More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:21:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Greater LTW Variety & Sanity
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Greater LTW Variety & Sanity  (Read 224757 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Greater LTW Variety & Sanity
« on: 2005 July 16, 13:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makes LTW, especially for careers, appropriate to the sim: A sim who has absolutely no interest in Crime is not suddenly going to want to become a Criminal. All career LTWs now have certain prerequisite interest and/or personality levels that must be met, or that career will never appear for the sim. The results should be fairly intuitive(Athletes like sports, Mayors like politics, Chefs like food, etc.). Careers are also not hard-locked to aspiration, and so Family sims should have greater variety in LTWs now: A sim's career want can cross aspirational boundaries if he has a relative who is at the top of the career track to emulate as a family tradition (I.E., all members of the Grunt family of appropriate interest may decide they'd like to join the military, regardless of aspiration). Because elders cannot normally take regular careers, once a sim is an elder, he will no longer roll career wants (other than his present career, if not maxed). A CAS elder will thus not be stuck with an impossible want. Similarly, "crazy" wants like "Marry off a million children", "Have a million grandchildren", "Graduate a million children from college", all carry sanity checks as well: An elder (female) will not be able to roll new children LTWs unless she already *HAS* the required number of children (since it would be impossible to get more!). Elder males can still have more children and are not limited in this way. However, a sanity check is also added for aging neighborhoods: If your neighborhood is already overpopulated, some of these will no longer appear because satisfying them would render your game unplayable and/or destroy your neighborhood files in a Big Fiery Ball That Is Visible From Space.

NL+: ltwvariety.zip
UNI: ltwvariety.zip

RTFM:
Greater LTW Variety & Sanity (v1b) for TS2NL p0 - TS2OFB p0
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

Special Thanks To:
Fairlight the Bitch

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Lifetime wants for careers are no longer strictly aspirationally correlated,
and will instead vary by appropriate interests and personality. Career-wants
for varying careers may appear outside of aspirational boundaries due to
family influence, and sim personalities will match desired occupation. Crazier
lifetime wants (Marry Off 6 Children, Have 6 Grandchildren) will disappear in
neighborhoods of advanced age and therefore population to slow down Armageddon.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS Hacks. For TS2NL - TS2PETSp0

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 16, 22:29:16 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Greater LTW Variety & Sanity (07/16/05)
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 26, 09:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides aspiration, what other traits normally affect LTW?

I was trying to give a Sim the 'Adventure Career Want' by cycling with the Lot Debugger because he had a high interest in Travel. But it wouldn't show up. After messing around for awhile, it looks like the Sim must be active to get this LTW. Am I right? If so, are there any other LTW's that have these types of limits on them?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Greater LTW Variety & Sanity
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 27, 16:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here's the definitive prerequisites of all the LTWs. Sims must meet the prerequisites at the time you roll for the LTW:

General LTWs: No Repeats
Golden Anniversary: Asp==Family AND !Elder AND !Zombie AND !Robot AND !Vampire
Graduate Children: !Robot AND ( Asp==Family OR ( Asp==Knowledge AND NKids >= 3 ) ) AND ( !ElderFemale OR NKids >= 3 )
Grandchildren: !Robot AND Asp==Family AND TotalNeighborhoodLinkedPopulation < 400
Marry Off Children: !Robot AND Asp==Family AND ( NChildren >= 6 OR ( TotalNeighborhoodLinkedPopulation < 250 AND !ElderFemale ) )
Own Businesses: Asp == (Fortune OR Popularity)
Puppy/Kittens: Asp==Family AND Animals >= 800
Pet Friends: Asp==Popularity AND Animals >= 800
Pet Careers: Asp==Fortune AND Animals >= 800

Career LTWs: CareerSpecific() AND !MaxedInThisCareer AND !Elder
Celebrity Chef: Asp(Family|Popularity|Romance|Pleasure) AND Food > 700
Party Guest: Asp(Romance|Pleasure) AND Playful >= 300 AND Outgoing >= 300 AND Entertainment >= 400 AND Fashion >= 400
Cult Leader: Asp(Popularity|Knowledge) AND Paranormal >= 700
Ecological Guru : Asp(Knowledge) AND Environment >= 700
Entertainment*: Asp(Popularity|Fortune) AND Outgoing >= 300 Entertainment >= 700 AND Culture >= 400
General: Asp(Popularity) AND Nice <= 500 AND Outgoing >= 300
Mad Scientist: Asp(Knowledge) AND Paranormal >= 400 AND SciFi >= 400
Hall of Famer: Asp(Romance|Fortune|Popularity) AND Active > 500 AND Outgoing >= 300 AND Sports >= 700
Chief of Staff: Asp(Family|Fortune|Knowledge) AND Nice > 100 AND Health >= 700
Icon: Asp(Popularity|Pleasure|Romance) AND Outgoing >= 300 Entertainment >= 700 AND Culture >= 400
Mayor: Asp(Family|Popularity) AND Outgoing >= 500 AND Politics >= 700
Superhero: Asp(Family|Popularity) AND Nice >= 100 AND Crime >= 500 AND No Liked Criminal Family
Criminal: Asp(Fortune|Knowledge) AND Nice < 500 AND Crime >= 700 AND No Liked Police Family
Tycoon: Asp(Fortune) AND Money >= 700 AND Work >= 400
Visionary: Asp(Romance|Popularity) AND Culture >= 500
Adventurer: Asp(Fortune|Knowledge) AND Outgoing >= 500 AND Travel >= 700
Edumacation: Asp(Family|Knowledge) AND School >= 700
GameDev*: Asp(Knowledge|Fortune) AND Playful >= 500 AND Entertainment >= 500
Gamer: Asp(Knowledge|Pleasure) AND Playful >= 500 AND Entertainment >= 500
Journalism: Asp(Popularity|Knowledge) AND Outgoing >= 200
Lawyer: Asp(Fortune|Popularity) AND Politics >= 400 AND Money >= 400 AND Crime >= 400 AND Work >= 400
Music: Asp(Romance|Popularity|Pleasure) AND Playful >= 500 AND Outgoing >= 500 AND Culture >= 400 AND Entertainment >= 700
*: requires LS career conversions to appear
« Last Edit: 2007 June 20, 19:54:54 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 27, 16:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way that I read that, it looks to me like all of the child-related wants require you to have children before the want will even show up. Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 27, 16:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way that I read that, it looks to me like all of the child-related wants require you to have children before the want will even show up. Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose?
No, you're misreading it. The wants will show up for sims of appropriate aspiration, as long as they are of proper age to produce more children, OR if they already have the children. Female elders without the requisite number of children, however, will not roll those as new or CAS LTWs, since they can't do that.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 27, 16:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, I see it now. Parentheses are small and hard to see; make for good ninjas.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 28, 03:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I'm using noagediscrimination (which I am) then elders can get real jobs from the computer.  Is it possible for noagediscrimination, which would load later than ltwvariety, to overwrite the !Elder limitation on career LTWs?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 30, 01:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I'm using noagediscrimination (which I am) then elders can get real jobs from the computer.  Is it possible for noagediscrimination, which would load later than ltwvariety, to overwrite the !Elder limitation on career LTWs?
No, because that would involve a nearly full-reclone of the entire hack, which is presently rigged to support Maxis-safe configurations. This can be looked into, but is not regarded as a priority. Elders can retain their original adult LTWs anyway.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 02, 00:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TotalNeighborhoodLinkedPopulation = only playables or...
TotalNeighborhoodLinkedPopulation = all character files (including npc's, townies)
?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 02, 04:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TotalNeighborhoodLinkedPopulation = only playables or...
TotalNeighborhoodLinkedPopulation = all character files (including npc's, townies)
?
I should probably enlarge those numbers, since they were originally made back in Uni with all the BFBVFS potential still set at around 1000.

cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 02, 08:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cult Leader: Asp(Popularity|Knowledge) AND Paranormal >= 700
Ecological Guru : Asp(Knowledge) AND Environment >= 700
Icon: Asp(Popularity) AND Outgoing >= 300 Entertainment >= 700 AND Culture >= 400
Visionary: Asp(Romance) AND Culture >= 500

Wait. I was under the impression that the Uni added careers couldn't be added as LTWs? Does that mean that with this hack, and nothing else affecting LTWs, that they are now avaliable as LTWs for my sims?

ISTP
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 02, 09:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it means that if those LTWs were to become available to Sims, then these are the settings they would be given by.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 02, 09:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado has a hack uni_ltws_sns in the test directory that makes the uni ltws available.  The hack requires Seasons.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 02, 19:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you don't have Seasons, Squinge has had a hack that enables the Uni careers as LTWs for quite some time; there are still OFB and Pets versions around on insimenator.net.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 09, 01:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How come Visionary is only open to Romance Sims?  Artistic ability isn't confined to people who like an extremely active sex life, is it?!  Certainly wasn't so in my father's case!  I also have a problem with Gamer insofar as I only make Sims Knowledge if their Playful is 3 or less, so they are never going to get this career unless they were originally dormies or something.  In fact, only Pleasure sims are ever going to get it.  And don't you think Icon should be open to Romance Sims as well as Popularity?  Don't they just love being ogled over and worshipped?!  Pleasure Sims too, probably, but definitely Romance.

I suppose I could have a go at altering things myself ... would probably blow my computer up though, let alone my game.  Anyway, I'm glad I finally know what the criteria are, I did often wonder.  Some careers come up over & over again, whereas some I hardly ever see and some I still haven't.  Only had Musician appear once so far, with a newly-transitioned teen and Education has yet to appear.  Since installing Seasons, nearly everybody I've rerolled for wants to be a lawyer or a journalist.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Apsalar
Asinine Airhead

Enraged Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 17, 14:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take it this hack is compatible with Seasons?

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 17, 14:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How come Visionary is only open to Romance Sims? Artistic ability isn't confined to people who like an extremely active sex life, is it?!  Certainly wasn't so in my father's case!
It shipped that way and I never changed it? Who else do you recommend it be open to by default? It seemed fitting, and nowhere is it written that romance sims actually DO have one, or that non-romance sims don't. They just seem to want it the most. Plus there's the "family history" effect as well, so it can jump aspirations if there's family background guiding it.

I also have a problem with Gamer insofar as I only make Sims Knowledge if their Playful is 3 or less, so they are never going to get this career unless they were originally dormies or something.
That's a personal decision, not something mandated by the game.

In fact, only Pleasure sims are ever going to get it.
Unsurprising. I mean, playing video games for a living? That sounds pretty silly to me.

And don't you think Icon should be open to Romance Sims as well as Popularity?  Don't they just love being ogled over and worshipped?!  Pleasure Sims too, probably, but definitely Romance.
I didn't change those very much since they were originally nonfunctional, but your suggestion will be taken under consideration.

I suppose I could have a go at altering things myself ... would probably blow my computer up though, let alone my game.  Anyway, I'm glad I finally know what the criteria are, I did often wonder.  Some careers come up over & over again, whereas some I hardly ever see and some I still haven't.  Only had Musician appear once so far, with a newly-transitioned teen and Education has yet to appear.  Since installing Seasons, nearly everybody I've rerolled for wants to be a lawyer or a journalist.
It's sadorandom. You can see the entire possibility sheet in sequence by "Cycling" instead of "Rerolling".

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 18, 21:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Saw this in action kind of recently. India's LTW's were all lame to me. Neighborhood is very unpopulated due to the blast except for my one family and eleven zombies. She's Family. All wants that were coming up were "have 6 grandkids" and "graduate three kids". Not an option for a non-heir, and I did want to play her since she was semi-interesting. As a child she rolled a normal want for a kitten/puppy and it was the only want I could fulfill for her right after dad's ghost killed mom to make the tantrums stop. A fitting LTW as a teen would have been puppy/kitten related. So I edited her interests up to max in Pets, cycled, and got the raise 20 puppies/kittens LTW.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 19, 02:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, LTWs aren't necessarily meant to be fulfilled as a teen. Tongue

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 19, 03:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious.  Are there LTW's in Sim Stories... and if so, are there LTWs specific to the two careers that came from Sim Stories (Game Dev and Entertainment, right?) and if so... would it be possible to hax0r those into the uni ltw careers hack as well?

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 19, 03:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious.  Are there LTW's in Sim Stories... and if so, are there LTWs specific to the two careers that came from Sim Stories (Game Dev and Entertainment, right?) and if so... would it be possible to hax0r those into the uni ltw careers hack as well?
Hmm. I believe there are, and it might be possible. I will look into this.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 20, 05:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, LTWs aren't necessarily meant to be fulfilled as a teen. Tongue
Yes they are! Now! Now!  Angry

No, I prefer waiting for my simmies to be elders to fulfill them. In India's case, I wanted her obsessed with pets because pets can't die from fright like her parents did. Plus, the puppies were an important part of zombie outreach (teaching kindness, language skills) and she was to be in paranormal later on (again, ghost obsession due to the death by fright thing...and later her husbands death by lightning).

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Apsalar
Asinine Airhead

Enraged Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 July 04, 00:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So does this mean, theoretically, that if you let a sim read magazines to get their interest up in a particular area, they would eventually be able to roll new ltws?

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
prattle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 July 04, 01:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to add a check for having graduated from Uni to get the University career lifetime wants? I use this and the awesome Uni/LS careers LTW hack, and a few days ago I had a plantsim growing up from toddler to adult roll Cult Leader as her lifetime want. I cheated to get her into the Paranormal career, but I'm a little nervous about whether giving plantsims the University graduation bonuses they can't actually earn through normal gameplay in Seasons is going to make something blow up.  Cheesy
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 July 04, 02:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's possible, but this should be done for sims who are YAs or older.  It would be neat if this was actually tied into the career BCONs to check.

For YAs, you could theoretically check if their major matches the bit(s) set by the career BCONs.

For Adults, you could check if the career even requires an uni education, then check if the sim has an education And if their major matches the bit(s) set by the career BCONs.

For Elders, career LTWs should be disabled completely (I think this is already done, no?).

For Teens, there shouldn't be any restrictions on LTWs because they can be sent to Uni if they have a uni career related LTW.

Ste

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: