More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 03:32:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Object Error during movie
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Object Error during movie  (Read 4284 times)
TrueLou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Object Error during movie
« on: 2006 January 15, 04:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Guys, Wondering if you can help...I got an object error during the wedding animation (one of the guests was refusing to come watch), so I now have this object error stuck in the middle of my screen, I have no mouse cos it was in the middle of the wedding movie. Does anyone know a keyboard shortcut to get an object error off my screen, I've tried everything I can think of, I don't want to lose this save game. Any help much appreciated. True-Lou x
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Object Error during movie
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 15, 05:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi TrueLou,

I've had the same problem over and over, and the only hint i can give you is to remember the position of the mouse cursor  Tongue
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 15, 10:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried unplugging your mouse, then plugging it back in?

Zephyr Zodiac
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 15, 12:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried unplugging your mouse, then plugging it back in?

This is ONLY safe to do if you have a USB mouse (rectangular port)! If you have a mouse that connects via a PS/2 port (which is round), DO NOT unplug it when the computer is on! Unplugging and replugging a PS/2 mouse when a computer is on will make the mouse plug short out and render it broken!

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 15, 13:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi TrueLou,

I've had the same problem over and over, and the only hint i can give you is to remember the position of the mouse cursor  Tongue

That was the only thing to work for me, as well. Now I make sure I don't have debug mode on if there is going to be a cinematic. Pain in the ass.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 15, 13:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Invisible Cursor - it's a curse! Angry
Fortunately, the debug messages are shown in the same position always, but if you don't keep track of the cursor position, then it's chaos, as you'll have to start from one of the screen corners and (slowly) bring the cursor over the buttons Tongue
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 15, 14:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose it's because my mouse is not actually plugged into the computer, but a KVM switch and sometimes it fails to work when I switch from one PC to the other, and unplugging usually fixes it.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 15, 14:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Guys, Wondering if you can help...I got an object error during the wedding animation (one of the guests was refusing to come watch), so I now have this object error stuck in the middle of my screen, I have no mouse cos it was in the middle of the wedding movie. Does anyone know a keyboard shortcut to get an object error off my screen, I've tried everything I can think of, I don't want to lose this save game. Any help much appreciated. True-Lou x
I'm not sure why you're posting this problem on a board. This isn't a real-time environment and by the time people post a useful response to try, the problem will be many hours old.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 15, 19:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

doesn't hitting "Enter" work to get rid of it?  I never play with debug mode on so I'm clueless but I know in another game when I would get a popup that needed to be clicked on, hitting "Enter" worked, was handy when the popup ended up invisable/unclickable Roll Eyes
TrueLou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 15, 21:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did it !! Thanks so much all of you, I did what Theo said and moved my 'invisible cursor' to one corner then moved it gently back down over my screen diagonally and RESET lit up !!! Clicked and it's gone away. I know this isn't a real time environment Pescado but I was determined to get another simmer's point of view before giving in and quitting, which would have meant losing 4 hours of game, so I left it on my screen and went to bed. Thanks again everyone...I owe you all one !
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: