More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:10:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The War Room
| | |-+  Food facts(?) and Is it worth having a food processor
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Food facts(?) and Is it worth having a food processor  (Read 65761 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Food facts(?) and Is it worth having a food processor
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 12, 10:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, but "cheap fridges" are, in fact, the more economical fridges in terms of food capacity per dollar. The wornable fridge is actually the most economical in the game, holding a full 200 units of food at a far lower cost ($400?) than the "better" fridges. Some people are even lame and get wornable recolors that aren't scuzzy, thus defeating the point.

In comparison, the shiny fridge is $1500, but holds merely 50% more, at a cost far greater than the cheap fridge: Only use these if floorspace for storage of food is at a premium.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 27, 15:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a Uni item isn't it?  Like LTW and permaplat.  some of us don't have it.
I still buy my sims an expensive counter instead of cooking appliances - fewer fires eating chef salad.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 May 17, 15:36:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Selling the wornable fridge, and I think the medium one too, and buying a new one is cheaper than ordering food.
Wornable fridge = $375
Groceries = $450
It's also much quicker and less faffy.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 May 17, 16:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's also much quicker and less faffy.
What is "faffy?"  Huh
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 May 17, 17:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I d/l the simlogical hobs but was disappointed to see my sim treat it not only as a stove but as a countertop.  She put the cutting board on top of it because the only other counter had a dishwasher under it and they seem to not like that much either.  See?  This is why I like to torture my sims.  They are just asking for it!  Payback's a bitch, sim!   Grin

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 May 17, 18:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge said that they would still be able to use the countertop underneath the stove, so that is not a bug.  I see it as a benefit of having extra counterspace, especially in tiny kitchens.  Personally, I love Inge's hobs.  I use the one that only has stovetop functions so that my sims aren't always trying to cook (and burn) lobster thermidor.  It also works better with JM's Macrotastics.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 May 17, 21:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I know it's not a bug, but I was worried one of them would place something on the "counter" (hob) and then not be able to use it or there'd be fire or ... well, you know how pesky these sims can be Wink 

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 May 18, 04:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but I am good to my sims.  Torture isn't my thing.  Smiley
Simsane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 May 20, 01:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded Boblishman's hob last week or so--I was so excited to see one!  I was really disappointed when I looked at it in-game and found out it only has 1 hunger value point.

My sims never even get to buy a stove until they can afford one with 10 hunger points.  The lower stoves are a waste of money.

One thing I like about the food processor is that it saves quite a bit of counter cleaning.  My sims eat a lot of TV dinners, spaghetti and chef salads so the food processor comes in handy for the spaghetti and salads.  It seems like they just never are hungry enough to eat the big meals.

Regina (yes, I realize I'm quite late in responding to this thread, but just discovered) I think that the 1 point food value is a mistake.  The reason I say that is because I have tried it out and my sims seem to get just as much food value from it as from the expensive stove.  I have a feeling it was supposed to say 10 but was typed in as just 1.   You could still try it and find out.  I also have Inge's hob (just the top, no oven) and it's great for a small kitchen.  If I'm going to have a large kitchen though, I don't like it as they do have a tendency to set things (like the TC) on it and that just looks weird.  So I only use it in small kitchens.
iona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 14, 22:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always wondered how much it costs when they serve a meal and wow, this is quite an information!  Cool

Hm.. maybe I should force my simmies buy the Wornable fridge which they just don't like. lol
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 16, 13:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regina (yes, I realize I'm quite late in responding to this thread, but just discovered) I think that the 1 point food value is a mistake.  The reason I say that is because I have tried it out and my sims seem to get just as much food value from it as from the expensive stove.  I have a feeling it was supposed to say 10 but was typed in as just 1.   You could still try it and find out

I don't think the value 1 is a mistake. The hob has been cloned from the cheap stove, which has a hunger rating of 1, and when you open the package it also lists a hunger ratings of 1 for Bob's hob. You may not be noticing the difference when cooking since there are other factors that affect the hunger value of the food, not just the stove.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
firelizard
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 19, 14:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a reminder, food in a sim's inventory will not go bad, so you can still make full use of the "serve meal" option even if a household only has two to three sims. Just have them eat what they'd like and put the leftovers in one the sim's inventories. This can also be useful for pregnant/sick sims; have them keep several meals in their inventories so they don't have to go through the hassle of preparing food every time they need to eat.
Final Warrior
Blathering Buffoon

A Bastard and a Half

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 24, 12:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a reminder, food in a sim's inventory will not go bad, so you can still make full use of the "serve meal" option even if a household only has two to three sims. Just have them eat what they'd like and put the leftovers in one the sim's inventories. This can also be useful for pregnant/sick sims; have them keep several meals in their inventories so they don't have to go through the hassle of preparing food every time they need to eat.

Yeah, ever notice how a Sim's inventory is like an extra-dimensional portal/bag/pocket thing where NOTHING ages? You can even stop price depreciation (sp?) by putting stuff in there...

Anyways, onto my question: Is it worth having a food processor? I mean, if you have a mid-priced counter, is it worth having a food processor? Is the processor faster?
« Last Edit: 2014 July 20, 09:09:17 by Final Warrior » Logged
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 25, 06:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The processor is faster according to Pescado earlier in the thread, so you are gaining speed when you put it on any counter.  The food value is better than a cheap counter, the same as a medium counter and lower than a high value counter.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2006 September 21, 15:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Risking necromancy to add that food shopping at community lots is broken in OFB.  There are threads on MATY about it and one on the sims board to try and raise awareness of the issue.  feel free to add support there
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=&threadID=f3d0aa69d692443e0e49288725e2c63e&directoryID=103&startRow=1#72eba2dd7d28ad24b9d194b0413784f5

"Food shopping on commuity lots is broken since OFB - when a playable sim is on a community lot or business, they can and will buy more food than will fit in the fridge.

Suppose your sim has a cheap fridge with 100 of 200 units.
When your sim orders food delivered by phone, you can only buy 100 units of food for 200$. (the dialogue asking how much you wants starts with a half full bar) In base game, when your sim went to a community lot, you were also limited to buying half a fridge-worth of food. The dialogue showed a half full bar for you to add to.

With OFB added, the phone delivery still works the same way. But when the sim goes to a community lot, the dialogue starts with an EMPTY bar the size of an EXPENSIVE fridge. (600$) Unless you checked the fridge before you left you have to guess what you need. Any excess you buy gets thrown away when the sim puts groceries in the fridge.

If you are running a grocery business and sell food to playable sims, you will find they have lots of baskets of food in their inventories which probably cost them 600$ each and are now worth ZERO.

The only work-around is saving the baskets for later or deleting them and using money cheats to refund your sims money. Oh and DON'T have grocery businesses!

This has got to be buggy - how do you do a bug report?
1. The bar for food shopping on community should go back to how it used to work
2. Resale value should not be zero.
3. If the sim has more food than will fit in the fridge, the basket in the inventory should reduce in size not disappear."

I'm also told you can't order food delivered to a home business, but I haven't checked that out.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 September 21, 16:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use noplayableshoppers in your game you can run grocery stores.  You'll never see a playable sim shopping at any of your businesses.

If you want playable shoppers at some of your businesses, but the ability to ban them from others (such as grocery stores) use the customerselector.  The customer selector bans playables by default, but you can configure it to allow them.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 September 24, 06:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That does take care of the problem, but I think what cwykes is proposing is far more shiny.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 September 25, 03:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Getting Maxis to fix things would be far more shiny if it worked.  But I remember when MaxoidTom was here and he was told about the piano-no-fun problem.  His replies went through several stages.

First it was: "The piano is working as designed" 
It was pointed out exactly where in the code pianos were broken.
Then it was: "OK, it's not working as designed, we'll include a fix in the patch we're working on"
Finally it was: "The patch is out and the piano fix is in there"
Result: pianos are still broken.

That's an example of Maxis "fixing" problems brought to their attention by the players.

So sure, go right ahead and let Maxis know there's a problem.  Don't be surprised if they tell you it's "working as designed".  Be prepared to wait a while for the fix if they do admit there's a problem (probably won't be until the next EP is patched).  In the meantime, I'll use mods to keep problems like this out of my game. 

IMHO using something that works is far more shiny than waiting for something that may not appear and may not work if it does.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 September 25, 03:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good one, Kyna!  Cheesy  I love your synopsis.  It sums it up rather well.  Tongue  As I recall, the conversation went along those same lines when the toddler playing in the potty problem was pointed out, which TJ has had the fix for for ages.  Only they never came back and admitted it was a problem.  He says that works as designed, when clearly the toddlers were only supposed to play in the toilet when in a bad mood, not making a beeline for it every chance they got, favoring it over their toys.  Angry
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 September 25, 08:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think MaxoidTom was simply admitting the obvious (i.e. that Maxis designers are idiots).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 September 25, 08:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, what did you expect? They hire people who can barely string together coherent sentences, like that MoonBelly person.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 September 25, 18:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if they can't write legible sentences, how are they going to write legible code?? Tongue
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 September 25, 22:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I certainly don't expect Maxis to fix it (or even to fix it without breaking it in a new way), but if someone more Awesome than me could figure out how to fix it and had the time and inclination to do so then I'd be more indebted to them than I already am.  Not that I actually expect anyone to do anything for so meager a reward.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: