More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 22:00:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Newbie here, so no stone throwing allowed :P
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Newbie here, so no stone throwing allowed :P  (Read 9494 times)
usul_princess
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Newbie here, so no stone throwing allowed :P
« on: 2006 February 10, 16:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that one of the most practical hacks for me (No A+ spam) actually works for public school students, but not private school students. Is there any way to fix this because I have a family I play with often that has 3 kids in private school.

"....Was I really stupid enough to not to capitalize my own username when I registered?"  -Me
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Newbie here, so no stone throwing allowed :P
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 10, 16:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, you have Sims that have memories for every single A+ that they get now?  Hmm, maybe I should try sending my Sims to private school more often, I didn't know that this still happened.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 10, 16:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to throw rocks because you didn't put a properly descriptive title on your thread. *throws handfuls of gravel*

Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 10, 16:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I think the A+ Spam problem was fixed by Maxis at some point - in Nightlife, I think it was.

If, on the off-chance you have Nightlife, you may want to remove the hack.  Obsolete hacks can do some pretty whacked things to your game.

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 10, 16:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* syberspunk drops boulders...

I haven't yet verified in game, but afaik, I have the noaplusspam hack in my game, and I have two students in private school, and they both only have a single A+ memory for themselves. They have other memories of their sibling getting an A+ however, or even of their sibling having a memory that they got the A+. Does that make sense? Let me clarify:

Steven John has a memory of getting an A+. He also has a memory of Cindy Anne, his sister, getting an A+. He also has a blinvisible Roll Eyes memory of Cindy Anne getting an A+. He also has yet another memory of Cindy Anne having a memory of herself getting an A+, which is also blinvisible. Tongue

Cindy Anne has a memory of getting an A+. She also has a memory of Steven John getting an A+. She also has a blinvisible memory of Steven John's blinvisible memory of Cindy Anne getting an A+.

However... the only memories that show up in the memory panel is the single visible memories of getting an A+. They both are still A+ students, they are BOTH in private school, and they both only have a single A+ memory for themselves (not counting the 2 or 3 blinvisible memories).

Now... these students received their A+'s BEFORE they entered private school. I don't know if that has any affect, although I imagine it shouldn't, since I believe there isn't separate code for handling A+'s from private school. *shrugs*

Ste

Note: I am not absolutely sure, but I think Renatus is right. I briefly looked at the Maxis code for NL, and it appears at least superficially, that this should have been taken care of already, and the noaplusspam hack is probably obsolete.

However... I did notice this was brought up previously. When I looked at the noaplusspam and the nodeanspam hacks, there was a minor error with one of the settings. I suspect that something might have changed in NL that requires one of the settings for a certain line of code to have a specific value. Previously, in Uni this probably didn't matter. For some reason it changed, and having a non updated version of the noaplusspam hack probably causes your sims to get the spam. Maybe it was just coincidence that you noticed this happening with your private school students? *shrugs* I would think that, if this were the case, all students, regardless of being in private school, would be affected.

The reason it probably works in my game is because I personally tested it and made changes. I believe that they were updated. The nodeanspam hack has definately been updated. So... you can try removing the noaplusspam hack completely, to see if it was indeed fixed by NL or the NL patch(es). If you use the nodeanspam hack, you probably should make sure you have the most updated version.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 10, 16:53:21 by syberspunk » Logged

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 10, 17:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I must admit it's still in my game and appears to be working.  I also get the invisible memories such as you get, but that's just when they chat and tell each other stuff like that, I think, and doesn't matter except it takes a lot of space.  But they do only get the one personal memory (ie visible and owned by themselves) of getting A+, or their child getting A+ etc.

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 10, 17:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you don't really need that fix anymore if you have Nightlife.  It was not fix with the patch but in the expansion itself.

This hack is obsolete now, there is no need to leave it there.
usul_princess
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 10, 18:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm....Well, I haven't tried it without the hack since I installed NL, but I'll remove the patch and see what happens. Because you would think Maxis would be smart enough to know that sims with aging off will inevitably get the jump bug because of a thousand A+ memories. Not to mention those "Met X" memories. I mean, honestly, who remembers every single insignificant person they've ever met?

"....Was I really stupid enough to not to capitalize my own username when I registered?"  -Me
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 10, 19:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even more annoying when the memory is one way only!

Missdoh, I took the NoA+ hack out when I installed NL, and I got spam, spam and more spam!  That's why I put it back in.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 11, 08:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did some testing with this hack, the results of which I posted in another thread.  The first NL patch did indeed fix the A+ spam issue, because my sims did not receive a memory of anything but the first A+ they or their family members received.  These were public school students as well, because it was the Broke household in a fresh Pleasantview that I used for testing.  I don't use the A+ hack anymore, but I thought about putting it back in because it also makes the kids move to the mailbox and not stand blocking the door of the bus.  But I haven't been sufficiently annoyed yet. Tongue
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 11, 08:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? After I got NL I took out my hacks and I never got A+ spam ever again.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 11, 09:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't start actual game play until after installing NL, and I had loads of A+ spam.  I still have the hack in my game.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 11, 13:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TJ's Bring Friends hack is quite good at preventing kids blocking the path for any others getting off.  Plus, you don't HAVE to have Marsha Bruenig come to jump on your best bed!)  (Wish he'd make another one so adults have to ask permission to bring Goopy home from work!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 11, 14:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, ZZ, I wish there was an job version too, then my sims wouldn't bring the unhappily married, many affair having adult Marsha (Bruenig) De Coup home from work!

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 11, 14:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, TJ says it's not as easy to code the bring friend home from work as the bring friend from school was.  But I am confident that if anyone can do it, he can. Smiley
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 11, 14:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TJ's Bring Friends hack is quite good at preventing kids blocking the path for any others getting off.  Plus, you don't HAVE to have Marsha Bruenig come to jump on your best bed!)  (Wish he'd make another one so adults have to ask permission to bring Goopy home from work!)

Now now no Marsha Bruenig bashing....granted she is a bit pesky as a kid but she does grow up remarkably nice looking....In fact in my game she is married  to a CAS sim ( couldn't seem to match her up with any one else in the game so I had to make someone for her) and just had twins...waiting to see how they turn out....she is romance and so is her hubbie both have 3 bolts for each other and though the do spin up romance wants for other sims we just don't go there...they're perma plat. anyway!  Tgdrysix

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 11, 14:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But once she's met the family, she's forever phoning them all up, dammit!

The visitor zapper is useful once goopy has arrived, as he will always be zapped thereafter, but the he keeps phoning up, and since his icon then doesn't appear you have to mess about clearing offworld loiterers to get rid of him - and your sim still ends up being best friends with him!  I mean, I want my sims to have friends, but why choose Goopy?  I ask you?

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 11, 14:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, see, if you were to marry him off, let him have a kid...once he's dead he can no longer call people.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 11, 14:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah!  I usually either delete him BEFORE he gets too friendly, or I turn him into a BABY!  Only once have I had a BABY who could use the computer to chat online, and never the telephone!

Zephyr Zodiac
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 11, 16:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But once she's met the family, she's forever phoning them all up, dammit!

The visitor zapper is useful once goopy has arrived, as he will always be zapped thereafter, but the he keeps phoning up, and since his icon then doesn't appear you have to mess about clearing offworld loiterers to get rid of him - and your sim still ends up being best friends with him!  I mean, I want my sims to have friends, but why choose Goopy?  I ask you?

I haven't had that issue with her wanting to phone too many people in fact I usually have to direct her to do so....

And as far as I know none of my sims have Goopy as a friend... I guess when I first started playing I used just the sims I created in CAS and ignored the ones that came with the game... now that I'm actually "playing" a  few of those sims (the ones that came with the game)  since I ignored most of the bothersome ones well they just don't come around to bother the sims I'm playing....lucky me  Grin

Well, see, if you were to marry him off, let him have a kid...once he's dead he can no longer call people.

....Well that's one way to do it....LOL....  Cheesy

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 11, 17:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I knew better Smiley, one of my romance CAS sims had a fling with Goopy and accidently got pregnant.  The kid was uggggglllyy and lazy, and eventually met his demise from a falling satellite. Then I had the sim invite goopy over, lock him in a room, and just pretty much ignore him until he met the GR.  Then she brought him back as a zombie, and I turned him back into a townie with Inge's summoning bush.  So now I have a zombie Goopy wandering around that everyone avoids.  Grin

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 11, 17:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goopy.......*shudders*

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 11, 19:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jsalemi, you're a sadist!  Fancy inflicting a Goopy zombie on all your poor little simmies!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 13, 02:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, well, things were getting a bit boring in ol' Pleasantview, so I decided a zombie Goopy would add some interest on the community lots.  It amuses me to see all the folks who used to like him avoid him now. Smiley

Besides, the CAS sim who had his love-child has become my neighborhood 'black widow' after her husband died of old age, and she has this secret room in her house with the disappearing door that old lovers she's bored with enter but never exit (at least, not on their own  Grin).  With Inge's transporter bush sitting in her front yard, and the room currently empty, I figure she could get Goopy back after he's terrorized the neighborhood enough and add him back to her back-yard graveyard.  After all, that's where he was before he became a zombie in the first place... Wink

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: