More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 02:08:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The War Room
| | |-+  Myths, Urban Legends, And Apocrypha Of TS2 Explored And Exploded
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Myths, Urban Legends, And Apocrypha Of TS2 Explored And Exploded  (Read 190809 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: Myths, Urban Legends, And Apocrypha Of TS2 Explored And Exploded
« Reply #50 on: 2006 March 05, 04:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't asking about the chance, actually... just trying to get all my facts straight so I can tell these people definitively that a) if they want twins so badly they're going to have to use a hack or a cheat, and b) no, seriously, you did NOT have a single birth, quit without saving, and then get twins instead from the same already-existing pregnancy (or else it was a glitch, but I personally don't believe it happened at all). I've been assuming that the time when it's determined if the pregnant Sim is having twins is when the lullaby plays, and I don't really expect that it has changed in OFB either, but confirmation would be useful.

Of course, they'll probably go on believing whatever they want to believe anyway.  Tongue

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 March 05, 04:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, JM did say that the code has not changed in OFB.  It may have been in another thread where he said this, but I don't remember the exact thread off the top of my head.  Maybe searching for "cheesecake" would bring it up.
Taz
Lipless Loser

Whatever.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 March 05, 05:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, JM did say that the code has not changed in OFB.  It may have been in another thread where he said this, but I don't remember the exact thread off the top of my head.

JM mentions it in this thread.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3278.msg96477#msg96477

Fascinating.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 March 05, 05:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Taz, I was just reading that post!  This is indeed good news.  I can now enjoy my cheesecake with impunity!  Wink
Taz
Lipless Loser

Whatever.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 March 05, 05:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome Rainbow.  Smiley

This is indeed good news.  I can now enjoy my cheesecake with impunity!  Wink

Is there something you're not telling me hmmm....  Wink

Fascinating.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 March 05, 05:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome Rainbow.  Smiley

This is indeed good news.  I can now enjoy my cheesecake with impunity!  Wink

Is there something you're not telling me hmmm....  Wink
Hmm...I'm not sure what you're talking about.  Wink

We'd better carry this conversation elsewhere before JM kicks us out of the War Room. Cheesy
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 March 06, 05:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3320
Important:  Info about the Cheesecake & Twins Fix.

Fixes a Maxian bug the prevents cheesecake from forcing a pregnant sim to have twins as advertised in the Prima Guide. Note: the Prima Guide is wrong, it's not a random chance (well it is, but its 100 out of 100  Roll Eyes). Preggers sims that eat cheesecake will always have twins.

The 50% version changes the odds from always to a 50/50 chance of having the pregnancy changed to twins.

Note 2: If you use the 'pregnancy stats' option on the preg modifier from the Insim, it will incorrectly report the pregnancy as still one baby because it's reading the pregnancy controller instead of the pregnancy token. It will also report one baby if you use the forcetwins cheat for the same reason.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 March 06, 06:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, so apparently, it *WAS* supposed to exist, but....WAS BROKEN. yay.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 March 06, 07:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am glad that my post about this cheat was rehabilitated...Smiley. Felt kind of stupid after posting about it...Smiley.

And thanks TJ for the fix  Grin Grin

Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2006 March 06, 08:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twins are decided at birth, although gender isn't.  If you save your game before the screen saying a new baby is on the way, then you can reload as many times as you want to get a different gender.  But the number of babies is stored in the pregnancy token, so if you are having twins, you'll get twins every time you reload.

Rainbow, I think you got the first sentence the wrong way round. Gender is decided at birth (that's why you can reload), but twins are not. (Decided at conception, though you can force them now.  Roll Eyes

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 March 06, 08:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dangit, I know what I meant. Tongue  I swear that's not what I typed...someone changed it after I posted it.  Grin

I'll go fix it, but you quoted my mistake.   Undecided
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2006 March 27, 14:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what are the chances of twins with a pregnancy modifier in place for 1 or both parents?
It's 10% for sims with no modifier I believe.

Does the pregnancy modifier do anything else or is it only about twins?

Is the pregnancy modifier inherited?  Game observation says twins run in families. 

I think this is where we have got to on twins including info from the two threads referred to above. 
The following affect the chances of twins:
1. The Pregnancy Modifier Token: This token appears to only be set once in the age controller. 
2. Disease: Being infected with a disease appears to negatively affect your twins chance.
3. Cheesecake affects the chances of twins, but the maxis code doesn't work as advertised. Twojeffs says you have 100% chance of getting twins if you eat cheesecake! If you want to lower the odds, he wrote a fix. (does it depend when you eat cheescake?  I have a report of eating cheescake, but no twins)
« Last Edit: 2006 March 27, 17:16:22 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 March 27, 19:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the Maxis code is broken so that it works 0% of the time.  TwoJeffs has two fixes.  One fixes it so it actually works, but the way Maxis wrote it, it occurs every time (100%).  The second fix TJ made modifies the odds to 50%, still high for some people's preferences. 

Maxis also said your sim would have to eat cheesecake before woohoo, but it was unclear how long before woohoo the cheesecake effect would remain.  In TJ's examination of the code, however, I believe he said it only had an effect after getting pregnant.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2006 March 27, 22:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeffs edited his post to say the Maxis code did work, but not as advertised.  He didn't exactly say in his hack thread how it did work though and I didn't notice anything about when you have to eat it.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 April 03, 06:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those were the results in my own game. Cheesecake resulted in twins only if they ate it after becoming pregnant, but not before.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2006 July 16, 08:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is this another Myth?
"The more fit your sims are the more likely they will conceive in one or two tries."

cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 July 17, 03:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is this another Myth?
"The more fit your sims are the more likely they will conceive in one or two tries."

I haven't noticed any difference in my game.  I have noticed along similar lines though that as my sims age it becomes more difficult for them to conceive.  Sims with 23 days left usually have no problem getting it in one.  Sims with 5-6 days left frequently take 4-5 tries.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 July 17, 07:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, total myth.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 July 18, 20:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed any difference in my game.  I have noticed along similar lines though that as my sims age it becomes more difficult for them to conceive.  Sims with 23 days left usually have no problem getting it in one.  Sims with 5-6 days left frequently take 4-5 tries.

This would explain why my newlyweds usually get pregnant right away, but the folks who've been married for a time have a bit more trouble when trying for the second or third kid.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 July 18, 23:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The age of the parents doesn't have an effect in the default game.  Mods such as the InTeenimater take the age of the mother into account, making it more difficult for her to conceive as she gets older.  In the default game, though, the odds are the same, depending on where you have them woohoo, regardless of her age.  The only thing would be if she only has 4-5 days left to becoming elder, I assume because she wouldn't be able to carry the baby to term before transitioning.  JM says there is a small window of time that she actually becomes fertile again, something like before noon 4 days before transitioning.  Then after that, she no longer can conceive, unless she were to drink Elixir or something, of course. 
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 July 19, 06:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM says there is a small window of time that she actually becomes fertile again, something like before noon 4 days before transitioning.
This is true.  There's a very old bug in the code which causes this.  I think it's between 7am and 11am on the 5th day before her Elder transition or some such thing.  The bug is actually that the infertility logic kicks in too soon due to an arithmetic error.  InTeen plugs this discrepancy, and of course replaces it with a different fertility model altogether.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 July 19, 06:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is an unfortunate drawback to that, however:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 July 19, 14:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes there is a small window for a soon to transition sim... That Smith woman can become pregnant if when you first enter the house..you immediately have them try for baby...( it might take 2 or 3 tries) but I found that it works. Of course she does transition while they are still babies though.

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 July 20, 16:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My data is completely unscientific. It just seemed to make sense since newlyweds always got pregnant right away, but the others all seemed to have more trouble. I'm not doubting you guys, though.

Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2006 July 20, 16:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about this theory: is it complete balderdash?

"Mary-Sue Pleasant's first chance card is rigged so that however you respond to it, you lose - she gets demoted and ends up coming back early."

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: