More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 13:03:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hack request: An end to the three bolt greeting please
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hack request: An end to the three bolt greeting please  (Read 19586 times)
rma
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Hack request: An end to the three bolt greeting please
« on: 2005 November 19, 18:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If two Sim have strong chemistry (three bolts) they tend to greet each other with a kiss. Am I the only one who thinks this is just wrong? I think this only happens after they become firends, but I'm not sure. Do I have to have my Sims avoid making friends with otehr Sims they are attracted to?
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Hack request: An end to the three bolt greeting please
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 19, 20:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also notice that and completely agree with you.  And Sims do not have to be friend for it happening, though when they great or say goodbye it won't set up a crush if they kiss each other, I am still wondering how come they are so close when they great and if you try to "hold hanld" right after they will turn your offer down!  It does not makes sense.  I have Sims with 30/5 relationship and 2 devil lights bolts doing that.

We definetely need a fix for this.  I am the one that decides if my Sims will fall for each other, I am not happy at all they act like that.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 19, 21:26:11 by MissDoh » Logged
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 19, 20:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll join in on this too since I've always found it weird.  Its especially awkward when your sim's lover is in the same room and they're kissing other sims.

Call me old fashioned if you want, but I don't think I would react to kindly to a girlfriend of mine frenching everyone "hello" and "goodbye" simply because they struck her fancy.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 19, 22:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll join in on this too since I've always found it weird.  Its especially awkward when your sim's lover is in the same room and they're kissing other sims.

Call me old fashioned if you want, but I don't think I would react to kindly to a girlfriend of mine frenching everyone "hello" and "goodbye" simply because they struck her fancy.
Ill chime in here as well we need a fix  because the Sims dont care if they are married or not if they have three bolt chemistry they will Kiss the sim even when their wife or Hubby is sitting right there.its a bit awkward and definitley weird...............

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 19, 22:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, and it drives me crazy that the goodbye (or I'd guess hello) kiss will count as a first kiss Sad I had some of my teens waiting for the right time and just because they went on a date and had a good date and like each other doesn't make it the right time. Takes the fun out if I hafta spend time watching for and canceling out goodbyes.

Unsouper
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 19, 22:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, and it drives me crazy that the goodbye (or I'd guess hello) kiss will count as a first kiss Sad I had some of my teens waiting for the right time and just because they went on a date and had a good date and like each other doesn't make it the right time. Takes the fun out if I hafta spend time watching for and canceling out goodbyes.
I never even thought of that but your Right it does count as the first Kiss and it shouldnt

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 19, 22:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what I came here to post about.  I would really appreciate a hack that stopped the kissing when greeting or dismissing sims where there is chemistry but no romantic attachment. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 19, 23:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scanning the code suggests that this is supposed to be intentionally deactivated for married sims...except if both sims involved in the process are Romance sims.

The actual code for this is buried in a deeply-rooted and somewhat heavily used global function where it assumes that if there is a certain level of chemistry between two sims that they have a crush and/or are in love, even if they don't have this as a relational state. Other forms of aberrant amorous behavior may be similarly caused by this.

Shooting this piece of code down may produce an interesting ripple effect on the rest of the game, possibly mowing down large chunks of the chemistry system. Shall I go for it anyway?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 19, 23:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to set it straight without blowing up the chemisty system?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 19, 23:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to set it straight without blowing up the chemisty system?
I'm not exactly sure whether it would blow up or not, or how deep the entire greet/goodbye problem truly runs. So far it look like it could be tip of the iceberg. There are multiple ways to attack the problem, of course, but I'm not sure which one is best.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 19, 23:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I guess you could always set up the patch and mark it experimental, just to see.

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 20, 00:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i had this happen yesterday this was how ripp grunt got his first kiss. it sucked.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 20, 00:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems pretty realistic for me for a first kiss to come out of nowhere, with a not-very-special person, and not really be a big earth-shattering event, eh?

Personally, I don't mind, at least not for the first kiss thing. I kinda like having the pressure taken off to make a big production out of it.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 20, 00:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol yeah but i wanted the big production this time.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 20, 00:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol yeah but i wanted the big production this time.
Ive been making my teens wait til they meet  a neighbor and not a fugly townie to have  dates. so far its working

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 20, 01:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shall I go for it anyway?

Please!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 20, 01:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that's what it is! Bella was visiting Joe and when he said goodbye to her (they are "just friends"), he did it full on the mouth. Right in front of his wife, too, who didn't seem to notice.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 20, 01:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is really weird about this greet & goodbye kissing thing is that it does not set a crush or leave any memory to the Sim.

So let say Mary greet Alfonso which was passing by in front of her lot, they spend part of the day together, she would "check him out" and 2 lights bolts appear.  When Mary said goodbye to Alfonso they add a 40/8 (or something like that) relationship, during the short time they spend together they talk in front of the tv and ate together and except for the "check Sim out" they did not try any flirt/romantic interaction together. They did not had a crush.  Mary says goodbye to Alfonso and BAM the deep kiss thing!  It did not create a crush between them.

Ok, ok don't panic Missdoh, Mary is in love with someone else and does not need another lover, she is a family Sim after all.  So I look at her memory and there is no mention of "first kiss with Alfonso", which makes me wonder why in the world are they acting this way???  They don't even gain anything out of this.  So it looks like a romance action but it is not really since spouse or lover on the lot do not even react to it.

Very very strange lol

I sure hope these few lines can help you in any way Pescado.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 20, 01:30:05 by MissDoh » Logged
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 20, 01:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that's what it is! Bella was visiting Joe and when he said goodbye to her (they are "just friends"), he did it full on the mouth. Right in front of his wife, too, who didn't seem to notice.
he has 3 bolts for Bella in my game as well but he can keep dreaming no Bella for Joe this time around.I want him to branch out more.iin my game Ive had one spouse notice and slap the bejeebers out of his wife

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 20, 01:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He noticed the goodbye kiss? Hmmm...so he was aware, then.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 20, 01:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

he has 3 bolts for Bella in my game as well but he can keep dreaming no Bella for Joe this time around.I want him to branch out more.iin my game Ive had one spouse notice and slap the bejeebers out of his wife

Humm do they have a crush?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 20, 01:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He noticed the goodbye kiss? Hmmm...so he was aware, then.
yep Steve Did he noticed Kris Kissing Josh and now wont sleep in the same bed with her he sleeps on the couch and knocks Justin's Trash over dozens of times a day he is furious especially since Josh was his best friend .Justin see's the trash can Knocked over and gets a confused look on his face.he cant figure out why the trash is knocked over as he wasnt there when Kris smooched Josh goodbye.I think Kris and Steve may end up Divorced  as Steve isnt listening to Kris apologize. Steve has a caught Kris  cheating memory

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 20, 01:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

of course Josh does  He's a Romance Sim and Kris is in love with Josh. she is also in love with her husband

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 20, 01:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it was just a goodbye kiss?
« Last Edit: 2005 November 20, 01:39:16 by Brynne » Logged
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 20, 01:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

of course Josh does  He's a Romance Sim and Kris is in love with Josh. she is also in love with her husband

Ok so that would explain why he did notice the kiss goodbye.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: