More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 02:52:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I've never seen this want before-is it common?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I've never seen this want before-is it common?  (Read 18332 times)
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
I've never seen this want before-is it common?
« on: 2005 December 31, 20:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Live and learn I suppose. I thought I'd seen most of the wants but "Change into PJ's" is a new one on me. Rolled by a Romance sim and whilst I can see the logic in it I've never seen it before.
No doubt it is common as muck and I'll collect 3 zillion "You Are A  Retard" points for even asking and be relegated to answering "we want petz" posts on the BBS until I lose the will to live and/or would rather remove my nipples with a cheese-grater.
I do sometimes wonder though about wants. My machine sometimes appears to get stuck, rolling up the same wants time after time even after they have been fulfilled until the hard-drive begs for mercy.
Any useful tips to get out of wants ruts more than welcome.

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
Re: I've never seen this want before-is it common?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 31, 20:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen "change into formal wear" before, although not specifically the PJs one.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Yay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 31, 20:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The PJ's one is very common for pleasure sims. Usually sims with other aspirations get that want if they have been wearing PJ's often while out of bed... not 100% sure.
I suppose personality has got to do with it as well.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 31, 20:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Avie only has Sims2 (macuser) so won't have any Pleasure sims.  Romance sims who aren't doing so well in the woohoo stakes frequently get the "change into underwear" want, but I've never seen PJs, and I've played an awful lot of Romance sims!

Zephyr Zodiac
Yay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 31, 20:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bad - on my original Sims2 game I remember seeing that want just once - so it's probably not a very common want.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 31, 20:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it is now, with Pleasure sims - Maxis must have decided to revitalise it!  Also the "Jump on Couch" want - the option for sims to do it was always there for funloving sims, but not the want, but Pleasure sims roll it frequently.

Zephyr Zodiac
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 31, 20:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting.Evidently the" wants" programming anticipated the release of the expansion packs with some being uncommon in the base game but more frequently seen with the expanded aspirations of later releases.
I must say though that some wants occur very rarely in my game. For instance I have only ever seen the "Meet Aliens" want in the pre-made Curious brothers. It has never once come up in any of my own Knowledge sims and I have more of those than Mr Gates has dollars.
Bizarre.

Cat Moonshadow
Asinine Airhead

Cat in the Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 31, 20:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims only ever want to meet aliens after they have already been abducted. It would be nice, sometimes, if they could get the want and then get abducted.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 31, 21:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried for ages when I first got the always abduct telescope to get Beau Broke (knowledge in that game) to get the want, bought magazines so he could max out his interest in sci-fi, he'd even been and examined the alien spacship etc., and he too only got the want after he'd been abducted and got pregnant.  I sold the telescope before he tried it again!

And it's interesting how, once a sim gets abducted, any aliens that they know who aren't Knowledge are as afraid of abduction as normal sims!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 31, 22:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first knowledge sim managed to get the "get abducted" want filled (he had it locked for forever getting there and we were having a lot of trouble with ghosts which he wanted badly and just couldn't seem to see). After he got abducted, his son went running out and laughed at him, so he rolled a want to see his son get abducted. I thought that was funny Smiley

I had the same kind of thing with the vampires - in a fairly large (by my, not Brynne's standards) household, the two knowledge sims kept wanting to be and have other people be vampirized, and had fears of the vampires getting changed back to human. Everyone else (including the vampires :p) wanted to be human again and/or wanted all the vampires to be human again and had fears they'd be turned yet again. It was kinda tricky getting them all set so none of the fears went off and most of the wants got filled. And then the knowledge sims wanted to start over :p

Unsouper
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 31, 23:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I've seen the pj's and underwear wants often for romance Sims and now with nightlife I see it often for pleasure Sims too.  But the magazine wants never pops-up.

I do love playing romance Sims so I normally have a lot in my hoods.

As for the alien abduction wants, I do see Sims wanting a relative to get abducted instead of themselves but that will only happen to knowledge Sims, other Sims will fear it happens to them or relatives.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 31, 23:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I've seen the pj's and underwear wants often for romance Sims and now with nightlife I see it often for pleasure Sims too.  But the magazine wants never pops-up.

My sim wanted to by a magazine yesterday. I had never seen it before...

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 31, 23:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as I said, I've never seen a romance sim get the pjs want, but maybe because their in relationships anyway, or maybe because normally my romance sims are very ougoing.  Perhaps a shy romance sim wants pjs?

I must say I get sick of knowledge sims wanting their poor, timid family sim wife or husband to meet the aliens!  So completely unconcerned with their welfare!  Give me romance sims any time, they always know when it's time to feed the baby, bath the toddler etc!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 01, 00:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a couple of romance sims roll up that want.  One was pre-uni, the other was pre-nl.  It rolls up when they get home from work, particularly if they wear a uniform.  (Now that I think about it, both were in the police career). 

The first one was Bella Goth in Strangetown, who was already in the police career when she became playable.  The other was a born-in game sim in one of my own neighbourhoods.  He was career switching to earn rewards for his lot (and when I do that, I make them go all the way to the top of the career before I switch to the next career, otherwise it's just too easy for a uni graduate to get all the career rewards in a few days).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 01, 00:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first Sim I saw with that want was back when I only had Sims 2 basic and it was Don Lothario.  Then I notice Nina Caliente did pop it up too.  After I install Uni that want pop-up less often to be replace with the eternal cellphone/mp3/handheld want.  Now with Nightlife I started to see it pop-up back again.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 01, 00:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must say I get sick of knowledge sims wanting their poor, timid family sim wife or husband to meet the aliens!  So completely unconcerned with their welfare!

The way you put it, it's hilarious Cheesy. Me too, I get annoyed with knowledge sims rolling and spamming their want slots with 'Relative gets abducted' want after their own abduction. It stays there for days Sad.

Talk about unusual wants, I've had a YA get a want to 'Streak'. I've only seen it once though.

Any useful tips to get out of wants ruts more than welcome.

Well, you can try having them do what you would prefer them to be doing a few times, before fulfilling the want that has been clogging up the want slots, but I guess what they would want to do still depends a lot on their aspiration. For example, I want a Family sim to have wants regarding his/her own kids, so I have them interact a few times, then fulfil a want like 'talk to so-and-so', or I want a knowledge sim to get a gain a skill point want, so I have said knowledge sim gain a skill point first, then fufill one of their wants, so on and so forth. It's worth a try Undecided.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 01, 01:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen it once or twice with Pleasure Sims, but I think with Romance Sims I've only seen underwear (figures).  The alien want only comes up in my game after someone's been abducted, same with the vampire want only coming after someone's been turned.  The one I've never seen is to work in the cafeteria, I don't know if that's blocked by something such as the Uni clock or a similar mod, but I've never seen it once.  I've had one or two strange ones come up that I've never seen before, but only the once, so I can't remember what they were.

Weird things are happening in my new Pleasantview anyway.  Although I've seen someone mention it before, for the first time I saw a Sim open & shut the fridge door with the icon "Play With" (Dustin Broke, in aspiration failure).  I've also noticed that townie kids keep walking by lots during school hours, which has never happened before.  I also had one of the MATY Sims I downloaded come home from work with Mary-Sue and charm her, even though they had no lightning bolts.  I've never encountered this before without any bolts - the odd thing is that she accepted the flirt and got a memory of being unfaithful because of it.    Whether it's because the guy was Pleasure I don't know, but it still seems a bit odd.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 01, 01:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I had the cafeteria want repeatedly in a family sim with about §10 in the bank. My sims also play on fridge doors alot. That and jumping on couches.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 01, 02:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a poor Romance sim spin that want.  In fact, the whole de la Roche family, Romance Sim Jacques, elder parents Georges (Popularity) and Martine (Family) span play an instrument for tips, freestyle for tips, hustle pool, work as barista, work in cafeteria all in the same evening (just after they'd moved into a new house and had almost zilch in the kitty!  And since they couldn't afford a musical instrument, etc., they were left with freestyling!

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 01, 08:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims also play on fridge doors alot.

Wish that would happen in my game a lot. Seen it only just once with Angela Pleasant who followed Dustin home from school. I'd sold the pinball machine to do minor remodelling on the house, I guess she prefered the fridge to the little tv.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 01, 08:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims also play on fridge doors alot.

Wish that would happen in my game a lot. Seen it only just once with Angela Pleasant who followed Dustin home from school. I'd sold the pinball machine to do minor remodelling on the house, I guess she prefered the fridge to the little tv.

My sims usually do it if they're playful and are in the red of asparation.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 01, 19:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original Angela Pleasant is a pain in the a***!  Lucy Burb also does it, and goes and jumps on beds wherever she visits.  Once she grows up to teen she's ok, but she is a HORRIBLE child!

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 01, 23:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original Angela Pleasant is a pain in the a***!  Lucy Burb also does it, and goes and jumps on beds wherever she visits.  Once she grows up to teen she's ok, but she is a HORRIBLE child!

Oh yes, I remember Lucy Burb used to be addicted to bed-jumping.  Boing, boing, boing...luckily teens can't jump on beds.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 02, 00:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also fortunate that jumping on sofas is not autonomous! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 02, 01:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also fortunate that jumping on sofas is not autonomous! Grin

It can be in red aspiration. I've seen loads of sims jump on sofas too.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: