More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 02:10:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Greet me, Kiss me, Kill you...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Greet me, Kiss me, Kill you...  (Read 31000 times)
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Greet me, Kiss me, Kill you...
« on: 2006 February 05, 17:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a bit of a search here before posting and found this thread http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1550.0 which somewhat covers what I'm asking... basically, even if two sims (say Darren Dreamer and Cassandra Goth) aren't in a relationship, but one has feelings for the other, then they will still suck each other's faces off when they greet and goodbye... and in front of their partners. Argh.

Did any hack appear for this annoyance as hinted in above thread?...

Also, I'll throw another question in just for the hell of it... is it possible to 'go steady' as a young adult/adult? Therefore, be in a commited relationship without having to get engaged *shudder*... perhaps through SimPE?

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Greet me, Kiss me, Kill you...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 05, 18:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I'll throw another question in just for the hell of it... is it possible to 'go steady' as a young adult/adult? Therefore, be in a commited relationship without having to get engaged *shudder*... perhaps through SimPE?

If you have Inteen - yes. In fact, as part of Inteen, you have to "go steady" or "be in a committed relationship" before you get engaged.
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 05, 18:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have Inteen - yes. In fact, as part of Inteen, you have to "go steady" or "be in a committed relationship" before you get engaged.

Thanks simmiecal. I've never tried InTeen as it seems to get such bad press, albeit unfairly perhaps. Plus I didn't realise it helped adults  Smiley 
I am concerned with causing hack conflicts though... is it compatible with the romance mod?

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
FreakyRufus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 05, 18:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks simmiecal. I've never tried InTeen as it seems to get such bad press, albeit unfairly perhaps. Plus I didn't realise it helped adults  Smiley 
I am concerned with causing hack conflicts though... is it compatible with the romance mod?

There is a conflict between InTeen and romance mod in "Attraction - EP2 - Attraction Capable?"  I have a mod I put together that combines the functionality of the two.  I'm not sure whether it's ok for me to post anywhere, because I haven't asked either JMP or Jase about it.  Also, I'm pretty new to modding, so it might cause problems for some people.  I think it works correctly, and I haven't personally seen any problems.
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 05, 19:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ebony:  The InTeen site is a bit sparse on info as it has recently re-locacted.

http://mysite.verizon.net/aestudios/sims2/

There is a very good doc in the download itself that lists the various other hacks that conflict, and those that do not.
Some that do conflict have HotFixes available - the install instructions are easy going.

Rufus:

It'd be good to see your mod as a hotfix in the Cracker Barrel of Jase's site.

ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 05, 19:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a conflict between InTeen and romance mod in "Attraction - EP2 - Attraction Capable?"  I have a mod I put together that combines the functionality of the two.  I'm not sure whether it's ok for me to post anywhere, because I haven't asked either JMP or Jase about it.  Also, I'm pretty new to modding, so it might cause problems for some people.  I think it works correctly, and I haven't personally seen any problems.

I'd be willing to help with testing if you decide to post it.
The way the romantic relationships work in the game really irritates me and I'm trying to find compatible mods to make it more bearable.

ebony:  The InTeen site is a bit sparse on info as it has recently re-locacted.

http://mysite.verizon.net/aestudios/sims2/

There is a very good doc in the download itself that lists the various other hacks that conflict, and those that do not.
Some that do conflict have HotFixes available - the install instructions are easy going.

Thanks muchly, I'll give it a try!

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 05, 19:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I really like the Inteen, it adds alot of realism that suits my playstyle *waves J.M Tongue*

It does add the "go steady" and "committed relationships" which is really great.  Make sure you read all the guidelines tho, cos most of the complaints come from people who haven't read it well enough and think they have bugs etc..

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
FreakyRufus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 05, 19:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rufus:

It'd be good to see your mod as a hotfix in the Cracker Barrel of Jase's site.

I sent a PM to Jase with a link to the mod.  We'll see what he says.

Edit: Does anyone know if the PM system on MATY actually works?  I've just sent 2 PMs, but my outbox shows as empty.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 05, 20:18:23 by FreakyRufus » Logged
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 05, 19:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I really like the Inteen, it adds alot of realism that suits my playstyle *waves J.M Tongue*

It does add the "go steady" and "committed relationships" which is really great.  Make sure you read all the guidelines tho, cos most of the complaints come from people who haven't read it well enough and think they have bugs etc..

Fair enough. Of course, I had heard it was unawesome...  Wink but a few of my hacks come under that category. So far my teens have had only 'teenwoohoo' to make their adolescence more interesting, but InTeen seems like it could add quite a bit from what I've read now.

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 05, 20:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Does anyone know if the PM system on MATY actually works?  I've just sent 2 PMs, but my outbox shows as empty.

It does work, make sure you have the "Save a copy in my Outbox" box checked on the bottom.  Somewhere in your profile there's a place to make that the default as well.

P.S.  Inteen is non-awesome.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 05, 20:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be "non-awesome", but it's good!  Wink
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 05, 20:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

InTeen is truly awesome in it's non-awesomeness *giggles*

ebonyspiral, InTeen is like a mini expansion  Cool
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 05, 20:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a conflict between InTeen and romance mod in "Attraction - EP2 - Attraction Capable?"
  I must confess that I've never noticed this.

I have a mod I put together that combines the functionality of the two.  I'm not sure whether it's ok for me to post anywhere, because I haven't asked either JMP or Jase about it.  Also, I'm pretty new to modding, so it might cause problems for some people.  I think it works correctly, and I haven't personally seen any problems.
I thought Maty members posted their own hacks in the Peasants section. 

The PMs do work and JM is usually quick at responding.

Jase is Awesome.  There is no need for JM to feel threatened.  Smiley

happy now :-)
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 05, 21:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

InTeenimater is talked about often here, I'm beginning to wonder if the InSimenator people turned off tech support on purpose to get people here to give support on this "non-awesome" product.

The reason J.M. deems it "non-awesome" is the fact that it's a heavy mod like the InSimenator that conflicts with many other mods, such as a part of JM's Clothing Mod and possibly the Romance Mod.  People tend to like it a lot though, but I really don't like it since I really don't use half of its features.  Maybe when I decide that I need those features I'll get it, but it's just personal choice at this point on whether you shouldn't get it.  That, and if it conflicts with hacks you currently have.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 05, 22:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure I talked about the Inteen long before Insim "turned off its tech support", thank you very much.
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 06, 00:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

InTeen is truly awesome in it's non-awesomeness *giggles*

ebonyspiral, InTeen is like a mini expansion  Cool

eep... you ain't kidding. I've been trying to get through all the info I've found on it. I just want a easy answer and a quick fix, darn it!  Wink
Speaking of which *kicks thread* anyone know anything about my original question?
Tonight a random downtownie crush greeted my simSelf by shoving his tongue down my throat! I'm afraid I had to pummel his head in for being so ungentlemanly (ingame I hasten to add)...

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 06, 01:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, anyone have an answer to the question about your sims who are not in love or crush mode, pashing their best mate when they greet them?? So annoying.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 06, 11:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not heard anything about the greeting kiss since the thread you already posted. It sounded (from JM's post there) very complicated.

I've recently installed inteen and am loving it. I took out everything the docs said would conflict and there wasn't that much. The docs are very thorough. JM's clothing mod does - that takes you automatically through every clothing choice without really saying which one you're on (sometimes pjs and undies are kinda confusing) so I actually prefer Monique's computer although it doesn't have the auto-change at the end of Uni (that's the part that conflicts). <expects ripped lips or points and laughs here somewhere>. I like the higher costs for shopping at home though. TJs random pregnancy woohoo and quiet pregnancy conflicts too. I kinda miss that one, but Inteen has most of what was in it already (at higher levels).

Inteen works great for me. I think I found a teeeny bug. I couldn't get my YA to do the NL surprise engagement thing. I had to cancel the dining action and have him propose normally. Haven't tried to reproduce it yet and if that's the only thing I lose to gain it's features, I'm in much better shape. It's a really good mod.

Unsouper
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 06, 11:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime somebody installs the Inteenimator, God kills a kitten. How does it feel to know you just caused the death of an innocent kitten, you murderer?

Think of the poor kittens!

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 06, 12:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sagana: remember your Sims must 'go steady' before they can propose, with inTeen installed. Unless you use the flavour pack of course.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 06, 18:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<nod> thanks for the reminder. They were already in the committed relationship tho, and the regular engagement worked fine, just the "surprise" one that's done sitting at the table - the option came up but then just dropped out of the queue. Oh, btw, one of these is an adult and one a YA - it could be that. By the time I realized the love of his life was an adult, and if I aged her down to teen to try and send her to college she had an "F" gpa and couldn't go - so it was too much trouble. I'm just giving her elixir to keep her at the start of the adult years while she waits for him to graduate. Anyway, I haven't tested either taking out Inteen to see if it works (hey, I like it - I don't want to take it out, even temporarily ;) or trying it with another couple yet. Could easily have just been a Maxis glitch - there are enough of those. Not a big deal. They're engaged, I'm happy. I was just trying for a bit of romance.

Unsouper
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 06, 18:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I was toying with the idea of installing this mod, but now I won't.  Kittens are just too cute, I wouldn't be able to live with their blood on my hands.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 06, 19:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: sagana
if I aged her down to teen to try and send her to college she had an "F" gpa and couldn't go

I think that you can change her grade with the education section of the Insiminator. 

happy now :-)
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 06, 19:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime somebody installs the Inteenimator, God kills a kitten. How does it feel to know you just caused the death of an innocent kitten, you murderer?

I bet God just didn't RTFM and got pissed when it didn't work.

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
FreakyRufus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 06, 19:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would actually inspire some people I know to install it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: