More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:09:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why does my Sim disapprove?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why does my Sim disapprove?  (Read 19687 times)
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Why does my Sim disapprove?
« on: 2006 January 04, 07:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something I haven't seen before - I have a Sim, Andrew, living in the frat house with three other frat members. Two of the other members recently started up a relationship; they were kissing in front of Andrew. Andrew got very upset and the relationship tanked into the negative scores with the two frat members. Why? Andrew is straight, has had no romantic interest in the other frat members, but he was very disapproving, standing there pounding his fist into his hand. Is there something about the Greek house where this is considered a no-no? Andrew didn't become furious but it reminded me of the response that kids have when they discover their parents cheating.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Why does my Sim disapprove?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 04, 07:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure what traits are involved - maybe shy/playful but it seems that some sims don't like public displays of affection. Maybe it's the nice/grouchy? I've noticed that some sims could care less what is going on around them and then others get upset/embarassed/mad when anyone kisses or makes out in their presence.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 04, 07:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think simmiecall is right - he is embarrssed to see public romantic relationships. You have to move him to another house, with one sim only - friend or lover.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 04, 07:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another possibility is that a friend or relative of Andrew's has had some romantic interactions with one of the frat sims in the past.  He may think they're cheating on his friend or relative.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 04, 07:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shy sims disapprove. If there's cheating involved, teens and up will 'be distressed' and kids will cry softly, in my experience. Get your sims to get a room.  Tongue

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 04, 07:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disapproving is harmless. It has no effect on relationships. At least, pre-NL. The relationship score issue may be caused by a different issue.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 04, 08:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Andrew is not shy nor grouchy, in fact he's 9/9 in both those traits! And it was clearly the disapproval that lowered the relationship scores, I tested it out a couple times as I saw it going slightly negative, and then had the two frat brothers kiss in front of Andrew, and then the relationships really tanked. This is post-NL so maybe some change was made? Actually now that I think about it, maybe Kyna is right - one of the frat brothers had an affair with Andrew's uncle, so maybe? It gets very confusing.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 04, 08:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it must be the affair. I once had a sim that had an affair with her father in law. When ever her kids saw her kissing anyone else, even their father, the relationships tanked. Even more for him than her, it seemed. Her husband now gets regularly bashed up by his daughters, and has no clue what his wife did with his father.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 04, 09:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this 'feature' of NL makes for interesting scenarios.  Sometimes it gets taken to extremes.

Lilith in my game is a slightly careless romance sim, and had 5 kids by 4 different sims (the last 2 were twins).  For the last pregnancy she seduced Dustin, who is married to Angela (after fiddling in SimPE to make it possible). 

On a community lot one day Dustin and Angela were there, along with several of Lilith's other ex-lovers.  Dustin flirted with his wife, and all of the ex-lovers present became furious at Dustin and Angela.  I think it was a case of "hey, aren't you the father of my kid's younger half-siblings? How dare you flirt with someone besides their mother"

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 04, 11:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think that some one could made a mod about loving-interacion... 'cause for me it's a bit too rare..
in the game there are 4 tipe of interaction when 2 sims flirts or kiss in pubblic..

1) aproving , realy soisy, like SanSiro stadiumg when kaka make a goal Cheesy
2) embarasing, if a sim are realy "not-outgoing" (i dunno how to say in english  Undecided)
3) disaproving, like the sim Andrew by the post of Pegasys
4) do noghing

.. actualy on my game.. specially in the dorm nothing happen when 2 sims kiss or loving in pubblic, meanwhile something happen when they flirts..
maybe a more kiss reaction from a pubblic could be more fun

(argh.. what a difficult post.. why don't you know italian..  Tongue )
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 04, 11:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pre-nightlife, I had a sim's father "approve" when he saw his son flirting with the governess (Victorian neighbourhood). He didn't really care for his son's wife. Post-nightlife, it seems it'd be a different story, which is annoying - that seemed a bit more realistic, and the sim made his own decision based on his dislike of his daughter-in-law, if not the exact way I wanted my plotline to go.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 04, 13:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Max, you did very well with your English.   Smiley
C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
IcemanTO
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 04, 14:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

much more better when trezeguet scores a goal Cheesy

Il tuo inglese a me sembra decisamente ottimo, max!
Ciao

Ice

The only real purpose of IceFall Climbing is to grab enough ice for my Martini.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 04, 14:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't it just mean that the sim was seen or is known to be in love with someone else thus causing the third party to get defensive? (weird sims)

Instant gratification takes too long.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 04, 16:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the following quote from Sir Walter Scott comes to mind Smiley  Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive ...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 04, 17:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen back in the base game with Keanu Broke ( then popularity).  He and his wife broke up, she went to live with her mother and left him "holding the baby".  His best friend Hal (romance) saw his chance and asked Keanu to move in and in no time they were lovers.  The first time Keanu's daughter swa them kiss (autonomous, I'd been careful not to queue this while she was around) she was embarassed and her relationship with her father went down to zero!  She appeared to blame him for it, as her relationship with Hal didn't alter!

Zephyr Zodiac
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 04, 19:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hijacking this thread to say that I LOVE that you named a Broke "Keanu," ZephyrZodiac. Righteous!

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 05, 01:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Brandi obviously (to me) named her other two boys after Hollywood stars (Dustin Hoffman, Beau Bridges) and I just thought Keanu suited him, so he always gets that name now!  (Plus he always gets that Maxis custom hair with the pinky-mauve streak in it!)

Zephyr Zodiac
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 05, 05:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah ZZ -i gotta go change the youngest Brokes name now! Keanu -I love it!

I had Beau Broke and Angela Pleasant go on  a date to the 50's diner and Brandi showed up. It was so funny to watch her dismayed reaction to them flirting and kissing -ha ha. How could Beau do this with his brother's girlfriend -the horror!  I'm still trying to get Brandi and Beau back to friend status.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 05, 05:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angela's a tart!  Make Beau and Dustin some nice new girlfriends in CAS!

Zephyr Zodiac
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 05, 12:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes...affairs can get interesting now that sims remember them by getting furious.

I had quite an interesting situation when I first installed NL.  I had a father that got furious at his daughter for marrying another sim rather than the one she dated briefly as a teen.  They were a three bolt couple and lived in the house with their father and were constantly all over each other so father sim was constantly pissed.  It did take me a bit to discover exactly what the problem was though.

The reason his daughter couldn't marry her brief teen affair was I discovered that I had lost track of bloodlines momentarily and her teen love was actually her second cousin.  Ewww..I couldn't deal with that and split them up as soon as I discovered my mistake.  The poor father sim could never deal with that fact and seemed perfectly happy with the idea of his daughter marrying her second cousin.  Just creepy.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 05, 14:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! Anch'io tifo il Milan!!!! lol Your English isn't that bad anyways, only a few spelling mistakes (but hey! Who am I to judge? I'm a noturious bad speller) and the opposite of outgoing is "Shy".

Grin

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 05, 14:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the furious state started with NL, just they developed it!

And the game doesn't normally prevent second cousins from marrying, so maybe if you'd looked in simPE you'd have found a tick in the Family check box.  They can be quite random, both Dustin/Angela and Dirk/Lilith have them, even though Going Steady does not make sims Family only marriage will do that to unrelated sims.

Zephyr Zodiac
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 05, 21:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know,
I had 2 Sims (Nario and Hallen, both M) who were best friends since childhood. Nario's dad was having a fling with Ivy Copur but never got caught.
Years later, Hallen grew up and married Ivy, Nario pitched a fit while visiting and decided to hate them both, apparently thinking "How dare you marry my dad's mistress?" The friendship was only salvaged after Hallen caught Ivy in bed with Nario's dad and gave her the boot.

This is with the base game only.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 05, 21:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the furious state started with NL, just they developed it!

And the game doesn't normally prevent second cousins from marrying, so maybe if you'd looked in simPE you'd have found a tick in the Family check box.  They can be quite random, both Dustin/Angela and Dirk/Lilith have them, even though Going Steady does not make sims Family only marriage will do that to unrelated sims.

Huh?  lol

Yeah I know the game does not prevent second cousin from marrying Smiley  But I prevent is myself...perhaps I need to start ticking them as family b/c as my 'hoods grow larger and larger I start losing track of who is related to who.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: