More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 15:33:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  can't send townie teens to uni
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: can't send townie teens to uni  (Read 6444 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
can't send townie teens to uni
« on: 2005 August 05, 11:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, the subject says it all...

I got thoroughly sick of the maxis families that I never play and deleted all the characters to get rid of them - regenerated townies becuase life in the neighbourhood was pretty lonely for 2 sims and now I've had this weird problem pop up.

From the neighbourhood screen, the only teens I can send to uni are the 4 sims that were born in the game and the two paper girls - not a single townie on the list!  and yes, I do have teen townies!

any ideas on what has caused this and whether it is fixable?

Ness
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: can't send townie teens to uni
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 05, 14:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the inteenimator or insiminator infesting^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hinstalled in your game?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 05, 21:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nope - wouldn't even know where to find it.

the only hacks I have in are either JM's or twjeff's - and there isn't really vast numbers of those either.

Ness
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 06, 00:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ness, that happened to me once. I made a neighborhood and used 'deleteAllCharacters'. Later on I attached a Uni and did the 'deleteAllCharacters' there too. Then I copied a saved neighborhoods folder over the current one to get my home-made townies and PC's from the original, no-uni-yet neighborhood back. I got a semi-desired result in that I had no Maxis dormies or townies, my home-mades were back as were my PC's, but I could'nt send any townies to Uni. I had to move them in with a PC family via the teleporter shrub, and then I could move them into a dorm from the uni neighborhood screen. I could move none of the teens to uni with the phone though. I don't have any 'iminators' whatsoever in my game, or even anywhere near my computer.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 06, 04:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that's pretty much what I did - except I attached the uni and then deleted everyone

I'm letting the game generate dormies and NPCs as required, but I made it generate townies

did you ever fix the problem?  or where you left with trashing the neighbourhood and starting over?

It's kind of nice to know that it's happened to someone else - asked the same question on another forum and got told that it was a problem with my computer because nobody could replicate the problem.

I've even had a look through the downloads folder, but I can't see any hacks that could appear to cause the problem - I'd like to keep going with my current neighbourhood, but don't want to get too far in case it's not fixable and I need to start over again.

Ness
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 06, 05:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I probably could've lived with moving them into playable houses and sending them to university from the uni neighborhood screen, but I did end up throwing the neighborhood away. I always expect something worse to crop up if something goes wrong, could it be that I don't trust ea/maxis?

I hadn't played very long, so it was not a great loss. I exported my sims with SimPe, moved them out of the houses and put the empty houses into the lot-bin. I then re-created a new neighborhood to look just like the old one, but this time I made sure I attached a Uni and then do the deleteAllCharacters cheat.

As a matter of fact, I did it twice, once in the uni neighborhood and then in the main neighborhood, just to make sure. But it worked right this time, my home-made sim townies can now be moved into university without being made playable first, and the other teens can use the phone to move into university as well.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 06, 05:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cry

I appear to be looking at yet another restart here...  I'm tempted to try ripping the downloads folder out temporarily to see if that changes anything...

update: tried that, no help at all...  looks like a restart again

Ness
« Last Edit: 2005 August 06, 05:17:08 by ness » Logged
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 06, 08:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have over 180 different hacks/mods in my game, and it is very rare that I see bugs of any kind (mostly because of the mods).

themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 06, 10:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just the opposite.  I have the option to send the whole TWO teen townies I have in my hood to Uni but not any of the NPC paper delivery or cashiers.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 06, 12:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well - I've restarted, and last time I checked, my townies could be sent to uni...  hopefully this will be the last restart for a while - I'm hoping to get further than a week this time!

Ness
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 06, 15:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it may have something to do with deleteallcharacters. I did something similiar because I didn't want townies in my game seeing as I was going to create enough families to make them irrelevant, and the paper deliverers can't go to college. No great loss, seeing as I don't exactly want for marriage material in that neighborhood, but seeing as other people have had the same thing happen, it'd be interesting to know why.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 06, 22:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it certainly would be good to know how the problem comes about...  I've still done the delete all characters thing here...  the only things I've done differently this time were that I generated new townies in the main neighourhood before I started my sims in uni...  Other people have tried to replicate the problem - and come up with nothing at all - at the moment it appears to be one of those random things that just happen

that and the fact that I originally added sim state, and then later decided that I'd really rather have academie le tour - sim state was attached during the character deletion - then I regenerated townies - then I attached academie and deleted sim state.  I've ended up with a completely empty neighbourhood, but a handful of maxis sims in uni - I think I can cope with that!

Ness
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: