More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:21:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!  (Read 373148 times)
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
Re: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
« Reply #175 on: 2006 June 05, 12:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is one bathroom downstairs pretty much in the center of the floor plan, so he is always near the bathroom.  The upstairs bathroom are more above the garage than the central living space so I wouldn't consider him beneath those if that is what you meant.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2006 June 05, 12:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I was thinking that if there was a certain percentage of the bladder bar that you set BUY to activate at, maybe that had an issue?  Undecided)
That percentage is much, much lower than described, and never triggers unless Seek mode is actually on.

Is the sim near the bathroom when it happens?  Or directly underneath?
Bathroom Uses You is not location-sensitive.

Nope.  Haven't used the power idle on him.  He will be doing everyday Sim things; playing chess, talking to another Sim etc. and then run for it.  I will play more tonight and see if I can find a common denominator.  Since I just recently got this hack I thought it was normal behaviour until I saw PlayLives discussing it.
Yes, but what did you tell them to do that triggered this? None of the Skill or Soc commands should cause this behavior. Are you losing your queue when this happens, or does it insert itself to the end of the queue like when Seek fires?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2006 June 05, 12:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll just pay closer attention tonight and see if I can find a trigger.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2006 June 05, 13:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: ZephyrZodiac on Today at 07:41:51 AM
Is the sim near the bathroom when it happens?  Or directly underneath?
Bathroom Uses You is not location-sensitive.

I realise this, it's just that I wondered, if the sim had no instructions, and was near a bathroom, he might have picked the toilet as his most urgent need, had it been the karaoke machine, then he would no doubt have picked that.

Zephyr Zodiac
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2006 June 06, 08:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I was having this very problem a little while ago.

I thought it was fixed with a macrotastics update, but since then (and another macrotastics update) the problem has re-presented itself.

The 'endless loop' that MistyBlue is talking about is that when a sim is being used by the controller, if another sim is queued up by the controller to use the bathroom, after the first sim finishes his 'business' in the bathroom, he becomes 'stuck' and won't be ejected out of the bathroom by the controller and the icon on the screen that represents him being used by the controller, 'flashes' for want of a better word. So what I do to get him out of the bathroom is just press on an empty floor space and tell him to 'go here'.

It is an annoyance, especially if you're not watching at all times and you find sims going into bladder failure due to this problem.

Quoting myself I know but after testing, the problem hasn't rectified itself and remains the same as described above.

Perhaps if MistyBlue and Zephyr Zodiac test and report problem fixed, I might have to look into any un-awesome hacks I have that may be conflicting.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2006 June 06, 09:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has the new version fixed it? I was able to reproduce the problem in the old version, but the new version should have fixed that, at least in testing. Make sure the doors are operational, and try moving the existing TPs in and out to reset them. Some of them may still be in "give up" mode.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2006 June 06, 10:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has the new version fixed it? I was able to reproduce the problem in the old version, but the new version should have fixed that, at least in testing. Make sure the doors are operational, and try moving the existing TPs in and out to reset them. Some of them may still be in "give up" mode.

Ok so when you say "make sure the doors are operational" what do you mean exactly? They are Maxis doors only.

I deleted the existing TPs and put new ones in to the bathroom after downloading your new version, which I'm sure would be equal to you  saying "try moving the existing TPs in and outreset them"...yes?

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2006 June 06, 10:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so when you say "make sure the doors are operational" what do you mean exactly? They are Maxis doors only.

Maxian doors pointing (i.e. opening) outwards.

Let the Beast inside you free!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2006 June 06, 10:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Testing shows that it works perfectly. Make sure that the ejection ports are not blocked, diagonal doors are preferrably not used, and finally, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NOT PULLED A NESS!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2006 June 06, 13:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always found that Windkeeper's sliding doors work, diagonals too.  And I never see the stuck sim problem if they are queued to do something else, it's mostly when they are in Idle mode that it happens.  But I'll close my game and try the new one.

Zephyr Zodiac
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2006 June 06, 14:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the latest version of BYU. Is it for OFB only? Whenever I enter a house and take it off of pause the game crashes after a few seconds with the message "this application has crashed". After several hours of reloading the game to pinpoint the problem, it came down to the latest BYU. I rolled back to the last version and everything is fine again.

I ran with testingcheatsenabled but didn't get any error message, just the crash to the desktop. Unless Sims2Exception logs contain info you can use as those logs are the only ones that match the time of attempted play.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2006 June 06, 14:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's fixed in my game, but now I have the other problem of the sim cueing up to use the bathroom when his bladder is near full. It seems like he does it because he has nothing else to do...?? Does that sound right? I also had visitor over that kept idling outside the bathroom. They'd walk in, get booted out, idle, and repeat. I still prefer it this way. At least I don't have to watch them use the bathroom anymore.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2006 June 06, 14:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the latest version of BYU. Is it for OFB only? Whenever I enter a house and take it off of pause the game crashes after a few seconds with the message "this application has crashed". After several hours of reloading the game to pinpoint the problem, it came down to the latest BYU. I rolled back to the last version and everything is fine again.
Grr. That problem is back again? Lemme try something else....

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2006 June 06, 15:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried resetting the BC but my sims were still getting stuck especially if in Power Idle, they'd just stand there instead of being ejected.  (This bathroom has normal, not diag, Maxis OFB doors.)  My game didn't crash though.

Returned to game, sold Controller, bought new one, everything now seems to be working fine.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 06, 17:27:11 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2006 June 06, 23:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxian doors pointing (i.e. opening) outwards.

Yes doors are opening outwards

Testing shows that it works perfectly. Make sure that the ejection ports are not blocked, diagonal doors are preferrably not used, and finally, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NOT PULLED A NESS!

Ports are not blocked, I don't have diagonal doors and I presume "puuling a Ness' means make sure I have the latest version? I do.

I have the other problem of the sim cueing up to use the bathroom when his bladder is near full.

Still happening in my game too.

ETA: Just noticed the June 6 version of this (Bloody time difference!!! LOL)....will test and see if problems are resolved.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2006 June 06, 23:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I said it's working fine - which it was, then I changed to a different hood, brand new family, new house, new everything, and sims are getting stuck - not only does the bc sign flash in their queue, but the have the jitters!  Only happens when there's nothing else in their queue.

Incidentally, if they're in Power Idle, they eat, and then wander of to sit on the sofa leaving a tableful of dirty dishes - and these are neat sims.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2006 June 07, 11:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ports are not blocked, I don't have diagonal doors and I presume "puuling a Ness' means make sure I have the latest version? I do.

No, 'pulling a Ness' means you somehow ended up with more than one copy of the same hack and an older copy is hiding somewhere in your Downloads folder/sub-folders.

Oh, and I noticed last night that sims are still running to the bathroom with nearly full bladders.  I was playing Uni, and two different sims in two different dorms went running to the bathroom when they got home from class, even though their respective bladders were more than 3/4 full. I have the latest version of BUY (6/6).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2006 June 08, 11:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are you having them do at the time? That's definitely not part of any macro.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2006 June 08, 11:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I tried the 6.06 version, and sims are still getting stuck unless I queue something for them to do, but it only happens if another sim is waiting their turn.  So it's more a problem with big families having to share a bathroom than with couples, or wealthier sims with two or three bathrooms, since there isn't usually a queue then.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2006 June 08, 11:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I tried the 6.06 version, and sims are still getting stuck unless I queue something for them to do, but it only happens if another sim is waiting their turn.  So it's more a problem with big families having to share a bathroom than with couples, or wealthier sims with two or three bathrooms, since there isn't usually a queue then.
You're certain about this? Because I explicitly tested this case, and it definitely will kick out the other sim.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2006 June 08, 12:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'm certain, they freeze and stand there, then start to go jittery, and the icon does too.  It's usually, though not always, after taking a shower, and it's not a new mesh, although sometimes it's a recolour.  It seems to be the cheap shower, haven't tried with the expensive one as so far these sims can't afford it.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2006 June 08, 12:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this happen every time you queue two people to one bathroom, or is there a specific set of circumstances this happens in?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2006 June 08, 12:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are you having them do at the time? That's definitely not part of any macro.

In most cases, nothing -- i didn't have anything queued up after they got back from class.  They would stand around by the portal for a few sim minutes, the BUY icon would pop up, and they'd run to the bathroom, even with almost full bladders.  And I saw it happen in some houses, too, when a sim comes home from work and doesn't have anything in the queue.  The common thread seems to be an empty queue.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2006 June 08, 12:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's obviously not seek mode, so I'm guessing the sim decided to putz with the bathroom on its own, probably for lack of anything else to do, and promptly fell under the Bathroom Uses You influence for processing. This is thus intended: Sims are not autonomously allowed to use bathroom objects without proper check-in procedures.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2006 June 08, 12:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, but this is very recent behavior where it's so dominant its obvious.  In the past, sims with nothing in their queue would do other autonomous things like listen to their mp3 players, go eat, or do some skilling task using an object that's closer to them than the bathroom (i.e., telescope, chess board) -- anything but  run to the bathroom with nearly full bladders and high hygene scores.  I do play with free will on, but I also make sure to turn Power Idle on for every sim so they do something generally useful if I'm tied up elsewhere.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: