the maid in the sack in time for him to be "accidentally" caught.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2006 July 20, 17:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah my problem is that Daniel never got the maid in the sack in time for him to be "accidentally" caught.

Ditto! I couldn't get the timing right either.  Cheesy

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 July 20, 17:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That and if you have the cutscenes on, the kids get home for it in time, but not Mary-Sue...

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 July 20, 21:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't aware the idea was to be caught, so my success-oriented mindset dodged that bullet entirely. When the chance card dialog popped up in the middle of rel-fixing, I simply casually batted "ignore", as I do with most low level cards since the benefits rarely outweight the risks, and never found out it was rigged anyway until way later.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 July 20, 21:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah the whole point is to have tutorial dealing with jealousy and break-ups. As, Mary-Sue immediately wants to break up with Daniel.

But of course you knew that. =)

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 July 21, 00:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's what it said in the Prima Guide.  No matter which option you choose, the result would be Mary-Sue coming home early, and supposedly "catching" Daniel in the act.  But you have to time it just right because if they start to woohoo too soon, Mary-Sue won't notice when she gets home because she's crying about getting fired.  By the time she's done, whatever it is that alerts the sim that their spouse is woohooing is gone, so she is still blissfully unaware.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 July 21, 07:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of the Pleasantview scenarios are broken since NL, unless you load the lot at least once prior to installing the XPs.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2006 July 21, 07:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it rigged for the Caliente girls too?  The Mortimer walk by is clearly rigged, but how about the burglar? When I first played them they got burgled, one of them got pregnant, promoted, fired and dead in short order.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 July 21, 07:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The burglar is rigged also. The rest is just you sucking.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mdrturner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 July 26, 09:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I suck.
I've been playing this damn game since it first came out and I've never noticed these "hidden" tutorials.
This might be the wrong place to ask, but what other "hidden" tutorials are there?
Also, I've heard about several scenarios that were in the game (like the power outage) but were taken out although the code is still there. Any truth to this?

Feel free to point and laugh/poke with sticks as appropriate.

Stealing someone's ideas is plagiarism ......   Stealing everyones ideas is research.
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 July 26, 10:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I've heard about several scenarios that were in the game (like the power outage) but were taken out although the code is still there. Any truth to this?

You can - or at least you could in the past - spawn a scenario tester in Debug mode (boolprop testingcheats enabled -> shift+click on a sim and click the menu till you see Spawn, Scenario Tester...). One of the scenarios dealt with a power outage, during which you still have to keep your family and your guests happy. Kinda weird to get the message and have plenty of electronical stuff still running. Guess it was intended to work with the not added weather function.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 July 26, 14:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I know one of the other scenarios is Pablo (?) Curious getting abducted the first time he star gazes (resulting in two alien kids in the Curious household. And the Spectre lady dies of old age in like three days of playing her lot I think. And the Dreamer wedding party.... And Cass and Don's wedding setup is supposed to teach you to make sure people are in a good mood before rushing them to the altar. Those are all I can think of ATM.

Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 July 26, 15:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Dreamer what...?
Who's marrying whom at the Dreamer's home?
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 July 26, 15:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not Dreamer...sorry... the Oberon and uh...Titania in Veronaville...

kaonashi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: 2006 July 26, 18:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I suck.
I've been playing this damn game since it first came out and I've never noticed these "hidden" tutorials.
This might be the wrong place to ask, but what other "hidden" tutorials are there?

I don't play the Maxis made characters since they bore me. Once though, I played as Don Lothario a little bit and yes, he comes with a mini-tutorial. A little message will just pop in the upper corner every now and then. Stuff like, "Don's place is a mess! Call the cleaning service and hire a maid," or, "The showerhead is leaking. Don needs to fix it."
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2006 July 26, 19:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Cass and Don's wedding setup is supposed to teach you to make sure people are in a good mood before rushing them to the altar.

LOL, really? It was a roof raiser in my game... and it was only the first party I ever played. Only problem was I had already played the Caliente sisters beforehand and married Mortimer off to Dina, so Alexander got left alone after Cass & Don's wedding and I almost lost him to the social worker!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 July 26, 19:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, oops.

But anyways, the Prima Guide implies that if you don't play Don's lot first and get him to whoohoo with the Caliente sisters, he'll turn Cass down at the altar (due to low aspiration) and she'll go into aspiration failure.

HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2006 July 26, 19:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But anyways, the Prima Guide implies that if you don't play Don's lot first and get him to whoohoo with the Caliente sisters, he'll turn Cass down at the altar (due to low aspiration) and she'll go into aspiration failure.

Ah... now that I might have done...
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 July 26, 19:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But then again we all know how notorious those Prima Guides are... and how ridiculously easy it is to get someone to marry your sim...

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 July 26, 20:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not what the Prima Guide is saying.  If you play the Goth lot first and marry Don and Cassandra, then you can't play Don's lot and go through that scenario because he will no longer live there.  And the reason Don turns down Cassandra if you try to marry them too fast is because of their borderline relationship score, not his aspiration.  This only applies in the base game, because after NL, chemistry has an effect causing sims with good chemistry to accept interactions at lower levels.  The first time I played Pleasantview when I first got TS2, Don left Cassandra at the altar, and I went on to have her marry a sim I made for her.  I played the scenario again later after installing Uni and NL, and I couldn't get him to turn her down.

HelloKit, I don't understand something about your story.  If you had Cass marry Don in your game, then Don would have been moving in with her and Alex, so why would the Social Worker come to get him? Huh
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 July 27, 02:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is another Caliente scenario.

If you move in Mortimer as soon as he walks by the lot (by marrying or just moving him in), you get a message saying something like "Three's Company! It's time for Nina to find her own place."

Fail.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 July 27, 11:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Cass and Don's wedding setup is supposed to teach you to make sure people are in a good mood before rushing them to the altar.

LOL, really? It was a roof raiser in my game... and it was only the first party I ever played. Only problem was I had already played the Caliente sisters beforehand and married Mortimer off to Dina, so Alexander got left alone after Cass & Don's wedding and I almost lost him to the social worker!

Rainbow I don't play this hood much but I'm guessing that Mort had moved out with Dina,(Leaving Cass with her brother in Morts old house). The wedding between Cass and Don was so good the Limo came and Alex was left alone, hence the warning from the social worker?
« Last Edit: 2006 July 27, 11:55:36 by MyPrecious » Logged

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 July 27, 14:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, maybe that was it.  I didn't have a wedding party for Cass when I first played the lot because the mini tutorial said to "click on the arch" so the only guests were Mort and Alex.  I don't think I've ever had a limo in a house where a child would have been left alone.
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2006 July 27, 15:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah that's what happened. Since I had already moved Mortimer out, I had to throw a wedding party so he could be there, and being literally my first day playing the game, I didn't know about the limo... or the social worker.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: