More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:12:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does This Sim Scare The Bejesus Outta You?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Should Mercedes get plastic surgery?  (Voting closed: 2006 February 15, 05:58:06)
Yes - 30 (38%)
No - 49 (62%)
Total Voters: 75

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does This Sim Scare The Bejesus Outta You?  (Read 72906 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Does This Sim Scare The Bejesus Outta You?
« Reply #75 on: 2006 February 08, 16:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, get the Mind control Mirror on the lot, click onto the maid and get him/her to change his appearance with the plastic surgery table (buyable collection object) and then give him/herself a makeover in the mirror.  I did that to one male maid, and he was really pleased with his new look - I even considered finding him a girlfriend and moving him into the game!  Then I though nah!  His DNA will still be UGLY!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2006 February 08, 16:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't really decided whether playing ugly Sims distracts from my playing experience or not.

Playing ugly houses - yes, that does distract. After I got into building lots, I went back into some of the pre-built houses where I had originally added rooms rather haphazardly and found the houses too depressing - I had to move the families to nicer homes *quick*.  It's so nice for a Sim to come home to a nice home.

But I kind of like having diversity with regard to Sim looks. Akthoug I know it can be done, (and I see pics of some gorgeous, unique Sims on this site), it's somehow still difficult for me to make good-looking Sims that don't look all alike. It was only a short time ago that I realized that one really has to use Bodyshop not CAS to add much more variety to Sim features.

I've only tweaked two Sims with the Cosmetic surgeon, Komei Tellerman (to get rid of the bump off his nose and reduce the jut of his jaw) and Lilith Pleasant as an Elder. Komei doesn't look so bad with a little bit of minor tweaking and a change in hairstyle.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 February 08, 17:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that you can have a variety of appearances even if you rework the uggos.  I'm not a snob by any means, but some combinations of genes just create a hideous, nonhuman offspring.  Whenever I makeover a sim they're almost never beautiful in the end, just more normal looking.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 February 08, 17:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a sim is so ugly that you recoil from your computer screen every time you have to interact with them, then the game loses its fun.   

Some of those YAs at Uni are so ugly I keep hoping someone comes up with a Paper Bag object to put over their heads (although I see over at MTS2 they now have surgical masks, there's a step in the right direction).

nectere is currently working on a paper-bag for me right now!  When she's done, I don't know if she plans to post it or not, but I'm sure with her permission I could be persuaded to share.  Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 February 08, 17:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's tempting in CAS to always, after picking an initial head, to change the face, and the first face in the menu is about the most normal looking Caucasian head, so it tends to be the one we try first.  If we use other heads, we get more variety, especially if we're a bit ruthless with the other options!

Zephyr Zodiac
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 February 08, 17:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Come on, you gotta play the game.  What joy is there in forcing everything to be exactly like you want it?

If a sim is so ugly that you recoil from your computer screen every time you have to interact with them, then the game loses its fun.  I had an ugly (so, so disturbingly ugly) child that I kept in tiger face paint until she went to Uni and could be fixed with surgery.  It frustrated me because she was born looking nothing like either of her parents nor her siblings, who weren't gorgeous by any means.  Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.  In the case of BlueSoups' sim, I would lower her nose a bit and maybe make it a little larger.   

I had a toddler born to my sims like that.  Such a cute couple too, but man the child was a trogglodyte.  I aged him to adult, so I could see if he would grow into his face.  He did.  But I couldn't stand the thought of seing him grow up.  So I left him as an adult and moved him out.  Afterward my sim had a passionate affair with another sim which resulted in the cutest toddler and child I have ever seen.  Obviously it's not HER genes Smiley

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 February 08, 17:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, where did he come from?  CAS or Maxis?

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 February 08, 18:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This girl I've posted is from two CAS parents.  I've decided not to do any plastic surgery on her, although I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the offspring yet.  I already know who will be her mate though, and I plan to introduce the two of them in Uni.  Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 February 08, 18:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do sometimes get some very funny-looking kids in CAS, but at least if you KNOW they're funny looking, you can try again!  (and again and again and again....)

I just had some fun with CAS - wanted an elder couple with an adult daughter who was actually theirs and not just me creating a reasonable resemblance.  I had to create them, then age them down to adult, remarry them, make the child (they were able to have an adult child - wierd, that, they'd all have been exactly the same age!) and then I had to age them back up to elder and marry them all over again!  But at least they got back the clothes I'd selected!  The funniest thing, though, is how difficult it's proved to try and get her friends with both parents, whereas when I simply make the kid myself, they usually end up best friends within a few sim days!

Zephyr Zodiac
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 February 08, 19:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both the parents were CAS sims, the kid was born in game.  The father was one of Hony's characters based on the bodybuilder mesh.  I should have know better than to use them.  Now that I think back, I realize that the neck and chin area was probablly adjusted to make it in propertion with the bigger shoulders of the bodybuilder mesh.  And adjusting that area always makes for ugly kids.  Hony's character will have to remain childless, as I am not risking marrying them to my sims again.  I think I'll make them gay or something.  They are too good looking to be straight anyway Cheesy
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 February 08, 19:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I think this Sim truly demonstrates what my mother always said.  You look prettier when you smile than when you frown.  I think all of the pictures of her are much better when she's smiling.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 February 08, 19:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both the parents were CAS sims, the kid was born in game.  The father was one of Hony's characters based on the bodybuilder mesh.  I should have know better than to use them.  Now that I think back, I realize that the neck and chin area was probablly adjusted to make it in propertion with the bigger shoulders of the bodybuilder mesh.  And adjusting that area always makes for ugly kids.  Hony's character will have to remain childless, as I am not risking marrying them to my sims again.  I think I'll make them gay or something.  They are too good looking to be straight anyway Cheesy

Well, if you make him gay, he could adopt kids instead!  Funnily enough, some of the adoptable kids seem to have improved recently!  Dunno why - but the Oldies adopted a little girl, and she was really pretty!

Zephyr Zodiac
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 February 08, 19:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good lord, man, who pissed in your wheaties this morning?

Even roughly, it's one and a half the width of my index finger tip, which is too large of a margin of error to be of much use.

Well, you know what they say: Big fingers...

Instant gratification takes too long.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 February 08, 20:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you know what they say: Big fingers...

... Make it hard to type? If you're trying to make a point, kindly come out and say it.

Sheesh. It was a cute tip but it why are you getting your knickers in a knot over it not working for everyone, and being more or less useless for sims? If you want to get into a dick-waving contest, okay, but all I have is an e-penis. Just so you know.

Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 February 08, 20:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say that it's just the gap between her nose and mouth that makes her look a lil odd.  I would use plastic surgery on her myself if she was my sim, but only make subtle changes by lifting her chin, mouth and nose slightly.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 February 08, 21:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, she looks rabbitty. I think I've been spending too much time on the wrong sorts of websites lately, but it made me think of those furries. Which made me wonder...has anyone made furry sims yet?

I just found some for Sims 1...perverts!

http://www.geocities.com/sim_raccoons/

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 February 08, 21:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm no one to judge anyone's sexuality or hobbies, but thanks to an episode of C.S.I. and several conversations on an old messageboard, furries crack me the hell up.  I once saw a guy at the mall wearing a hand made shirt that said "Yes, I am a Furry" and it was all I could do to not die on the spot.

Oh, and there are furry skins for Sims 2.  Just browse MTS2 awhile.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 February 08, 21:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... Make it hard to type? If you're trying to make a point, kindly come out and say it.

Sheesh. It was a cute tip but it why are you getting your knickers in a knot over it not working for everyone, and being more or less useless for sims? If you want to get into a dick-waving contest, okay, but all I have is an e-penis. Just so you know.

Don't get your furry undies in a bunch, nobody is making fun of you.
Note to self: Make sure to put a smiley next to my sarcastic remarks.

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 February 08, 21:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because smilies totally make rude remarks polite! Haha, okaaaaay mister.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 February 08, 21:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because smilies totally make rude remarks polite! Haha, okaaaaay mister.

They really do, butthead. Smiley

See?

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 February 08, 21:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one whose nose was really high and flat - her dad's was flat from CAS and I hadn't noticed. From the side it's like a skull nose - indented inward. I gave her plastic surgery and made her a lesbian so she wouldn't breed, but regretted it later when I realized most of my Sims were born attractive, and that's boring. Grin So she and her lover had a 'magic' baby who, much to my delight, did indeed inherit The Orc Nose. Still a toddler, but I imagine it won't get any better, and now I can have orcy pictures again! (My old ones were accidentally deleted, sigh.)

Her brother got his mom's nose but it was close to his lips, and now that he's an adult it doesn't look too bad. I'll have to see if he'll spread the ugly, too.

My inbreeding experiment is turning out to be one of the most gorgeous Sims I have, so I'll have to continue this and see what happens Tongue I imagine it won't end up like it would in RL, though, somehow. *snort* I'm curious to see if they get closer in looks to the one shared ancestor...
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 February 08, 22:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think your sim doesn't need the surgery.
In the original pic she was a cute monkey looking girl. The second pic was scary. The third just kind of plain. She looks much better as an adult. Still a little off but not very bad. She isn't so much ugly as just not pretty.
On the other hand it took me some agonizing before I let Meadow have babies with that blue haired Uni guy because of his nose so I can't be certain I wouldn't change her if she was in my game. His kids haven't grown up yet so I guess I'll find out just how accepting I am later.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 February 08, 23:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What joy is there in forcing everything to be exactly like you want it?

DUH...That's the idea of everyone having their own computer.  They can force ( and it's their god given right) everything to be exactly like they want it.  Who plays your game?? 

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 February 08, 23:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fell compelled to share with you my infortunate offspring

flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 February 08, 23:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fell compelled to share with you my infortunate offspring

Is it blind?

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: