More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 06:01:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  For those BBS-phobics....there's a new patch out.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For those BBS-phobics....there's a new patch out.  (Read 113289 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: For those BBS-phobics....there's a new patch out.
« Reply #125 on: 2006 February 09, 04:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I grew up in Montana, and I can tell you that ol' Teddy K. (Kazinski...Kasynsky...whatever) isn't the only one with tunnels in his basement.
Damn straight. I remember I was having a conversation about those damn nonbelievers who can't see why anyone would live an underground bunker and thus found the concept completely unbelievable, but then one person said to me, "oh, I'm from Montana, we call you normal.". What a coincidence...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2006 February 09, 04:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I for one have been too spoiled by all the awesome hacks and fixes for problems in the game to be able to give them up, no matter how awesome OFB may be.  I was more interested in NL anyway, and I didn't install it on my main game until I was sure that most of the hacks I needed would work with it or were going to be updated.  If JM doesn't get OFB, I don't think I could play it unless someone else steps up to the plate and updates his mods to work with it.  I am just now getting to the point where I have NL working like I want it.  I would like to actually play for a while before I start through the whole mess again.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2006 February 09, 05:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow we think alike.. Anyway the whole concept of OFB do not attract me one bit.

Before I would even consider buying it I will wait for other to test it for me and give reports on how "you cannot live without that one" and that mostly "it is bug free" which will not happen considering the past expansions of Maxis... ALL were buggy.  Now let's wait for hacks before we buy it shall we.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2006 February 09, 05:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the Maxis games without Awesome fixes become unplayable pretty quickly.   But the thought of playing without the Kitten Killer scares me even more.   Roll Eyes

happy now :-)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2006 February 09, 05:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are no kittens in the Sims 2.  So the newsbox is erroneous.  Tongue
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2006 February 09, 05:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow, I think the sooner Jase sorts out his website the better, otherwise JM might just explode.  Grin

happy now :-)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2006 February 09, 06:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would not be a pretty sight, no sir!
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2006 February 09, 09:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else having problems installing the patch? I keep getting "Error during update installation. You may need to uninstall & reinstall The Sims 2 Nightlife".

I've uninstalled & reinstalled nightlife but I'm still getting the message when I try to install the patch.  I'm tempted just to leave it and hope it gets included in Open For Business.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2006 February 09, 09:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else having problems installing the patch? I keep getting "Error during update installation. You may need to uninstall & reinstall The Sims 2 Nightlife".

I've uninstalled & reinstalled nightlife but I'm still getting the message when I try to install the patch.  I'm tempted just to leave it and hope it gets included in Open For Business.
I have NEVER installed one of these patches.  But I think I will wait for OFB as well and see what the hoards of happy simmers here are doing, and see whether it's worth it or not.

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: 2006 February 09, 09:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I had no problems.

I'm not surprised they have released a patch, I don't think there will be one included with OFB. I think they will just update individual patches for the expansions. It might be a bit too complicated to include a patch which can tell what expansions have been previously installed.

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2006 February 09, 09:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vilia..that's strange.  Especially if you have uninstalled and reinstalled Sad  Did you just reinstall NL, not the base game?  Could it be something with the objects.package being corrupted?  I'm not sure how the object.package being related to both the EPs and the base game..rather there are different ones or not....

I installed it and everything is working well...minus my one issue with Inteen  that I wanted to inform people of that JM did not like Wink  That was actually to inform people of what I experienced rather than  to request support for it.  So if you're playing with the kitten killer and the patch and run into that problem, in my game at least it is just cosmetic.  I am taking it that Jase is still updating the mod from the looks of his site.  It will be a sad day if I ever have to play w/o my precious kitten killer.

I have to admit though that I am a bit surprised that JM seems offended by kitten killing, heck I figured he kicked them for fun!

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: 2006 February 09, 10:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Pescado has a soft spot for little bitty kitty-wittys.......right JM? Tongue

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2006 February 09, 10:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Emma - You're probably right about the patches but I rather hope you're not.  I'm getting a little frustrated at the moment as installing patches is supposed to be such an easy thing to do.

I did sweep by the BBS but no one else seems to be having problems so maybe it is just me.  Right after I posted, the forums went down but I'll check by again later.

@ skandelouslala - I just reinstalled nightlife and the game runs ok without the patch so I don't think the objects.package can be corrupt.

btw don't feel too down about posting about your issue with the patch - we got to see how much JM loves kittens Smiley.  I'm starting to think that he doesn't live in a bunker all by himself but has a cat or two with him Grin
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2006 February 09, 10:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes, JM loves cats.  He's said before that he has a dog and a cat.  I forget what the dog's name is, but the cat is named Cat.  There is another thread around here where we discussed what he would name another cat if someone gave him one.  The thread where he mentions his dog was a while back, I think during a discussion about Macrotastics not telling sims to make beds when you send a sim to clean, and he said beds are not dirty when they are unmade.  He was talking about the dog getting in the bed, and I asked him what kind it was.  It's been a while, but I'm sure it's still around.  I'm too lazy to look right now though. Wink
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2006 February 09, 10:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes, JM loves cats.  He's said before that he has a dog and a cat.  I forget what the dog's name is, but the cat is named Cat.

Maybe Cat2, The Spare or Cat Cat? Tongue  One of my friends had a kitten that was a little naughty so she named him Layby.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2006 February 09, 10:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, here is where the discussion began:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2875.msg84029#msg84029
That post was in reference to what Gwill said two posts above about sending JM flowers in appreciation of his hard work and stuff.  The conversation continues from there.  Just read in between the political posts. Wink
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2006 February 09, 10:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes, JM loves cats.  He's said before that he has a dog and a cat.  I forget what the dog's name is, but the cat is named Cat.

Maybe Cat2, The Spare or Cat Cat? Tongue  One of my friends had a kitten that was a little naughty so she named him Layby.

When my sister took on our mother's cat when mum died, she renamed her as she didn't like her name, and since she already had a cat, she called her Cattoo.

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2006 February 09, 13:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Rainbow - Ta for the link, I've never ventured forth into RetardoLand before.  If I don't return within a few days, send out a search party ok?

@ ZephrZodiac - noice cat name.  I called one of my cats Indy, because she purrs like an indy car lol.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2006 February 09, 13:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always think that, if you let them, cats basically choose their own names!  Keep on trying different ones, and the cat will suddenly respond to one - and that's it!  (they can also tell you which tin/packet of catfood they want today!)

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2006 February 09, 13:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Rainbow - Ta for the link, I've never ventured forth into RetardoLand before.  If I don't return within a few days, send out a search party ok?
LOL, ok.  I never used to, but it can be fun sometimes, if you watch your step! Smiley  (Don't feed the trolls!!!)  Surprisingly, there have being some rather intelligent conversations there lately amongst the rubbish.  Derailing topics is common and  also quite fun. Wink
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: 2006 February 09, 13:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played for a couple of hours last night with the patch and with all hacks in place (including one or two JM has said are obsolete) and nothing blew up and everything worked fine Smiley

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2006 February 09, 13:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know it works, but I see you are playing it safe and hedging your bets!

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2006 February 09, 13:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update: 6th time lucky.  I tried downloading the patch one last time before I head off to bed and it downloaded properly and installed properly  Roll Eyes
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: 2006 February 09, 13:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL

Also I forgot to pull them out before starting the game, but believe me I'll be keeping them handing when I do just in case I need them again!

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2006 February 09, 14:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't say I blame you!  They're probably better written than the patch anyway!  (Mainly, I think, because the modders actually listen when people tell them about any snags they've come up against, and immediately do something bout it.  While Maxis take months and months.......)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: