More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 22:52:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does This Sim Scare The Bejesus Outta You?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Should Mercedes get plastic surgery?  (Voting closed: 2006 February 15, 05:58:06)
Yes - 30 (38%)
No - 49 (62%)
Total Voters: 75

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does This Sim Scare The Bejesus Outta You?  (Read 72949 times)
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Does This Sim Scare The Bejesus Outta You?
« Reply #50 on: 2006 February 08, 12:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rarely have problems with houses, even the Maxis ones.  This is the first one I have ever downloaded, (I don't usually do it coz I'm impatient and they take to long, too many mgs), but this one had.....wait for it, *DRUMROLL*.... a lake they could swim in, dock, ladder, the works.  I had to do it.

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 February 08, 12:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it also had terrain paints?  Or left-over sims?  If it was as big as you say, then it must have had something more than just Maxis stuff and a few extras!  (Even the biggest lotsegment on its own is rarely over 2MB.)

Zephyr Zodiac
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 February 08, 13:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry ZZ, I forgot to write that this one was only around 700KB,  its not that big a house.  Average block size.  Any way the novelty of the swim in lake wore off pretty quick, I'm more intent at the moment on destroying John Burb and his stoooopid need to breed.  How about a vascectomy hack??

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 February 08, 13:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down; you go for that sort of thing?..LOL

I do go for that sort of thing, its called diversity. You know, where not every single sim looks so much alike that you end up with a neighborhood full of clones or "stepford wives". Sure you will have some not so pleasant looking sims, I can live with that. I will take that over a defective personality with a snotty attitude who thinks they are uber cool when really they just annoying as hell anyday....
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 February 08, 13:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the always abduct telescope from snootysims, and let him wander out for a nose after dark!  He'll never learn his lesson, and at least jennifer can carry on earning her way to permaplat!

Zephyr Zodiac
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 February 08, 13:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down; you go for that sort of thing?..LOL

I do go for that sort of thing, its called diversity. You know, where not every single sim looks so much alike that you end up with a neighborhood full of clones or "stepford wives". Sure you will have some not so pleasant looking sims, I can live with that. I will take that over a defective personality with a snotty attitude who thinks they are uber cool when really they just annoying as hell anyday....
I loved the Stepford Wives.  Maxis pretty well took care of the ugly Sim ratio when they made the game... so I'm confused, are you  talking 'bout the Sims or real life?   

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 February 08, 13:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Diversity is all very well, but noses that could be used for concorde and mouths that would swallow a jumbo-jet are a bit too diverse for my taste!

Zephyr Zodiac
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 February 08, 13:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The top lip scared me,  reminds me of my neighbors.  They all look like rock apes; Mama Papa and the little kiddie rock apes.  God I wish they could read this!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 February 08, 13:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shhh!  For all you know, maybe they can!  And then watch out for kicked over trashcans!

Zephyr Zodiac
jack_d_spratt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 February 08, 14:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Come on, you gotta play the game.  What joy is there in forcing everything to be exactly like you want it?

I'd play her.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 February 08, 14:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just marry her to someone with a large nose!  Maybe the kids will be ok?

Zephyr Zodiac
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 February 08, 14:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There should be roughly one fingertip between the bottom of the nose and the top of the upper lip.

Instant gratification takes too long.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 February 08, 14:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I gotta say she looks a lot better as an adult and with that last hairstyle that I think I'll keep her like that and not do plastic surgery.  But in that first pic, whoo.  Seriously whacked with an ugly stick.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 February 08, 14:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There should be roughly one fingertip between the bottom of the nose and the top of the upper lip.

Seems I'm fairly normal then!

What I'd like to know, if her upper lip is that enormous, how big are her teeth!

Zephyr Zodiac
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 February 08, 14:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Come on, you gotta play the game.  What joy is there in forcing everything to be exactly like you want it?

If a sim is so ugly that you recoil from your computer screen every time you have to interact with them, then the game loses its fun.  I had an ugly (so, so disturbingly ugly) child that I kept in tiger face paint until she went to Uni and could be fixed with surgery.  It frustrated me because she was born looking nothing like either of her parents nor her siblings, who weren't gorgeous by any means.  Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.  In the case of BlueSoups' sim, I would lower her nose a bit and maybe make it a little larger.   
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 February 08, 14:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ooo really ... tries - which finger?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 February 08, 14:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A  more accurate way of determining if facial features are horribly skewed or not is this - the midline of the eyes is about halfway down the head, the botton of the nose halfway between the chin and the eyes, and the midline of the lips 1/4 of the way down between the bottom of the nose and the chin. This allows for faces that have wider areas between the nose and the upper lip without doing strange things to the proportions. Please note that default Maxis proportions give the sims HUGE foreheads and thus, the midline of their eyes is further down than halfway, the the rest of it more or less holds true.

I say this because the distance between the bottom of my nose and my upper lip is quite a bit more than any of my fingers except for my thumb, which is still a little too small... because I have very slender fingers. However, I don't look like a monkey, either. Wink Besides, it's hard to tell how big that distance should be on any given sim using the finger method since their fingers are all the same... but the proportions I outlined above (which are the basis for drawing realistic faces) can be used regardless. Of course there is slight variation even there, but it's a better baseline.

bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 February 08, 15:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i won't change a thing, even for really ugly sims. trust me, i've seen worse. alien sims are horrible! i vote for the sim diversity Cheesy marry her to someone ugly. beautiful people goes with beautiful people in my game Cheesy

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 February 08, 15:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say this because the distance between the bottom of my nose and my upper lip is quite a bit more than any of my fingers except for my thumb, which is still a little too small... because I have very slender fingers.

As I said, roughly. Use your index finger, you know, the stinky one.

Instant gratification takes too long.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 February 08, 15:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'd tweak her a bit, out of kindness!  That's why I altered Romeo - seemed wrong to me to have a Romance sim who'd frighten off all the females in the neighbourhood, plus giving the kids nightmares!

I've also tweaked Dustin and Dirk occasionally, but never Beau or Keanu.  And the Pleasant girls always look fine with a new hairdo and decent makeup!  As for Alexander - what can you do apart from give him a complete new face?

Zephyr Zodiac
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 February 08, 15:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I said, roughly. Use your index finger, you know, the stinky one.

Good lord, man, who pissed in your wheaties this morning?

Even roughly, it's one and a half the width of my index finger tip, which is too large of a margin of error to be of much use.

cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 February 08, 15:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isnt it meant to be the same distance as from the last joint to the end of your index finger? Im sure thats what my biology teacher told me. (Years ago- i may be wrong)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 February 08, 16:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that makes more sense to me.  You'll probably find that works better!

Zephyr Zodiac
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 February 08, 16:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that case... my finger joint is too long.  Grin It goes from the bottom of my nose to just under the midline of my mouth. I can't win, I guess.  Cheesy

jack_d_spratt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 February 08, 16:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a sim is so ugly that you recoil from your computer screen every time you have to interact with them, then the game loses its fun.   

Dang, what do you do with your townies?  Some of those YAs at Uni are so ugly I keep hoping someone comes up with a Paper Bag object to put over their heads (although I see over at MTS2 they now have surgical masks, there's a step in the right direction).  And one of my Sim families has a maid that if she got down on her hands and knees you couldn't tell if she was coming or going.  I got a couple of fairly ugly Sims too, but I just consider that to be a mark of character.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: