More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 07:58:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?  (Read 81378 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?
« Reply #100 on: 2005 August 11, 01:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's translation for, "I have no idea what to say that would sound even remotely plausible.". I mean, I had a free reading tell me that I would likely die horribly and messily. Gee, tell me something I don't know.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2005 August 11, 01:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the first reader used a common ploy. Something averse is bound to happen, it happens to everyone sooner or later. The reader most likely also refused to take a fee. This will occupy the customer's thoughts and s/he will talk about it with others. The best advertising around. The second one most likely was able to detect her/his apprehension right off the bat and used it as well, and for the same reasons.

Another ploy these people use quite often is to not take any money at first, claiming they're doing it out of the kindness of their hearts and are using their gifts for humanitarian reasons. This will get around and bring in more customers. I have a friend who works for the, I guess its called 'bunco' squad here. Some of the things he tells are truly incredible.

V.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2005 August 11, 01:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the one who foretold my gruesome death in battle for free. I laughed at that one. I mean, hell, my family has died in battle for generations. I knew what I was getting into. Amusingly enough, he was right, to an extend: I did ultimately get killed in action. But I GOT BETTER!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2005 August 11, 04:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did ultimately get killed in action. But I GOT BETTER!

Explain?  (I want to keep my lips please).

happy now :-)
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2005 August 11, 05:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Astrological signs....According to the new chart, I am still a Capricorn, but just barely not Sagittarius as opposed to just barely not Aquarius. In real life, what sign/personality I display depends upon how well I know you. My nature is cautious and I tend not to let on to "the real me" until I decide whether I like you and want to know you *and* whether I want you to know me and  like me. There is a difference.

The general description of Capricorn fits me in some ways. I am realistic and logical. I am a hard worker and seldom give up until a problem is solved to my satisfaction. One thing I read describes Capricorn as the Energizer Goat. That seems to fit. I am rather tenacious when I decide on something. I am a perfectionist and don't suffer half-assed people very easily.  I can be very critical, but I use my superior Capricorn self-control to curb it. I can also be arrogant, but I curb that as well. I, too, am more awesome than you, I'm just usually too polite to say so.  Wink

Chinese astrological sign is The Rat.

Actually, I think it's all bunk, but it's fun to read sometimes.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2005 August 11, 05:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Astrological signs....According to the new chart, I am still a Capricorn" (reggikko)

Capricorn is good friend with  Aquarius and Scorpio (veil and JM)...Smiley.

Many of my Capricorn sims are matched to Scorpio and Aquarius. The Official guide says they are attracted to Saggitarius too, but this didn't work in the game.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2005 August 11, 06:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Astrological signs....According to the new chart, I am still a Capricorn, but just barely not Sagittarius as opposed to just barely not Aquarius. In real life, what sign/personality I display depends upon how well I know you. My nature is cautious and I tend not to let on to "the real me" until I decide whether I like you and want to know you *and* whether I want you to know me and  like me. There is a difference.

The general description of Capricorn fits me in some ways. I am realistic and logical. I am a hard worker and seldom give up until a problem is solved to my satisfaction. One thing I read describes Capricorn as the Energizer Goat. That seems to fit. I am rather tenacious when I decide on something. I am a perfectionist and don't suffer half-assed people very easily.  I can be very critical, but I use my superior Capricorn self-control to curb it. I can also be arrogant, but I curb that as well. I, too, am more awesome than you, I'm just usually too polite to say so.  Wink

Chinese astrological sign is The Rat.

Actually, I think it's all bunk, but it's fun to read sometimes.

Oddly enough that description fits me, though I'm a  Libran, I think horoscopes are bs too...
Chinese - I'm a rooster

The sky is falling, the sky is falling

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2005 August 11, 06:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually went to search for the correct spelling of Sagittarius - I know US/UK can be different, when I found this http://www.zodiacfragrances.co.uk/sagittarius.htm 

Each star sign's personality is so general it could apply to anyone.  Astrologers cover this obvious flaw by adding rising signs, the position of the moon at birth and whether or not it was raining when you walked through the door to allow for variations for each person. So I was a Sag with a rising Gemini, born under the influence of Mercury. Which would explain so much (not) because now I'm that 13th sign.
The phrase 'pissing in the dark' springs to mind for no apparent reason.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2005 August 11, 08:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least that didn't happen to me, and actually the predictions were very specific.

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2005 August 12, 13:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am Scorpio and I wouldn't touch a (typical) Leo male with a bargepole.  Far too extrovert, far too full of themselves (I'm the King of the Jungle and all that) and forever titivating their manes.  Anyway, everyone knows fire & water don't mix.  And as for Scorpios being nasty, they've fallen into the usual trap there.  We're the most loyal sign of the lot and also one of the most faithful.  We're also very generous (the only thing we have in common with Leos), at least to those we care about, and ... well, we're not sex-maniacs or alcoholics, either.  And we only sting idiots, because we don't suffer fools at all, never mind gladly.  This does mean that we never run out of people to sting.  Grin

I'm a Scorp - a double as my Ascendent is Scorpio too. And you're right about not being nasty. Generally. Unless someone really needs it. But Scorps are also, under the lashing tail, ferocious claws and thick armour plating, complete pushovers for those they love. Generally...
Leo males are some of the most self-obsessed idiots I've ever come across, and if you can't give 'em the attention they need...well, you can't so you might as well stop trying. Narcissistic don't even come close. The females have similar needy attention issues too.

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2005 August 12, 13:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'd agree with that about Leos generally, but nevertheless, I like my sim Leos!  Also, my brother-in-law is a Leo, and my sister assures me he has none of the Leo personality defects!  They've been together for thirty years, so I guess she should know!)

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2005 August 12, 13:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's how the palm-readers and fortune-tellers and the like make their money by the way. Everyone gives away tiny clues about themselves even without saying a single word. That, coupled with things that most people want to hear, and things that could fit just about everyone is the con-artists bread and butter.

G.

I actually do Tarot readings for people, and while I am a pretty good psychologist I would never use that skill as a way of cold reading a person. I'm not interested in anything about the person before I meet them and only use my ability as an interpretor to answer questions they might ask the cards. If there's nothing there for 'em, then that's what I tell them whether they like it or not.

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2005 August 12, 13:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually a great believer in the quote: "There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy!"  Which means I keep a pretty open mind about most things.

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2005 August 12, 13:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I am not at all saying that these things are all bunk, but it is nevertheless an area that is frequently abused by charlatans.  This is particulary revolting when those swindlers latch onto desperate people, the recently beraved, or the easily persuaded. There are too many things between heaven and earth that are unexplainable with simple logic (sorry JM) to close the mind. That's what my grandmother used to say, and she was not a stupid person, nor was she gullible.

The same goes for the quacks that proclaim themselves naturalistic healers, homeopathic therapists, etc. While there are quite a few very knowledgable and conscientious naturalistic health care providers, the field is also loaded with quacks out to make a quick buck of the desperate and the ill.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2005 August 12, 14:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's really up to governments to provide some kind of licensing system so that the charlatans don't get a look-in!

I find it interesting that an awful lot of people used to deride acupuncture, and now they've virtually proved it's based on sound principals, since the acupuncture paths and the DNA paths are the same!  And I know from personal experience it works, it just gets too expensive to keep it up, whereas medication in this country is free.

Zephyr Zodiac
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2005 August 12, 15:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

veilchen
The same goes for the quacks that proclaim themselves naturalistic healers, homeopathic therapists, etc. While there are quite a few very knowledgable and conscientious naturalistic health care providers, the field is also loaded with quacks out to make a quick buck of the desperate and the ill.

My father has practised homeopathic medicine for over 25 years now.  I was sceptical when I was a teen, especially as the doses are so low.  However, as I got older and my father explained some of the basic principles of using it along side other medicines and techniques, I started to accept it more. Also, my father has used homeopathy for over 3 decades and he looks no more than 10 years older than me!  He's still very fit and active.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2005 August 12, 15:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Queen of England consults a homeopathic doctor, so I believe.

Zephyr Zodiac
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2005 August 12, 15:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Queen of England consults a homeopathic doctor, so I believe.

Yeah, her mother did too and she lived till 100+.  I'm sure that the Queen will outlive Prince Charles (her son).

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2005 August 12, 15:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sandilou, your father clearly belongs into the category of knowledgable and conscientious homeopathic practitioners. If used with care and in conjunction with other therapeutic measures, homeopathy is quite equal, if not better, than conventional medicine.

I have a cousin in the field and she insists on the same measures. Low dosage, non-strenous excercise (if appropriate), proper diet meditation and relaxation; this is the way she explained her approach to me. I prefer this approach to the use of overpriced pharmaceuticals, and doctors who can't be bothered to remember their patients names, let alone doing an in-depth examination.

Well, even though I'm not British, I do hope she outlives Charles. The Brits deserve better than that for their throne. I might be biased though. I liked Diana, and I do like her sons, even the rebellious younger one (I know their names are William and Henry, but I keep forgetting which is which, sorry :D)

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2005 August 12, 15:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anything's possible!  Let's hope, though, they neither of them live too long, or abdicate as soon as William is a little more experienced!  I think it's time we had a monarch that young people could feel some sense of affinity with!  (The younger one is Harry, which is a form of Henry, but can also be short for Harold.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2005 August 12, 15:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Veilchen.  My father is an osteopath who uses homeopathy alongside acupunture, the Alexander Technique and others.  I'm a real daddy's girl; even so, I was a bit miffed when he made it perfectly clear that someone could only do his job if they had life experience too. His treatment is holistic; so there's alot of psychology as well as physiology used to work out what the patient needs.  My dad's very intuitive to the point of being a bit spooky really.   

ZZ's right, treatment is very expensive to keep up, and has only just started being supported on the NHS.  My dad's is a well respected (read expensive) private practice, shame I can't afford to use it - it could widen the age gap between us! Grin

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2005 August 12, 16:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer the approach of "health through stubborn refusal to die". I may *LOOK* pretty awful, but I feel and function great.

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2005 August 12, 16:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, if I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2005 August 12, 17:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(veilchen) "(I know their names are William and Henry, but I keep forgetting which is which, sorry Cheesy) "

Aaaghhh! How can you??? William is the most handsome  prince in the whole world...Smiley. I could "eat him with sugar and spice, and everything nice"...Smiley. He has his mother's face, copied.

And, he is modest, and shy, and has wise eyes. He will become "more awesome than all" king...Smiley.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2005 August 12, 19:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Gali, I know the blond boy with Diana's features is the heir, and the red-head is the spare, I just can't keep their names straight. He is very handsome (thank goodness, he has little of the hanoveranian features, a spitting image of his mother) and should appeal to the British youth in spades, especially the girls.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: