More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 01:09:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  still some surprises...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: still some surprises...  (Read 37105 times)
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
still some surprises...
« on: 2006 February 10, 06:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This evening while playing I had a female sim with toddler home by themselves for the evening.  Her mother showed up on the lot, but I didn't see her nor did I hear any doorbell ring.  I finally caught a glimpse of her as she started walking around the side of the house.

Much to my surprise, the mother stopped in front of the window, turned to face looking into the house, and waved to her daughter who was standing on the other side of the window looking out.  The daughter then proceeded to queue up an action to chat with her mother and headed for the door.

I'd never seen this kind of interaction before and wonder if it wasn't some random fluke that looked like a natural sequence of events.  "Not answering the door? I'll go peek in the windows and wave if I see you to get your attention!"

Cheesy
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Re: still some surprises...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 10, 06:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty cool!

Speaking of surprises, I was playing Nina Caliente in her new house after the birth of her (oops! Grin ) son Carlos, and I was randomly waving the pointer around the screen when I noticed there was an action available on the coffee table.  I clicked on it and the option 'Do Yoga' came up.  I clicked on that and Nina walked up to the coffee table (which happens to be under a hanging light).  A message came up that as there was something on the ceiling, it would get in the way and she couldn't do yoga.  I moved the light and chose yoga again.  She then vaulted onto the table and proceeded to do the normal yoga poses.  When she was done she backflipped back onto the floor.

Has this been around since time immemorial and I've just been too stupid to notice it until now?

<insert witty comment here>
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 10, 06:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a new one on me, too.

I also recently found out that the rugs that came with NL allow sims to give others' static electric shocks.  Funny!  But I guess can't be done with the hacked rugs from prior to NL.

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 10, 06:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the kids do the electro-static charge on their parents...it's quite funny to see the evil little girns on their faces when they approach with their finger sticking out at the ready and zap the unsuspecting sim  Cheesy

I've never encountered what you had happen Allen, or your yoga surprise Vecki....it seems this game has a lot of little surprises and perhaps more that are yet to be discovered!!  Grin

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 10, 07:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yoga on coffee tables is only available for sims with high yoga skill Smiley.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 10, 08:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yoga on coffee tables is only available for sims with high yoga skill Smiley.

Geez...I thought a Yoga mat would be more comfortable and condusive to reaching a *'Nirvana' type state though?

*not the band (though they do rock!!)

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 10, 08:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still have not seen the static shock thing..then again..I think my sims need more rugs in their homes.

That's funny about the mother stalking around outside.  I had that happen too, or what appeared to be, but the sim needed greeted.

Alex Goth was stalking around outside the home of his former lover who had his child.  When nobody paid him any attention he moved around the lot and appeared to be looking into the windows, it was sourta creepy lol
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 10, 09:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My outgoing sims sometimes automonously greet visitors-only when they have rung the doorbell though! I have only seen it very few times.

Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 10, 09:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, just yesterday I learnt that toddlers could play in the trash.  Shocked

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 10, 10:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The trash piles? They always could! I remember when I just had the base game, I was dealing with some other sim on the lot, and I thought the toddler was playing with the rabbit toy....no, in the trash! The pile was huge, the toddler stunk, and the roaches were everywhere!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 10, 13:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love it when a parent arrives on the lot and you tell your sim to greet them and they run hell for leather out to greet them, parent opens arms wide and they leap into their arms!  Hermia Capp, (nee Monty) does it whenever either of the Monty elders turns up for an unexpected visit!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 10, 15:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some sims seem to visit more than others.  In my original Pleasantview, the Brokes in particular were always round each other's houses, especially Brandi's youngest, who was family.  In my current one though, the family who do this most are one of my own families - the mother is Romance and one of her sons is Pleasure and they visit each other everytime I play their lots, on a daily basis more or less.  I find it rather creepy in a way, because it's clear that if they weren't related they'd probably have 3 lightning bolts and I think somewhere deep down they know that.  A bit yucky.  I've not had anyone peering into windows as far as I know, but mine are either auto-greeted by the DMA Teleporter or if it's switched off I see them and get someone to greet them.  I'll have to try not greeting them and see what happens.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 10, 16:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it rather creepy in a way, because it's clear that if they weren't related they'd probably have 3 lightning bolts and I think somewhere deep down they know that.

I had siblings, Yesenia and Yowie, who I couldn't keep apart and the same thought occurred to me.  They lived next door to each other at Uni and one was always visiting the other.  Yowie would show up at Yesenia's house, bypass his girlfriend, and start with the friendly hugging, family kissing and dirty joke telling.  That was my first encounter with this game feature and I was freaked out.

It all came to a head when Yesenia was dreaming and she had a Yowie thought bubble consumed with attraction hearts.  I paused and almost started crying.  When I unpaused, Yowie's face immediately faded to Yesenia's husband, Stee.  I guess it was just unfortunate sequencing but I went about cooling their friendship down post haste.  They still get wants to call and invite each other over all the time, but they never visit autonomously.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 10, 17:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The youngest Broke in my game is always Romance, with 10 points outgoing (Leo) and he just drops in when he feels like it.  When he was at college, if no-one was home, he'd just hop into the hot-tub until they got back!  But he still kicked over dustbins of sims he hadn't met!

Zephyr Zodiac
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 10, 17:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have some outgoing sims, who will just walk right in and make themselves at home (watch tv/soak tub etc) without ringing the doorbell.

I didn't know about the yoga or the rug, I'll have to try those.

I always like these kind of threads because usually there are many things we haven't discovered yet.

The most recent thing that I discovered was that sims can peek into vampire's coffins while they are asleep, and the sim peaking gets scared Tongue I'm quite sure that many people know this but I only noticed it recently. Always a suprise when you've had the game for like 4-5 months and just find something new.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 10, 17:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love it when a parent arrives on the lot and you tell your sim to greet them and they run hell for leather out to greet them, parent opens arms wide and they leap into their arms!  Hermia Capp, (nee Monty) does it whenever either of the Monty elders turns up for an unexpected visit!

I know i had that happen to me.  I had moved the elder parent of an adult sims out of the house. They had a 20/20 relationship.  I don't remember if I invited him or he came on his own, but I saw my sim run out the door to hug his papa.  I thought it was so sweet !! It's hard to remember that it's all programmed in when stuff like that happens.
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 10, 17:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one of the many reasons I so love this site....you always find useful and interesting information..... and alot of it always suprises me!!!  Cheesy Thanks, Tgdrysix

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 10, 17:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know i had that happen to me.  I had moved the elder parent of an adult sims out of the house. They had a 20/20 relationship.  I don't remember if I invited him or he came on his own, but I saw my sim run out the door to hug his papa.  I thought it was so sweet !! It's hard to remember that it's all programmed in when stuff like that happens.

It may be programmed in, but since only some sims seem to do it, it's always a pleasant surprise when it happens!  I wonder if it's just family sims who do  it though?  Hermia of course is family, as are both her parents.

My mind is playing tricks, I don't mean Hermia, do I?  I get so confused with all those Shakespearian names - I mean the one who's in love with kent Capp, not Juliette's sister!  Just can't think of her name!
« Last Edit: 2006 February 10, 19:56:03 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 10, 18:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My most recent surprise was the 'ruin painting' autonomous action that certain Sims get when they've been raised badly and are in a foul mood. 

happy now :-)
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 10, 19:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the "ruin painting" has to do with being raised badly, but being on a bad mood and having high creativity skill.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 10, 21:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen the rug "shock" thing, but I haven't seen the others.  The only sims I've seen peeking in the windows are the paper boy/girl and the gardener.  The paper boy creeped me out the first time I saw it, because the sim in the house was in her undies at the time!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 10, 23:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never ever seen the "ruin painting"!  And I have plenty of sims with high creativity!  Maybe they only do it if the painter is not a friend?

But I recently was rather surprised at Capp Manor (the original one from which I moved everyone out as it's so darn ridiculous to play!) when a passing townie walked three sim miles to the front door to read the newspaper that the old boy had left there!  I mean, it would have been quicker to walk to the next inhabited lot and pick up the paper there!

Zephyr Zodiac
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 10, 23:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole Capp Manor lot is somewhat awkward to play.  I have to keep the camera pointed toward the road just in case someone interesting walks by because I'll never know otherwise if they do.

Incorpterating a garage on that lot was quite a task too, though I managed.  But it looks rather out of place on that hilly terrain.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 10, 23:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A correction to what I said: Apparently the "ruin painting" option can also be available for sims with low creativity skills, but the difference is that, with a sim of high creativity skill, ruining the painting may actually raise its value.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 10, 23:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, all three large lots (Capp Manor, Monty ranch and the Summerdream monstrosity) have now become part of the scenery, and the inhabitants moved to more spacious houses with smaller estates!  What really annoyed me, though, was when I tried to improve the house next door to the Summerdreams (the one with the maze) there was something totally bugged about the staircases.  When I got rid of them I couldn't tile over the gap, even though I tried everything I could think of, including exiting and rebooting in an attempt to reset the lot.  Nothing worked!  

Ignorant Bliss - how do I get my sims to do it?  Should I make them nastier?

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: