More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 16:44:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  List of NPC codes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: List of NPC codes  (Read 7909 times)
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
List of NPC codes
« on: 2006 January 07, 20:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone point me in the direction of a list of all NPC codes?  I have an older list but would like the NL characters.  My game doesn't have all NPC's so I can't look up all of them in SimPE.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: List of NPC codes
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 08, 13:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Care to share the list you already have, pwetty pwease?  Grin

And does anyone know of any other sites or sources that have lists of certain values, similar to dizzy's bhavs table text file?

It would be great if there was a similarly single compiled source for various values of different Person Data and other fields/attributes, such as Aspiration, Sim Age, NPC Type, etc. I hate having to dig through the code just to try and figure this out everytime I'm working on something, and I'm too lazy to compile a list myself. Cheesy

Anyhew, just curious if anything out there already exists that I may have missed. Thanks.

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 08, 13:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the list, but only as it pertains to code-hacking, I.E, it uses the 0x132 constant values, and not the SimPE dumps. You'd have to cross-reference the list if you wanted to convert it in SimPE...

But you really should not mess with that value in SimPE. NPCs have other associated attributes other than just their NPC tag values, and simply changing the tag values does not create a functioning NPC!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 08, 13:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved a policeman into a lot using the tombstone of L&D (needed a sim and didn't have ANY townies in the hood). He is pretty confused about his career and can't go to work.  Does changing that code in SimPE fix him?  What more needs doing?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 08, 14:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NPCs and jobs are unrelated. The "policeman" NPC has no connection to the law enforcement career.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 08, 15:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK so I'm confused - as usual.  What do I need to do to make him normal? 

First off - I just remembered that I created these NPCs with the NPC creator hack off MTS2, so they may not be normal.  Any way here's the story...
When I moved him in he had a want for the police career, so I got him a job with the newspaper.  Message said level 1 carpool will come at...  The crappy car duly came.  He couldn't get in the car.  I checked his job and discovered he thinks he is captain hero.   Days went by and he didn't go to either job and didn't get any messages about missing work.  I had him quit his job and his job description said Unemployed.  I got him another job (can't remember if it was police or army) - job description again says captain hero.  Not sure when in the sequence this happened, but he got a flash sports car turning up instead of the crap car, but he still couldn't get in it.    Housemate is in the same boat - thinks she's a celebrity chef.   I added a new sim to the lot with the tombstone and he thinks he's a general already.   

This morning I looked in SimPE and found my policeman still has an NPC code.  I fixed that and am going back in game later to see if it helped.  I also checked a maid who was married properly to a sim in game.  She still has NPC code 13 in her sim description.  As far as I know she behaves normally in game.  So I guess that code has nothing to do with my problem.  Maybe I'd better nuke the lot.

I looked up some NPC codes in SimPE - I have base game only - no promises it's the same!
shown under Other in simdescription

Grim Reaper        0x000F
Hula zombie        0x0000
Pollination tech    0x0000

Repo man           0x001A
Social Bunny       0x001D
social worker       0x001E
shop asst teen    0x001F

Delivery (food)      0x000A
tan uniform white cap   0x000B   
fireman               0x000C
Gardener             0x000D 
adult black apron  0x0002
Burglar                0x0004
brown uniform     0x0005
Policeman            0x0009
? elder                0x0010  elder with check shirt - repairman ?
Headmaster         0x0011
Maid                   0x0013
Postman             0x0014
Nanny                 0x0015
Newspaper          0x0016
Pizza delivery       0x0017
Therapist            0x0020

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 09, 03:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uni List:

0x0001  Bartender?  Barrista?
0x0002  Bartender?  Barrista?
0x0004  Robber
0x0005  Driver
0x0006  Streaker
0x0007  Coach
0x0008  Cafeteria Worker
0x0009  Police
0x000A  Grocery Delivery
0x000B  Exterminator
0x000C  Fire Fighter
0x000D  Gardener
0x000E  Uni Shop Clerk ?
0x000F  ?
0x0010  Repair Person
0x0011  Headmaster
0x0013  Maid
0x0014  Mail Carrier
0x0015  Nanny
0x0016  Paper Girl/Boy
0x0017  Pizza Delivery
0x0018  Professor (has major set in Uni tab)
0x0019  Cow Mascot
0x001A  Repo Man
0x001B  Cheerleader
0x001C  Llama Mascot
0x001D  Social Bunny
0x001E  Social worker
0x001F  teen shop clerk
0x0000  ?
0x0021  chinese delivery ?

themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 09, 03:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But you really should not mess with that value in SimPE. NPCs have other associated attributes other than just their NPC tag values, and simply changing the tag values does not create a functioning NPC!

Ok thanks for the tip.  I had a coffee bar guy and made him into a townie. (Coffee is banned and the one espresso bar has been busted and shut down.)  I was mostly wondering about the Diva and Mr Big since I have none in my game, I wanted to make my own and didn't know the code. 
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 09, 19:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for the list - answers a few things that puzzled me!  Our lists don't disagree except where I didn't know what I was looking at so where you have a couple of question marks, my answers are probably OK.

000F   the grim reaper
0000   pollination tech and hula zombies
0002   barman as I have them in base game
0001   barrista as I don't have them
0020   therapist

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 05, 13:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone got the OFB codes to add to this useful list?
I prefer necromancy to spreading useful info across two threads - so shoot me - I have a tidy mind.  Can this go somewhere like war room or peasantry?

EDIT 0029 is reporter
« Last Edit: 2006 July 06, 08:39:34 by cwykes » Logged

dailyrebellions
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 05, 01:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 0x00E as barista. ( i believe as in coffee) Spawned a barista, that ended up being their code.

+ofb, nl, uni+

0x0024 - Chef
« Last Edit: 2006 August 06, 07:14:10 by dailyrebellions » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: