More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:00:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Greater LTW Variety & Sanity
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Greater LTW Variety & Sanity  (Read 224762 times)
Apsalar
Asinine Airhead

Enraged Recruit

View Profile
Re: Greater LTW Variety & Sanity
« Reply #25 on: 2007 July 09, 13:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it normal to have a sim only roll one ltw? Even if I cycle the darn thing, only one comes up. The adult sims has fulfilled his former ltw before I installed the hack, so he's constant platinum. What is the lowest number of ltw that can be available in the roll cycle? I no longer have any non-awesome hacks in my hacks folder. I used to have squinge's college adjuster, but I figured it borked the FFS debugger, so I go rid of it.

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 July 09, 14:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it normal to have a sim only roll one ltw? Even if I cycle the darn thing, only one comes up. The adult sims has fulfilled his former ltw before I installed the hack, so he's constant platinum. What is the lowest number of ltw that can be available in the roll cycle? I no longer have any non-awesome hacks in my hacks folder. I used to have squinge's college adjuster, but I figured it borked the FFS debugger, so I go rid of it.
The lowest number of LTWs that can possibly exist on a roll cycle is 0. It is possible to have no additional LTWs at all! Besides, you already got one.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BambuLimey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 July 22, 11:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the roll for an LTW at transition to Teen happen before or after the adjustment of interests due to age transition?

It occurs to me that if the -400 adjustment to the "Animals" interest (as discussed in this thread  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,323.0.html ) happens prior to the LTW roll, no born-in-game sim could ever get any of the Pet LTWs as a first LTW, but only by adding interest point in Animals and then re-rolling LTWs. While I'm not overly fond of those LTWs, I wouldn't mind the odd sim getting them.

I've never had a B.I.G. sim get these (pet-related) LTWs since installing LTWvariety, but that could just be coincidence if the LTW is rolled before the change of interests. If not - maybe Animals being => 600 would be a better check?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 July 31, 15:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember those 6 LTWs that didn't show in base + OFB?  Well they exist in Seasons, but can't be achieved in my game base + OFB + Seasons.  I've always suspected the lack of Uni is the problem.  Any chance the aweseome LTW variety hack could NOT roll them if they can't be achieved?  It's bad enough that EAxis give me crap, but I expect more from awesome hacks.  Grin

max 7 skills
earn 100k
have 20 loves at once
woohoo with 20 sims
have 20 best friends
have 6 grandchildren

I fell over 2 in game, re-installed and tested another 2 in a vanilla game yesterday.  I confess I haven't checked the two romance ones.  I've submitted a bug report for what that's worth. 

Have maxis broken the direct link between aspiration and LTW?  I got the most amazing array of LTWs yesterday for the 40+ sims I made in CAS to test 20 best friends, 6 grandchildren etc.  They cut right across the old boundaries and I swear I took out all my hacks.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 August 05, 00:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also why is 20 best friends a ltw and 30 best friends is just a plain want, with lower asp points?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 August 05, 02:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also why is 20 best friends a ltw and 30 best friends is just a plain want, with lower asp points?
Because those existed before LTWs were invented, from the original game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 August 05, 07:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too bad that couldn't swap those around, or at least give the 30 friends more aspiration points. Oh well...
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 September 25, 14:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's changed in the 14 September 2007 version?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Sknsarp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 January 13, 09:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TotalNeighborhoodLinkedPopulation = only playables or...
TotalNeighborhoodLinkedPopulation = all character files (including npc's, townies)
?
I should probably enlarge those numbers, since they were originally made back in Uni with all the BFBVFS potential still set at around 1000.

Did you actually change that, and if so what is the new number? I am still only rolling golden anniversary and graduate 3 kids from college for my family sim, and neither of those is what I was trying for her LTW to show up as... and if I wanted her LTW to be career related I wouldn't have made her a family sim to begin with...

would it be horrible to remove this, cycle her LTW and then quit and plunk it back? It shouldn't mess with pre-existing LTWs right?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 January 13, 10:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New version upped to accomodate larger base populations.

Sknsarp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 January 14, 15:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well that answered about 1/3 of my questions...

new one though... (and yes it may sound stupid, but if I'm wrong I haven't used it in any hood that I care about not screwing up anyway) I was fairly sure it was over-riding and not just replacing things so I opened it in PE and deleted the ones that I preferred to show up as they do w/o this and it seems to work. Cycling through the wants on various sims makes it show about as often as I figure it ought to.

Aside from massive overpopulation from eventually filling large family wants is that file now going to cause problems or will it be fine?
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 January 21, 08:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it be changed so that a career LTW once achieved cannot be rolled again? I'm playing a knowledge sim who wanted to be Mad Scientist (done), then Media Magnate (done), and now wants to become Mad Scientist again

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 January 21, 10:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it be changed so that a career LTW once achieved cannot be rolled again? I'm playing a knowledge sim who wanted to be Mad Scientist (done), then Media Magnate (done), and now wants to become Mad Scientist again.
I have not decided how to really address this issue at this point in time. I have contemplated simply ending the indecisiveness entirely, but then people would complain. So right now, I'm inclined to leave it.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2008 January 21, 10:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it be changed so that a career LTW once achieved cannot be rolled again? I'm playing a knowledge sim who wanted to be Mad Scientist (done), then Media Magnate (done), and now wants to become Mad Scientist again

I would also like this. Wink

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 January 21, 13:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think once a sim has achieved a LTW, the LTW in the UI should be blank. If blank is not possible, it should be an unfulfillable LTW. Otherwise, what's the point in calling it a LTW?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 January 21, 18:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. See, I kind of think that's realistic. I've flitted back and forth between two career types. First medical billing, then association management, then medical billing again, now association (dedicated staff, not management) again.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 January 21, 18:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. See, I kind of think that's realistic. I've flitted back and forth between two career types. First medical billing, then association management, then medical billing again, now association (dedicated staff, not management) again.

Ah yes, but is it your great lifetime dream to be a top medical billing whatsit or association manager?  Would this, conceivably, make you deleriously happy for the rest of your life?  I hope not.

Tribulatio proxima est
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 April 10, 10:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if this has been updated for the new LTWs added in Free-time yet? Will it take account of secondary aspirations?

ISTP
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 April 11, 00:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh for goodness sake -- if it's in the FT directory, it's updated for FT.  Sheesh!

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 April 11, 08:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noted. I will consider putting the axe to career-indecisiveness in LTWs, because honestly, you should be more decisive about what you want out of life.

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 April 11, 08:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a family sim who has a LTW of graduating 3 kids from college. He just came home and has reached Captain Hero status and the pop up came on saying he has just fulfilled his LTW. Something is royally screwed up. If it is of any consequence, he hasn't/hadn't been assigned a secondary aspiration at the moment of fulfillment.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2008 April 11, 09:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noted. I will consider putting the axe to career-indecisiveness in LTWs, because honestly, you should be more decisive about what you want out of life.

Excellent, thanks! Grin

I think if your sim gets a blank LTW slot because they have used all available and viable LTW's, then that is the time to let them age and/or die. I have problems with letting my sims age to elder, or even die as there is always something more for them to do. This would be more logical for my neighbourhood sim-schedules and regeneration.

HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 June 24, 19:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since adding this hack, not long after installing Uni, I have never cycled a Uni career LTW, even when I specifically coordinated the relevant personality and/or interests and used the Lot Debugger. I followed the instructions in the LTW list. Do I have the wrong version? Am I missing a supplementary hack that unlocks Uni related careers in teens and young adults?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 June 28, 16:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need the uni_ltw_sns hack, available seperately.

darthxaos
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 October 10, 17:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the requirement for Investigation (Head of SCIA)?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: