More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 08:47:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Autonomous Flirts More Frequent in NL?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Autonomous Flirts More Frequent in NL?  (Read 21216 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Autonomous Flirts More Frequent in NL?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 08, 03:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in my world, Cassandra, Alexander, and others are who I want them to be.  There are no violations of their character because I alone determine what their character will be.  And my word is final because I am their sim goddess. Cheesy

BTW, JM, how can you be posting when you are supposed to be reviewing the NL patch code??
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 08, 03:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its funny you say that Zephy, cause I have stopped changing noses etc. I have too many good looking sims running around and I've decided that some natural variety would be nice for a change. I don't go for the sims that look like they have been hit by a bus I might add, but I'm accepting that one feature can be nice. For example downtownie Breanna Wood. Sort of pretty girl, smile is a little too big, eyes a little far apart but what a cute nose!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 08, 03:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, agreed, I normally only change something totally ridiculous, and how could poor Romeo fulfil his heritage and justify his name with a hooter like a toucan's bill?

But I agree about Breanna, she's quite cute as she is!

And believe it or not, old Patrizio Monty is quite reasonable with hair and the full beard!  Consort got a few nasty surprises with the surgery table, though!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 08, 03:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no, not the hooter thing again... Wink
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 08, 03:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one of my sims dating George McCarthy and decided one day to change his hair and geez! Didn't I get a surprise when I saw that bumpy nose! He is dating a sim, Emily, courtesy of Brandi and my CAS Daniel casual affair, and she has a almost too small pointy nose. I think they will make a good pair.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 08, 03:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no, not the hooter thing again... Wink

I'm sure Ancient will know the term!

Zephyr Zodiac
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 08, 03:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in my world, Cassandra, Alexander, and others are who I want them to be.  There are no violations of their character because I alone determine what their character will be.  And my word is final because I am their sim goddess. Cheesy

My thoughts exactly Rainbow. Every sim God and Goddess gets to make the call for their little worlds. Cassandra's pigtails may have been quite appropriate for childhood, in fact her daughter Lily sports them now as a child. But I just don't think Cassandra would have willingly dressed like that as an adult if she'd been given the choice. If she was more than just a bunch of pixels of course. Wink I actually don't give that hairstyle to any of my adult sims because I think it looks so silly.

I reserve the plastic surgery machine for the most unpleasant of cases. Like Brandon Lilliard. If a real person had a nose like that I'd be concerned they'd have trouble breathing. And some of those super oversized lips have just got to go. I like realistic looking sims, not crazy cartoon like faces.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 08, 03:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, same goes for me!  And Ricky Cormier is fantastic with a slightly smaller nose and a very slight alteration to his mouth and chin.

Zephyr Zodiac
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 08, 03:57:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed, Cassie *can* look good.

I think she still looks hideous. Maybe it's the eyebrows.

I've always hated her and Alexander both though. I burned Alexander up when he was still a child.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 08, 04:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always feel rather sorry for Alexander!  I always give him the Popularity aspiration, and he's like one of those kids who's desperate to make friends with everyone they meet!

Zephyr Zodiac
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 08, 04:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cassandra's family is now one of my favorite to play in Pleasantview.  She married the exterminator Robi Charvat and they made some beautiful (at least IMO) children.  Her daughter married one of Nina & Don's son, another one of my favorite families, so now I have two favorite families combined in one Cheesy
Her features were a wee bit ...umm manly perhaps, but in my game I thought she was pretty decent with a makeover

I've grown rather fond of Alex since finally playing him.  Before when I started Pleasantview he either wound up with the SS or burned to death    Cool  He makes quite a nice knowledge sim and popped out 2 alien babies for me.  Lawd..I hate his nose though.  He had an affair on his wife with Maemi Dreamer and I now have the black Alex Goth running around, tis quite creepy how much of a clone he is.

Oh and the whole flirting thing...autonomous flirts are still pretty rare in my game, which sourta bums me out.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 08, 04:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Alexander too. He reminds me of Egon from Ghostbusters. I usually pair him off with Lucy Burb and they make some beautiful babies. Grin
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 08, 04:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lucy is very pretty and makes beautiful babies with Brandi's clone baby.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 08, 05:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To answer the various questions:

1.  Jackson Ruben was originally Joshua in my game.  I tend to forget when I change their names.  I changed his because I already had a Joshua, one of Robert Broke's twin sons (Robert being Brandi's third).

2.  Tiffany Sampson I probably changed to Family for whatever reason.  As I recall, she seemed as thick as a brick so I probably felt she was wasted on Knowledge, plus there are far too many Knowledge Sims on campus anyway, I always change quite a lot of the dormies for that reason.

3.  Yes, of course I know what a hooter is!  Bet I can count on one hand the number of people who know what a sarnie is.  I did a quiz on my website once (the Brit Quiz) especially for Americans.  They had 3 choices for sarnie and guess what the majority opinion was?  A nickname for a sanitary towel.  I ask you.

OK, as some of you may know, in my new Pleasantview I've given all the Maxis sims their true genetic children.  Here is the REAL Alexander.  As you can see, although he does resemble his father quite a bit, he's still rather a hottie (then again, I always thought Mortimer was rather dishy anyway).  This pic was taken when he was at Uni, he's recently graduated but still wears the same clothes because they suit him.  I don't have one of Cassandra, but I will get one and post it.

I have a bit of a problem with Alexander as it happens.  As I've mentioned before somewhere, as soon as he got to Uni I noticed he had 3 lightning bolts for Dina.  Mortimer had died just before Alexander left, so she was free to remarry.  For some reason, although the lightning bolts are there (and clearly the attraction), all they can give each other is family kisses and friendly hugs.  I don't know if it's as JM says, because Alexander was present at the wedding, or as some others say, because he lives on the same lot (I never tried anything when he was at Uni, only since he got back).  If I give them a mutual crush manually, all the romantic interactions become available, but the family stuff stays as well.  They are not shown as Family, so I have no idea what the blockage is.  Dina does have twins to Mortimer, but that shouldn't stop anything, and they seem to treat Alexander as if he was their father anyway (he helped bring them up and taught them both at least one skill).  Dina does have 3 bolts for one of the hippies on my commune and Alexander has 3 for Missdoh, but I still rather like the idea of him marrying Dina - I somehow think she would have gone that way, as she started with Bella's brother, then her husband ... somehow, her son seems the most obvious third choice.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 08, 05:16:19 by Ancient Sim » Logged

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 08, 05:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient, you gotta run with the Dina idea. I somehow think the twisted story suits this family.

Being Australian, and maybe its our heritage but I feel alot closer to Brit humour, TV, music etc then I do American stuff. When I went to America a few years ago it felt alien whilst in the UK it didn't. Alot of Australians I know share this view too.

Anyways, I have no idea about the family only commands but hey, this is when the Insim rocks.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 February 08, 07:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Trubble had Dina and Alexander get together in her Pleasantview Saga (I think that's what it was called???) but only briefly.  Her Alexander was very twisted.  Cheesy  I made Alexander Fortune because it seemed to suit him as a rich kid.  I am not sure yet what I will make him in my new Pleasantview.  I could go with Knowledge like his father, but I do have a lot of Knowledge Sims already.  It seems to be my favorite aspiration followed closely by Family.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 February 08, 09:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alexander is originally flagged as fortune by Maxis (as a child!) so at least you don't have any conflict problem!  But why should a rich kid with half a mill to inherit need to make his fortune?

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 February 08, 09:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He would need the money to buy all the things he wants and is accustomed to having!  Besides, if you use No20Khandouts, he graduates from college with only a small amount of money.  Then you either have to move him back home, move him in with a roomie, or start him out on a bare lot where he has to work his way up from the bottom.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 February 08, 09:20:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Trubble had Dina and Alexander get together in her Pleasantview Saga (I think that's what it was called???) but only briefly.  Her Alexander was very twisted.  Cheesy  I made Alexander Fortune because it seemed to suit him as a rich kid.  I am not sure yet what I will make him in my new Pleasantview.  I could go with Knowledge like his father, but I do have a lot of Knowledge Sims already.  It seems to be my favorite aspiration followed closely by Family.
Heh, well, nearly everyone likes Knowledge sims, probably because they have the most balanced and productive set of wants, and thus leave you free to do most things with them. Family sims, conversely, I find to be the most unreasonable, and the Census Tool reveals that they are, indeed, a great minority in my neighborhood.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 February 08, 09:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They also love things like being abducted by aliens and being vampires, whereas all the other aspirations fear those things.  Even Pleasure sims dislike being vampires, and you'd think they would like it considering all the Grand Vampires are Pleasure Seekers.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 February 08, 09:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They also love things like being abducted by aliens and being vampires, whereas all the other aspirations fear those things.  Even Pleasure sims dislike being vampires, and you'd think they would like it considering all the Grand Vampires are Pleasure Seekers.
See: "balanced". While they can occasionally develop brief fixations on things, they usually don't bitch and moan about the fates you inflict upon them forever: If you turn a non-knowledge-sim into a vampire, he's gonna bitch and moan about it pretty much forever and you've effectively lost a want slot. Knowledge sims, on the flipside, tend to jam their fear slots instead. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 February 08, 09:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He would need the money to buy all the things he wants and is accustomed to having!  Besides, if you use No20Khandouts, he graduates from college with only a small amount of money.  Then you either have to move him back home, move him in with a roomie, or start him out on a bare lot where he has to work his way up from the bottom.

Well, if you move him back home after Cass has moved out to get married (I never let her and new hubbie stay in the family house, Mortimer interferes too much!) then he'd get everything!  So he really doesn't need the money and it makes sense for the eldest (in my hoods the only) son to inherit the family goodies (sexist but realistic, I'm afraid!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2006 February 08, 14:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In both my Pleasantviews I always move the eldest Goth male back to the Goth house to inherit (sexist I know, but that's the sort of family I imagine them to be), but they don't keep all the money.  When the elders die, it's divided up, so in my first Pleasantview as soon as Bella died I got Alexander to send $250,000 each to Cassandra & Miranda.  Cassandra ended-up richer than Alexander as a result, as she already had a fair bit of her own.  She's not far off being as rich as him now either and once the twins Mortimer had to Dina are adults and move out, Alexander will lose more to them. 

Anyway, I think I will cheat and give Alexander & Dina a crush then sit back and watch.  I just don't know how it will go because of them still having the Family Kiss and Friendly Hug options, even when the romantic interactions are opened-up.  I will also see whether Missdoh and the hippy guy have any chemistry, so they're not left in the lurch.  Dina does seem particularly taken with this hippy guy though, I must admit.  He walked by the lot when I was playing yesterday and she spent about 3 hours outside talking to him before realising she needed the toilet and finally going inside.  And, oddly enough, he ain't rich. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 February 08, 14:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you check them out in Family ties as well as sim relations?

I had a similar problem with two teens who were in love, then their repective parents got married before they grew up and moved out, after which they could only get the family options, although they had all the make-out and woohoo wants!   No simPE knowledge back then, and I had to get the parents to break up before they could interact romantically at all!  So maybe Dina is checked as Alexander's mother?  Or something wierd like that, and we don't want the poor little sim to get an oedipus complex, now do we?

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 February 08, 16:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alexander will take over the family home once he has been through college in my game, but then, since Cassandra is married to Darren Dreamer, and Brianna (Mortimer and Dina's daughter) is still a child, I think it only makes sense. 

Dina had an affair with Don right after Mortimer died and got pregnant.  Her hunger plummented overnight, and when she got up the next morning and set the stove on fire making pancakes, she died before I could make her eat the burnt pancakes.

I created a CAS sim, Gabrielle AuPair, a knowledge sime and moved her into the Goth house so I can send Alexander to college without Brianna being taken by the SW.  Once Alexander(Family) and Lucy(Knowledge) have graduated, they'll move back into the Goth house and marry.  They have 3 bolts, and I was happy to read that they make pretty babies.

I haven't decided whether I'll continue to use Gabrielle as a live in nanny, or give her her own home.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: