More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 15:51:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!  (Read 373103 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
« Reply #250 on: 2006 June 23, 15:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to recreate the situation in another house that did NOT have the problem. I found that I could place a tub without a controller in another room in the house without a problem. But if the tub is in the room that is adjacent to the bathroom, the problem occurs.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2006 June 23, 16:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Presmably because the two controllers are both locking on to the same sim.  I had a similar problem in adjacent bathrooms with adjacent toilets each side of the wall.

Trouble is that some of the Maxis dorms have all the ablutions together!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2006 June 23, 17:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had set up an old age home and set the room just outside the bathroom as a treatment room containing among other things a bathtub with no corresponding controller. I wanted them to use this when they had the "bubble bath" want or just to soak for some comfort. It was never intended for use by the BUY.
The reason BUY can't eject a sim under these conditions is that it sees that "outside" room as inside of another bathroom. Since BUY does not want to expel a sim into another bathroom, or an attached room of the same bathroom, it will not eject a sim into a room that contains a bathroom fixture: Terlet, showers, bathtubs, or showertubs. By doing this, you've eliminated all of the ejection options, so it can't eject.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2006 June 23, 17:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try getting rid of the bath and putting a hot-tub in instead!

Zephyr Zodiac
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2006 June 23, 17:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. I thought it only saw it as another bathroom if there was a BUY controller there. Learned something.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2006 June 23, 19:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It had to be done that way because otherwise, the controller would not be able to distinguish between shower compartments and "the outside", and would eject people into seperated shower rooms if you were operating a radial bathroom. That was no good, of course.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2006 June 23, 20:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bathroomusesyou.zip         23-Jun-2006 12:00   39K
So what's in today's update?
pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2006 July 26, 11:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado,

Speaking of bathtubs in the bathrooms and also considering the combined bathtub/shower units just wondering if you were going to update the BUY to tell sims to use the bathtub instead of the shower when comfort falls below a certain level and it is at night?  Because baths take longer than showers, not good to do before work. 

Thanks for a great mod,

Pcgeekri
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2006 July 27, 01:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll think about it, but comfort loss is so rare that it generally is never an issue unless you're operating a crafting bench, and then it's rarely synchronized with hygiene loss.

pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2006 July 27, 17:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, true.  Well the only sims with a serious comfort problem are the lazy ones.  Crafting benches and working out to get that next body skill point just zaps their comfort zone.  Now the sim wants to autonomously take a bath for comfort then the BUY grabs them and they end up in the shower.  Just a thought but maybe scan the lot for a hot tub which also takes care of both hygiene and comfort more especially comfort, this could be used with the skillinator also, maybe?

I'm not worthy,

Pcgeekri
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2006 July 27, 18:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM doesn't believe in lazy sims.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: 2006 July 31, 04:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sorta have a request/complaint. It seems like before, BUY would always kick out any sims that were loitering in the bathroom if they weren't ready to be used. This is sort of a mixed bag. It's great for automated processing... but on the other hand, if my uber neat sims want to autonomously clean anything inside there, they always get kicked out.

Now, I didn't care so much because I figured it was sort of a cut and dried situation. So I'd rather everyone get kicked out and if I wanted them to clean things, I'd do it via macro../clean or just queue them up manually. However... now I am finding that dormies are often falling asleep in the bathroom and they aren't being kicked out.

Is there anyway to:

a) kick out dormies from bathrooms so they don't fall asleep standing in the shower or blocking the terlets? I know I could probably easily install radios, but still, that means i have to do it for each bathroom on every lot and bleh. Tongue

I usually find this amusing... but I ended up with a deadlock situation where, I would manually queue up my sim to shoo the sleeping dormie away. But BUYstomps over that queue, trying to use them. Well... the dormie is standing in front of the damned terlet, preventing them from being used. So I pause, cancel BUY, try to shoo, wash, rinse, repeat ad nauseum. Roll Eyes I know I could just make them run over to some other bathroom. But then, there is still the deadlock when BUY tries to use a different dormie, and now the dormie is stuck standing around while the other dormie sleeps standing up blocking the terlet.

b) if it is possible to control when BUY stompinates commands, then can you make it

1. NOT stomp trying to shoo other sims out
2. NOT stomp sims who autonomously want to clean terlets and bathtubs?

Just a thought. I know these things can be fixed manually by directing sims to do other stuff and what not or just buying radios and whatever, but bleh I don't really want to have to buy radios for all my damned bathrooms or keep an eye out for sleeping sims who block terlets causing a deadlock situation like this. Tongue

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2006 July 31, 05:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, I didn't care so much because I figured it was sort of a cut and dried situation. So I'd rather everyone get kicked out and if I wanted them to clean things, I'd do it via macro../clean or just queue them up manually. However... now I am finding that dormies are often falling asleep in the bathroom and they aren't being kicked out.
Sims that try to randomly clean up the bathroom are conducting an unregistered blockade of the docking port which causes things to break down if someone needs to use that docking port. Thus they are not allowed to be in there. There is actually registered cleanup facility for the bathroom that is used by BRY maintenance workers.

a) kick out dormies from bathrooms so they don't fall asleep standing in the shower or blocking the terlets? I know I could probably easily install radios, but still, that means i have to do it for each bathroom on every lot and bleh. Tongue
Dormies are expelled from bathrooms, but motive failure invariably stomps all queues. If you have a regular parade of dormies passing out in your bathroom, consider the installation of bathroom music to insure that people cannot pass out there and become unresponsive to commands. Installing an anti-sleep aid will prevent sims from blockading the bathrooms to sleep in them.

I usually find this amusing... but I ended up with a deadlock situation where, I would manually queue up my sim to shoo the sleeping dormie away.
Use "Call Over" from the outside, Shoo is unreliable and does not always break the target out of actions.

Just a thought. I know these things can be fixed manually by directing sims to do other stuff and what not or just buying radios and whatever, but bleh I don't really want to have to buy radios for all my damned bathrooms or keep an eye out for sleeping sims who block terlets causing a deadlock situation like this. Tongue
Since dormies can't really be controlled and don't intelligently manage their motives, it is no more possible to keep them from passing out whenever they please than it is to keep them from pissing themselves all over the floor in spite of the presence of multiple bathrooms with automated processing. The only way to stop dormies from doing things in places that you don't want them to is to make the activity impossible. See: Radios in bathrooms. I suppose I could add a silent "wake all in room" pulse to prevent sims from sleeping in bathrooms, though.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2006 July 31, 05:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. NOT stomp sims who autonomously want to clean terlets and bathtubs?
I would like to see this as well.  I also had trouble even manually directing sims to clean the tub when using the APO set to deny Pass Through. 
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: 2006 July 31, 07:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims that try to randomly clean up the bathroom are conducting an unregistered blockade of the docking port which causes things to break down if someone needs to use that docking port. Thus they are not allowed to be in there. There is actually registered cleanup facility for the bathroom that is used by BRY maintenance workers.

But for those of us who don't use no privacy mods, it seems like sims who get called in to be used will shoo all other sims away. Maybe you can enable it for bathtubs at least, since BUY always pushes the terlet first. So any other sims in the bathroom won't block the first 'docking port' and will get shooed away when a sim is summoned by BUY.

Dormies are expelled from bathrooms, but motive failure invariably stomps all queues. If you have a regular parade of dormies passing out in your bathroom, consider the installation of bathroom music to insure that people cannot pass out there and become unresponsive to commands. Installing an anti-sleep aid will prevent sims from blockading the bathrooms to sleep in them.

Yeah, I figured that I could do that, I'm just lazy about doin it. I guess I'll have to include that in my pre-prep dorm renovations when I install BUY and rearrange the bathrooms for better processing.

Use "Call Over" from the outside, Shoo is unreliable and does not always break the target out of actions.

Ahh... but see, if the dormie is asleep, there are no Call Over interactions available. Just shoo, which they won't respond to. Tongue

I suppose I could add a silent "wake all in room" pulse to prevent sims from sleeping in bathrooms, though.

That might be a cool idea, to have the pulse built into BUY so we don't have to always remember to equip dorm bathrooms with anti-sleep deterrents. That would be even more awesome.  Grin

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2006 July 31, 07:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that would be awesomer.  Cheesy
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2006 August 18, 03:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a woman in aspiration failure. She was starving but too sleepy to eat so I sent her to caffeinate. Then I started generating errors so fast it was difficult to get the cheat window open to turn off testingcheats.

I've included 2 logs. The one generated first then the other one was the repeated errors so I just included one example of it.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 18, 17:34:51 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2006 August 18, 14:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did hitting Reset not help?
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2006 August 18, 14:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hit reset and managed to get the game paused. Then every time I hit reset another error popped up so fast that it was difficult to hit the combo necessary to open the window.

It was reset>oops, not fast enough>reset>darn>reset>$%*#!>reset

Finally the window opened. I type "t-" to close testing cheats. It was t>reset - >reset>enter.

Her stats hit zero energy while she was pouring the coffee and then the errors started. Her fun was zero and her hunger was in the dark orange.

I spawned motive monitor and gave her 25% energy, not to cheat but to get her away from the errors of the cappucino machine. Then I saved because I don't know what my next move should be and was waiting to find out what was causing the error. I don't want her to die because of errors, only of her own stupidity.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2006 August 18, 17:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The error appears to pertain to an outdated version of the sleep clock, since it does not match the currently existing code. Make sure you're using the most updated versions of things or else things will go wrong.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2006 August 18, 17:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hit reset and managed to get the game paused. Then every time I hit reset another error popped up so fast that it was difficult to hit the combo necessary to open the window.

It was reset>oops, not fast enough>reset>darn>reset>$%*#!>reset

Finally the window opened. I type "t-" to close testing cheats. It was t>reset - >reset>enter.

Her stats hit zero energy while she was pouring the coffee and then the errors started. Her fun was zero and her hunger was in the dark orange.

I spawned motive monitor and gave her 25% energy, not to cheat but to get her away from the errors of the cappucino machine. Then I saved because I don't know what my next move should be and was waiting to find out what was causing the error. I don't want her to die because of errors, only of her own stupidity.

I know what you mean.  If you have testing cheats on, you can drag their mood bars using the mouse, did you know that?

I am not sure what is causing this error, but I remember now that I had a similar problem with an employee at Club Dante, and I put one finger on pause, and the other on the mouse to hit "Reset."  While the game was paused, I made him selectable, dragged his energy bar up about a quarter of the way, and then unpaused.  It didn't fix the problem permanently, though, because it happened again when his energy got low enough.  I think JM made some updates in the BRY.  But I got around it that time by using Inge's please yourself plant and assigning it to him to keep energy around neutral.  I haven't played that lot in ages though.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 18, 17:51:49 by rainbow » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: 2006 August 22, 03:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance you're still considering that built-in wake up pulse upgrade? I have sleepy dormies passin out in the bathroom. I've even had two dormies pass out in the same bathroom. Tongue

I suppose I could use my *cough* hard earned cash to remodel the dorm, but I usually remodel before I move my playables in, that way they don't get penalized for the remodeling that isn't specficailly beneficial to them.

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2006 August 22, 04:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, right. That. Yes, I should go do that.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2006 August 23, 17:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I updated BUY and made sure that I had the latest macrotastics. I went into the game and it ran ok since it was night time. (I saved as the last sim was getting in bed).

In the morning when they started waking up (with BUY controller in their queue) the game crashed to the desktop.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2006 August 23, 17:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the morning when they started waking up (with BUY controller in their queue) the game crashed to the desktop.
Cannot reproduce error. What version of game are you running, and does this happen consistently on all lots?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: