More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:38:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Name your top 5 Must Haves....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Name your top 5 Must Haves....  (Read 22017 times)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Name your top 5 Must Haves....
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 31, 16:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ps..
why i can't use number 3 on my nick ? Sad
i'm Max3D everyware Tongue
www.max3d.it/SimSite

JM doesn't like numbers in people's names, so that's why they are banned from the forum.

Sandilou, I totally agree...the director's cut is one download and therefore it is one item.  I wouldn't play without a majority of these hacks in the package.  Plus, I know that the reason my game is so slow is because of all the objects and all the recolours I have, not the hacks.
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 December 31, 17:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Insimenator
Inteeninmator
Mailbox Hack
No Shoo (from here I think)
Phone Hack

Thats pretty much does me for the game bwuaha.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 31, 17:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've to confess.. i didn't know "director's cut." but i'll test it now !  Cheesy
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 31, 17:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Top 5 Must haves for me are
 1) Quaxi's blur removal patch
  2)No whats this
   3) the insimenator
    4) toddler play with toilet fix by Two Jeffs
     5) toddler sleep through the night by Inge at similogical

but lets face it if I had to get rid of all CC but keep my hacks and fixes I would do so.I could live with fugly maxis but I cant live with the game annoyances and fubars that ultimaately lead to BFBVFS

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 31, 17:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1)  Quaxi's No Censor
2)  No What's This
3)  Merola's Multi-Painting
4)  Inge's Teleporter
5)  TJ's College Adjuster

Ooooh, but I could never limit myself to just 5!  That's like just eating 1 lays potato chip.  Wink

I must play with the JMP's director's cut, many of Crammyboy's and TJ's fixes, and my default nude skins and Crammyboy's naughty bits.  Wink 

Oh, wait, that didn't sound quite right. . .  (KR goes away mumbling. . . )
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 31, 18:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM doesn't like numbers in people's names, so that's why they are banned from the forum.

I never realized there were no numbers in anyone's username. Now, what's this thing about? I understand not wanting to have "simmygurl957023457", but, come on, not even one number?  Cheesy Or is it just to make sure there won't be a "J.M.Pescad0" or "J.M.P3scado"?  Wink

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 31, 18:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe JM just likes people to be individuals "I'm not a number, I'm a free man" (The Prisoner).

Zephyr Zodiac
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 31, 18:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Plans for World Domination

2. The More Awesome than you Folder

3. A Few TwoJeffs Hacks

4. A Few CRammyboy Hacks

5. A secret basement to hide the bodies of my horrible, inhumane experiments

Nothing big...
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 December 31, 18:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click here for the reason you aren't allowed to have numbers in names.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 December 31, 18:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, that was enlightening, thanks!  Grin

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 December 31, 18:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but lets face it if I had to get rid of all CC but keep my hacks and fixes I would do so.I could live with fugly maxis but I cant live with the game annoyances and fubars that ultimaately lead to BFBVFS

I want my cake and eat it too. I gotta have my cc, man. My game has to be nice to look at for me to want to play it.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 December 31, 18:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Critical fixes
2. Director's cut
3. Teleporter Shrub
4. Crammyboy's Fish Pillows
5. TwoJeffs Pregnancy for All Genders

Okay, so the first two are actually a bunch of seperate items, but I would be afraid to play the game without all the critical fixes. The most important non-critical fix out of the Director's cut is probably Macrotastics and accessories.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 December 31, 19:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, that was enlightening, thanks!  Grin

Definitely JM would have agreed with Number 6!

Zephyr Zodiac
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 December 31, 19:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. InSim
2. InTeen
3. Phone hack/Auto yakyak
4. Lot Debugger
5. No censor

I've really gotten used to the yellow burglar alarm from DMA sims too though.

I'm sure there are tons of others I'd really miss if I were without them.  I never even think before I stick a new usefull hack in but I think quite a bit before I put a new object or outfit into my folder.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 December 31, 20:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't use so many hacks before NL, but since NL, I've grown to depend on so many! 5, eh?

1. Quaxi's blur remover for sure! And with it CrammyBoy's penis of course!
2. bandcontroller_patch_V3.package cuz I love my musical insturments
3. Inge's Apt. system/lock doors.
4. Power_Espresso-SimCutie.package--could not survive Uni without it.
5 JM's phone hack

I also would hate to play without LizLove's bed and Danny66's girls and booths and Marvine and BBBs muscleman meshes, not a hack, but still..... And then there are the vampire hacks which I haven't played with very much yet and 2jeffs nofinals at night and the novel progress bar and the community lot skilling and Inge's nocommunity lot plate clearing and the dormgendercontroller and the no welfare hack...so many now...
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 December 31, 21:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would be more willing to remove downloaded custom clothes and custom hair and furniture recolors then any of the hacks/mods I use!

Most hacks/mods are small, it dosen't take much for them to load so I wouldn't give any of them up  Wink

I'd also keep custom makeup and my custom clothes!
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 January 01, 10:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, I HATE numbers like Jake749663 or those dumbassnames with 66xxCherieeXx66
it looks so tacky, but banning them? Lmao!
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 January 01, 10:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Most top fav's Are

1. Most of JM's mods
2. Most of TJ's mods
3. Christianlov Allinone stove and nanny painting.
4. Some of Inge's Mods
5.the Insim as well.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 January 01, 19:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, I HATE numbers like Jake749663 or those dumbassnames with 66xxCherieeXx66
it looks so tacky, but banning them? Lmao!

Not easy to type names like that!  I personally hated it when I tried to use my real name, and found there were loads of others with the same name (at least the abbreviated version) and I had to use my full name (which I hate) for my email address, or else tack on some number to it!  I like to feel I am an individual, not a number!

Zephyr Zodiac
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 January 01, 19:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In no particular order except for the first one.
  • No20kHandout - I worship this hack, I don't know what I ever did without it, and I can't for the life of me understand why it's not built into the game.
  • Shaklin's Vampire Mod - Vampires are just too dull without it.
  • No "What is this?" - This is one of those hacks you never think about until you try the without it.
  • Scanner gun hack - Without it I can never find that tiny thing when they hide it.
  • Daily Gardener - It doesn't take many plants before this is a must have.
  • Phone hack - I know that makes six...  But 3+3=5 for very small values of 3. Wink

I think those are the ones I wouldn't want to play without.  Some of them are tiny tweaks, but they fix things that annoy the hell out of me.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2006 January 02, 03:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh God... I am terrible at choosing my favourite 5 anything!

But I suppose they go as follows:
1) All the Critical Fixes from JMP, TwoJeffs & Crammyboy. Don't ask me to list them individually. I care too much about my game to have it explode.
2) The Phone Hack. Absolutely. Can't live without. Nightlife pre-NL Phone Hack was so frustrating.
3) Always Flush Toilets, by TwoJeffs. So important, with Sims 2 not having a self-flushing toilet (why not? Every house I had in The Sims had the expensive toilet for this reason! My poor families would save up so they could buy it as soon as possible!).
4) No "What's This?". Totally rocks. Such a little fix, but it makes the sims seem so much more sensible.
5) The Romance Mod. Fixes many broken behaviours.

For storytelling purposes, I'd add the Simlogical Teleporter Plus shrub & TwoJeffs' Movie Maker bonsai, without which, a large percentage of my photos wouldn't have been possible, or would have taken even more hours setting up & swearing at the computer than they did!

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 January 02, 03:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are mine and they are not in favorite order:

1- FFS lot debugger (for all the fixes it can do and mostly for the rerandomize sim generator and the possiblity to reroll boring LTW)
2- TJ college adjuster (University is not the same without it)
3- Nocommlotfoodserve (I hated it when the Sim would go all over the place to place a plate)
4- Noeatcrap II (finally my Sims go to work/school in time)
5- Merola's multi-painting (very useful to age a baby's fast (I hate the baby stage) and other useful tools)

And of course all the critical fixes that we cannot live without if we care about our game.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 02, 03:44:28 by MissDoh » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 January 02, 04:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3) Always Flush Toilets, by TwoJeffs. So important, with Sims 2 not having a self-flushing toilet (why not? Every house I had in The Sims had the expensive toilet for this reason! My poor families would save up so they could buy it as soon as possible!).

True, they seem to have missed that, and a lot of other nice stuff from Sims1 that could easily have been put into Sims2!  I used to really like the mechanical bull for getting body skills, and the way you could use both dining and lounge chairs aat the chess table!  I mean, if your chess board is in the lounge, why have dining chairs which don't match your three piece?

Zephyr Zodiac
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 January 02, 04:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides the critical fixes which are as essential as breathing here's my faves in no particular order-

1. TwoJeffs college adjuster/Pescado's college clock-at least one of these is essential in a Uni neighborhood so I don't die of boredom.
2. Merola's multi-painting-to change names and personalities that annoy me. It's bad enough to have a last name like Grunt, why add insult to injury by having a first name of Tank or Ripp? Lips sealed
3. Inge's teleporter painting-There are certain sims I want to hook up quickly. I don't have the patience to wait numerous Sim days for them to finally get the chance to meet. I also like giving the child townies a real home so they can grow up.
4. TwoJeffs triplets & quads hack-most of the time I pick "original" number of babies but for some families I have certain plans in their storyline. I don't have the patience to keep reloading right before "try for baby" to get the twin birth I'd wanted for a specific couple.
5. Merola's energizer painting-takes up a small amount of space. Dina Goth was my first pregnant sim I played and I nearly killed her twice. I don't have a home without this painting. Most of the time I try to handle all the needs on my own but it's nice to have this to fall back on.

There's also many of the annoyance fixes by Pescado and TwoJeffs that I can't live without.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2006 January 03, 20:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, they seem to have missed that, and a lot of other nice stuff from Sims1 that could easily have been put into Sims2!  I used to really like the mechanical bull for getting body skills, and the way you could use both dining and lounge chairs aat the chess table!  I mean, if your chess board is in the lounge, why have dining chairs which don't match your three piece?

It does, at least, look like we're getting the gnome bench back in Open For Business. I don't know why it's taken them so long to come up with something that builds Mechanical skill and is fun to use. Apart from reading, the only way to build Mechanical in the game as it is at the moment is either to fix stuff (which most sims hate) or to use the Medical career reward (which is locked, unless you have a relative in the Medical career or use a hacked collection).

We have a load of ways to build Body and Creativity, and even several ways of building Charisma, but only one method for Mechanical. It's unbalanced!

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: