More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:08:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Building Tutorials and/or Advice?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Building Tutorials and/or Advice?  (Read 19931 times)
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Building Tutorials and/or Advice?
« Reply #50 on: 2005 December 31, 20:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I'm not clear on how to use the build tool to get rid of terrain paints <scuffle> <waits for point and laugh>).

the same way you apply it except you press an hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard while doing it *just recently figured that out*

side note: I think almost everything can be removed in build mode using the Ctrl key but in my game atleast if I'm deleting stairs I must first select "the same type" of stairs in the catalog.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 December 31, 20:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's basically the same method as in sims1, but in sims 1 you could remove a whole room's walls in one go, but now you have to do it in sections if they were put in in sections. Useful most of the time, but a nuisance when you forget and leave one wall with the wrong wallpaper!  (Or none at all)

Zephyr Zodiac
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 December 31, 22:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I'm not clear on how to use the build tool to get rid of terrain paints <scuffle> <waits for point and laugh>).

the same way you apply it except you press an hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard while doing it *just recently figured that out*

side note: I think almost everything can be removed in build mode using the Ctrl key but in my game atleast if I'm deleting stairs I must first select "the same type" of stairs in the catalog.

That must be the stair removal trick I haven't known about!!!  Dare I say, "thanks!".
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 December 31, 23:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just used it to remove a set of stairs - and it was really annoying, as not one simoleon did my sims get in their coffers!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 January 01, 10:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That must be the stair removal trick I haven't known about!!!  Dare I say, "thanks!".

your welcome   Cheesy

Its the only way I can delete stairs...I demolished alot of Lots before I figured it out *sigh*
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 January 01, 19:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of us read the instructions! LOL!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 January 02, 01:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of us read the instructions! LOL!

I think alot of us do, that dosen't mean the directions give you all the information you need...

/from the TS2 directions booklet

To delete most architectural elements press "CONTROL" in combination with the selected tool. Architectural elements return their purchase price to your Sim's coffers no matter how long they have been in use.

and it says for staircases

To remove staircases, pick them using the Hand Tool and press DELETE

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 January 02, 01:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to check that sometime, but the instruction I remember was the first one, and I think I may have used delete as well, just found control was easier.

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 January 02, 01:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I was ever able to delete staircases without using the control key, though of course I don't remember exactly....damn it!  I'm going into the game to find out!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 January 02, 01:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Think I'll alt/tab too!  Maybe the control key is the one that means you don't get any money back!

Got it!  Control to remove modular stairs, delete to remove ordinary stairs.  (You only get the hand tool for those, the others you get a blue circle type icon.)  Guess Maxis didn't realise when they wrote the booklet how many of us would prefer the modular stairs!

Architectural elements return their purchase price to your Sim's coffers no matter how long they have been in use.

This is definitely a false statement!!!!!!
« Last Edit: 2006 January 02, 01:37:27 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 January 02, 01:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the CONTROL vs DELETE has to do with the type of stairs, theres two types with different stairs under those two types. To remove any stairs I have to first select the exact stairs (not just which type)

The stairs I had the most trouble deleting were the nasty green ones in the pre-built lots in the pleasantview n'hood (when I first started playing TS2) because I could not figure out what stairs they were  Roll Eyes  I couldn't delete those stairs even using "moveobjects on"  Once I figured out which stairs they were (by selecting each kind) I was able to get rid of them without having to demolish the lot *laughs*

edit - ZZ beat me, takes me forever to get my thoughts together  Tongue
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 January 02, 04:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it helped that my game was running at the time, and on a lot which had both kinds of stairs!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: