More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:54:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Taking a census
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Taking a census  (Read 29133 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Taking a census
« Reply #50 on: 2006 February 01, 05:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No BFBVFS at all, all loaded up fine and everything - even tho I took my simslife in my mouse and added Inteenimater at the same time (and removed some stuff I had in that's incompatible). All the sims on the lot were standing, rather like adding a new EP but I'm figuring inteen is responsible for that (it changes so much and the census thing doesn't).

Yes, this always happens if you install InTeen or uninstall it, and some other hacks I can't think of now.  It's not anything to worry about, although it can disrupt your sims' sleep cycles if you tend to save after putting them to bed.  It messes up sims at work or school.  With NL, you can usually send them back to work though in their cars.  I didn't install InTeen, but I'm still finding families in different neighborhoods I haven't played since installing NL, and they are all standing in the front yard after being sent to work and school.  Also, any sims who grew up with the stuck smart milk bit will be "unstuck" now.  Now it's not so much of an issue because I can put it back with the Lot Debugger.

Anyway, the census report says I have 306 non-playables. Kinda high, but not impossible. 40 playables - same thing. 'Cept it says there's 1 male toddler playable... and... I don't have anyone with toddlers. Do any of the Maxis made folk start with toddlers? I know Brandi Broke starts out pregnant, but the older boy is a child, yes?

Beau Broke is a toddler, and Dustin is a teen, not a child.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 February 01, 05:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is "Power" aspiration?
The Power Aspiration is Aspiration #4. It is unused and incomplete. It may or may not become something else in the future. No sims should be listed as having this aspiration unless you've been doing things you really shouldn't.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2006 February 01, 18:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Cool' is not the word Smiley  It makes me shudder how much time in the past I've been writting sim info by hand.

All those columns are there, you'll need the info below for the turn-on flags (thanks Jaxad).
Reporting on *all* the sims doesn't take long.  You can then sort by household in your spreedsheet program to gather townies etc, together.

List 2:
32 - Gray Hair, 16 - Custom Hair, 8 - Black Hair, 4 - Brown Hair, 2 - Red Hair, 1 - Blonde Hair
List 1:
8192 - Tatoos, 4096 - Hats, 2048 - Full Face Makeup, 1024 - Makeup, 512 - Glasses, 256 - Facial hair, 128 - Vamprism
64 - Underwear, 32 - Swim Wear, 16 - Formal Wear, 8 - Fitness, 4 - Fatness, 2 - Stink, 1 - Cologne

Hrm... interesting. Are you absolutely positive about these values for the Turn Ons/Offs? I tried looking at these (not in game/internally as I started to, and it made my head spin Tongue) but when I tried to look at the values under person data in various error logs, they seemed inconsistent. In my test sample, I was looking at the various settings for Turn Ons and Offs for the Pleasant family, and Cologne had been set for 3 of them, twice as a Turn On and once as a Turn Off, and the numbers did not all match.  Huh

I just took a look a few of the error logs I had some other values like: 4608, 1025 and 0. Granted they are close to 1024 and 1, but I was skeptical as to whether it was safe to assume they are the same. And what about tht 4608 value? Also... for Attraction Traits, I've had all sorts of values like 3200, 3202, 1032, etc. It looks like the person data has two fields for this (Attraction Trait 1 and Attraction Trait 2). Are these values simply several traits added together? Thus far, there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to these values, at least superficially. I would have to dig more through the code to figure it out, but I was wondering if anyone else had already been able to decipher these. The only way I've seen these changed is by brining up the dialog box for Turn Ons/Offs, but no direct way to set a specific trait to a specific value. Nor why certain values don't fit the schema that you mention above. Do some sims, in particular, Maxis pre-made sims just have garbage junk value? Or is there an acceptable range for values that correspond to a particular Turn On/Off?  Huh

Any info that sheds light on the situation would be helpful. Smiley

As for the whole census thing, that would definately be a great tool to have in-game. It would be great to have more in-game tools that sort of do things like set relationship status (friendship, crush, love, etc.), sexual orientation (yeah I know LizzLove has a tool for that, I'd definately like to see more tools though), etc. I know that many of things can be done with the debug options, but even those options seem... well buggy. Tongue I also wish there was also a way to remove or prune people from the relationship panel, especially the ones that you have 0 relationship points with. Too bad they don't just drop off automatically so that you wouldn't have to waste the space or have them clutter up your relationship panel.

Ste

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 February 01, 18:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for this!
Placed the census in the hood and it was all shiny and worked wonderfully. I think after taking a census in a brand spanking new Pleasantville, I've definitely convinced myself that I will not start any hood without first deleting all characters. Sheesh! So many that you never even see. Can't wait to see how many more OFB adds.

Thanks again! This is great!  Wink  Grin  Wink  Grin
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 February 01, 18:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried this out last night, its all shiny and stuff.

A listing by zodiac sign would be nice.
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 February 01, 19:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any info that sheds light on the situation would be helpful. Smiley

They are flags, so yes they are additive.  Look at the values in binary and count the '1's.
If there are more than 2 '1's in a turn-on field then we need to rethink.

They show up in SimPE in the check boxes, and you can see the decimal values in the alternate view to check them.
So it was Quaxi that figured them out first, and Jaxed0127 posted that list recently over at ambertation.  I havn't checked them myself, their word is good enough for me.

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 February 01, 19:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OOOHHHH, a census! What fun! I can't wait to go home and try it out!! Sigh, another night of not grading homework for me.

It would be great to have more in-game tools that sort of do things like set relationship status (friendship, crush, love, etc.), sexual orientation (yeah I know LizzLove has a tool for that, I'd definately like to see more tools though), etc. I know that many of things can be done with the debug options, but even those options seem... well buggy. Tongue I also wish there was also a way to remove or prune people from the relationship panel, especially the ones that you have 0 relationship points with. Too bad they don't just drop off automatically so that you wouldn't have to waste the space or have them clutter up your relationship panel.

I know it isn't an AWESOME thing, but InSiminator will let you adjust relationship flags in-game, and will also help you "prune" out the relationship panel.

*ElfPuddle runs away to avoid being beaten and poked for mentioning the non-awesome*

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 February 01, 21:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also wish there was also a way to remove or prune people from the relationship panel, especially the ones that you have 0 relationship points with. Too bad they don't just drop off automatically so that you wouldn't have to waste the space or have them clutter up your relationship panel.

Ste

I want that too! I have spent much time wishing I could just click to get rid of some of those useless people. I guess they have to be there so your sim will know they've met them? But why when they don't really know them at all? Even if they can't be gotten rid of it would be nice if all 0/0 relationships could become invisible or hidden from the panel view somehow. It's a pain to scroll through all those nobodys to get to the guy you are furious with. And sometimes the panel gets weird and the scrolling loops and it won't stop at the begining anymore.  Angry

Anyway, yeah, that would be cool.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 February 01, 22:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess they have to be there so your sim will know they've met them?

I think you have to have them so you can call them up and use the phone to make friends or ask them out/over or whatever. I really wish they'd put in a white pages phonebook like they did in Uni with the campus directory. Then it'd really be unnecessary to have people in the panel unless you had a score with them (just to keep track then).

Eep I read on another thread that only designated testers are supposed to get things from the test folder. I hope it's ok I did. I really did try to provide useful-ish info.

<isn't a designated anything>
    Laura

Unsouper
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 February 02, 00:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well welll, what an interesting little add-on.  I will have to try that since I like balance hood with a lot of variety.  I am using sheets so far to do this but ingame tool is way better.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 February 02, 02:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OOOHHHH, a census! What fun! I can't wait to go home and try it out!! Sigh, another night of not grading homework for me.

oooo - Snap - I'm not grading a pile an inch thick.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 February 02, 02:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, quite aware that people could have downloaded it, not liked it, and summarily deleted it, but I'm still quite surprised to see that my little chart was downloaded 52 times (especially with this new census thing).

I realize the above statement probably had little or no significance for anyone but me.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2006 February 02, 03:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried out the census tool and it was quite interesting, even in my new Pleasantview I have 4 times as many non-playables as I do playables.  One extra thing I'd find helpful is to know how many pregnant Sims I have.  Because I play on strict lot rotation now, I keep forgetting who's pregnant until I see them waddling around or being sick in other people's toilets.  I know it can't tell you who's pregnant, but it would help to know how many because at the moment I haven't a clue.

Another good one would be how many Sims are ill with the 'flu or colds or whatever, although I do wonder whether it would include pregnant Sims in this as it doesn't seem to know the difference.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 February 02, 16:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oooo - Snap - I'm not grading a pile an inch thick.

One inch? Oh, no, dear maxon..half a foot. For once, my students are actually DOING their work and turning it in!

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 February 02, 23:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(high pitched girly squeal of joy!) 

I've been doing this in a notebook!!!!  How silly am I?  Wait, don't answer that.  Wink

Okay, downloaded, off to test it. 
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 March 15, 13:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone using this with OFB?  I'm about to try, although it's not listed on the OFB compatibility list. 

happy now :-)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 March 15, 14:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it was ever moved from testing.  It was a try-at-your-own-risk thingie.  But since it is a self-contained object and contains no global code, it should be safe. 
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 March 15, 15:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Rainbow. Smiley

happy now :-)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: