More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 06:28:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maxis Message
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxis Message  (Read 8764 times)
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Maxis Message
« on: 2006 January 16, 13:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:oTonight was the night when Bella and Mortys luck finally ran out and they met the Reaper.  One day apart and of old age; what else?  So here I am waiting for the game to let me return to the hood, and I get this never seen by me b4 message from Maxis.  (And I've had a few sims die).  ÏF THE POINT OF PLAYING THE SIMS2 WAS TO KILL OF ALL YOUR SIMS, THEN YOU'D BE WORLD CHAMPION BY NOW',  and it went along those sweet lines of accusations for another paragraph!  Well I was gobsmacked, isn't that the whole point of the game, to create the Sims and guide them from birth to DEATH?Huh?

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Maxis Message
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 16, 13:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The message you got was one of a set a player gets when the last sim on the lot dies. Not all of them are that hostile; that one seems to be directed towards the players who kill their sims on purpose, but since they come up in a random order, it doesn't differentiate between whether they died of old age or malicious intent.

flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 16, 13:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's it then, no more natural deaths from me, they will all die by FLIES!!!

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 16, 13:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a message like that once. It said something about the Sims2 being a "Life simulator". I also twice got something that looked like a personal ad taken out by the GR. Anyone else seen that one? I took a screenshot, but it was so long ago I have no clue where it would be.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 16, 13:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess the point is to play on with forever new generations.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 16, 13:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You get that message if every single sim on your lot dies for whatever reason. As long as somebody remains on the lot, you don't get the message, but if everyone dies, you'll be admonished about it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 16, 13:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NOT HAPPY JAN!!! Angry   I don't want to be admonished, I want to DO the admonishing

Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 16, 13:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that message a few times as well, Brynne.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 16, 14:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NOT HAPPY JAN!!! Angry   I don't want to be admonished, I want to DO the admonishing

Don't worry about it.  It's like Pescado saying, "Necromancy is bad, m'kay" if you dredge up a particularly old thread. 
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 16, 14:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What; me worry!  Compared to my family issa piece a cake.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 16, 14:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also twice got something that looked like a personal ad taken out by the GR. Anyone else seen that one? I took a screenshot, but it was so long ago I have no clue where it would be.

I got that one yesterday, but the circumstances were a little strange.  I'd invited over one of the townie kids, used the Mind Control Mirror and Inge's birthday cake to age him up to adult, then I decided he was just too ugly to keep around.  (Too bad, because he was reasonably nice-looking as a kid.)  So I drowned him in the pool.  When the GR arrived, I got the "personal ad" message.  Strange, though, because I'd never seen that before on a lot that still had living Sims on it.  I'm guessing this happened because the dying Sim was the active (selected) character at the time, thanks to the Mind Control Mirror, yet he wasn't actually a member of the family that lived on the lot.  (Or something like that.)

Karen
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 17, 13:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The message you got was one of a set a player gets when the last sim on the lot dies. Not all of them are that hostile; that one seems to be directed towards the players who kill their sims on purpose, but since they come up in a random order, it doesn't differentiate between whether they died of old age or malicious intent.

Whaaaaaaat?  Damn - I didn't get anything like that when I killed the 8 Jack Thompsons.

I want to be admonished.

Inteen for AL, yay!
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 17, 13:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I have been admonished I'll share  and give a bit to you so consider yourself admonished.  Hows that!!  Do you feel any different? Smiley

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 17, 23:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got that message when I tried Strangetown or whatever it's called.
I'd played the Spector home and moved out the girl, Olive died the next evening...for some reason I thought someone would inherit the value of the lot, but nope... just a message from Maxis...

I didn't feel admonished (I laughed)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 18, 04:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who haven't seen the message, here it is:

Death. What can really be said about Death? Well, he's a Taurus. He also enjoys long and windy walks on the beach. He describes himself as a horse lover, and prefers a lady on a pale horse to one in an overpriced SUV. But he notes that any interested parties should be gravely serious about starting new relationships, and that bringing along three friends for the other members of the apocalypse would be a preferable first date environment.

Enjoy!

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 18, 04:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy
(goes off to kill some simmies in order to see messages LOL)
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 19, 02:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LAWL! Tawanda!

Yes, I've seen all those messages... I laughed my arse off the first time I read THAT one Hook! *cracks whip at Hook*
The first time I ahd the "lecturing one" I felt pretty bad, especially since it was "Da Evil Noodlesoother" who caused it in the first place! Angry I thought back then they had no right to lecture me since they could have no idea wether the death was intentionally 'caused by me or not! Angry

Later I didn't mind. It's my game dang it! And If I need to sacrifice some sims to have my haunted house so it will be! Grin(we need an evil grin smiley Wink)

Greest to all,
virgali

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 31, 10:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I killed off a Sim today with the intent to zombify her ... but, of course, her husband comes running into the still-burning room to cry about it. So he died too, and I got the 'Death is a Taurus' message, and the 'LIFE simulator' one.

I can't believe that this is the first time I've seen those messages, though. In the original Sims, I frequently killed off entire 8-Sim families for no good reason. I hadn't realised just how much the generational and genetic aspects of the Sims 2 had changed the way I played the game until just now... Interesting.

tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 31, 15:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first one I saw was the 'Taurus' one.

I'd just downloaded 'runs with scissors' and wanted to see what it did.
Don Lothario volunteered to be the guinea-pig Smiley

After the Grim Reaper saw Don on his way, he went to the sofa, switched on the TV, and watched and ranted for about an hour.
I thought he was going to stay forever.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 31, 16:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never killed off all the Sims on the lot before, except once recently when I was testing something.  I did it via Death by Flies, and I was kinda disappointed I didn't get an admonishing message, and Grim only went to the bathroom and then left.  Undecided  Sorta disappointing, really.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 31, 17:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The various -wear turn-ons are basically intended for your controllable sim to use when preying upon random townies who might happen to have that at random, as opposed to any of your sims, which are probably designed around turn-ons a little more stable and definitive.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 01, 04:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't realised just how much the generational and genetic aspects of the Sims 2 had changed the way I played the game until just now... Interesting.
I was a relentless and unrepentant murderer of irritating sims in TS1, but I've done far less of that in this game partly because of the generational/genetic aspects.  I don't find Sims2 sims as irritating, either -- dormies not included.  However, the dormies are quite adept at taking care of their own deaths through self-neglect.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: