More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 13:13:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Lot Sync Timer: All BlueSoups Suck Edition
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot Sync Timer: All BlueSoups Suck Edition  (Read 352637 times)
Mulege
Re: Lot Sync Timer: All BlueSoups Suck Edition
« Reply #200 on: 2006 August 03, 05:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you fill the hour glass with sand? Huh<a href="http://" target="_blank">http://</a>
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2006 August 03, 22:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you fill the hour glass with sand? Huh<a href="http://" target="_blank">http://</a>
There have been many requests for a recolor, but no one has figured out how to recolor just the fluid since this is cloned from the Elixir aspiration reward.  And as JM himself has said, he has no Skills of an Artist.  He just manipulates code.  Wink
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2006 August 03, 22:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the skills of an artist, but not of a mesher or coder.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2006 August 20, 09:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a calendar shoul be more easy to be placed on a house  than that huge sand-glass Tongue

JM what did you think about it ?
we shall remeshing it ?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2006 August 21, 00:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like something that fits under the foundation or at least that wouldn't disappear with the walls down, because I play wtih the walls down quite a bit.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2006 August 21, 08:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there are also paint that will remain visibile also with the hidden walls...
i'll steal a calendar somewhere an i will prepare mesh and texture.. the rest will depends on JM
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: 2006 September 02, 02:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am puzzled with regard to the Time Warp function.  When I finally got all my lots onto the same neighbourhood day and remembered about it (took a while for the two to tally), it was Day 36.  I started all the original lots at 8am on Monday on Day 0 and it therefore became Day 1 at 6pm on Monday.  Day 1 continued through to 6pm on Tuesday (the weekday changing at midnight, obviously) and Day 2 was Tuesday/Wednesday.  By the same token, Day 3 was Wednesday/Thursday and so on.  As a result of this, I make it that at 6pm on Day 36 it should have been a Monday, changing to Tuesday at midnight.

However, when I went into these original lots, the ones before midnight were on Tuesday and the ones after midnight were on Wednesday.  I genuinely can't see how this can be right, but presumably it must be if they were all like it.  Can someone please explain to me which of these is correct and if it's Tuesday/Wednesday, tell me where I'm going wrong?  I've looked at it every which way and I just can't get it to anything but Monday at 6pm on Day 36.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2006 September 02, 04:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... I'm getting Monday at 6 as well.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2006 September 02, 18:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not understand the question.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2006 September 04, 20:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am puzzled with regard to the Time Warp function.  When I finally got all my lots onto the same neighbourhood day and remembered about it (took a while for the two to tally), it was Day 36.  I started all the original lots at 8am on Monday on Day 0 and it therefore became Day 1 at 6pm on Monday.  Day 1 continued through to 6pm on Tuesday (the weekday changing at midnight, obviously) and Day 2 was Tuesday/Wednesday.  By the same token, Day 3 was Wednesday/Thursday and so on.  As a result of this, I make it that at 6pm on Day 36 it should have been a Monday, changing to Tuesday at midnight.

However, when I went into these original lots, the ones before midnight were on Tuesday and the ones after midnight were on Wednesday.  I genuinely can't see how this can be right, but presumably it must be if they were all like it.  Can someone please explain to me which of these is correct and if it's Tuesday/Wednesday, tell me where I'm going wrong?  I've looked at it every which way and I just can't get it to anything but Monday at 6pm on Day 36.

If you started with Day 0 on a Monday, then Day 0 goes until Monday 6pm, at which point it becomes Day 1.  Based on this, Day 36 goes from Monday 6:01 pm to Tuesday 6 pm.  If all your lots are showing Day 36, then all your lots should be somewhere between Monday 6:01 pm and Tuesday 6 pm.  I would suggest changing the ones that show a time later than Tuesday at 6 pm manually using the time warp so that they all fall within this range before you go any further.

I have been using the lot sync timer since it was first released and my lots are now transitioning to day 69.  It definitely works, as long as you set all the lots up correctly in the first place.

Karen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2006 September 05, 03:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally don't try to organize the entire neighborhood so Day X is always the same day of the week on every lot. The reason for this is that if you do, you're going to get heavy "clumping", where tons of children will be conceived between 1500-2100 Wednesday, which is the optimal time to do it. If that day is the *SAME* day # on every lot, then you're going to get a large gap between university classes, which will thus come in waves at 7 day intervals, making it harder to keep a Greek house continously populated.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2006 September 05, 05:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a calendar shoul be more easy to be placed on a house  than that huge sand-glass Tongue

we shall remeshing it ?

Was this going to happen? *curious*

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2006 September 05, 10:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally don't try to organize the entire neighborhood so Day X is always the same day of the week on every lot. The reason for this is that if you do, you're going to get heavy "clumping", where tons of children will be conceived between 1500-2100 Wednesday, which is the optimal time to do it. If that day is the *SAME* day # on every lot, then you're going to get a large gap between university classes, which will thus come in waves at 7 day intervals, making it harder to keep a Greek house continously populated.

But if you're using Twojeffs' Casual Romance, this sort of "clumping" is less likely, because you're not the one making the decision on when to try for baby. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2006 September 05, 10:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But if you're using Twojeffs' Casual Romance, this sort of "clumping" is less likely, because you're not the one making the decision on when to try for baby.
Yeah, and I'm *REAAALLY* going to leave a critical timing decision up to a random number generator. Nobody does anything without the proper authorization. Period. You have any idea what the abortion rate would be like if I did? Note how I have decisions like this pegged to the exact hour.

minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2006 September 05, 11:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason for this is that if you do, you're going to get heavy "clumping", where tons of children will be conceived between 1500-2100 Wednesday, which is the optimal time to do it.

JM, what makes Sim conception between 1500-2100 optimal?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2006 September 05, 12:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Timing. 73 hours pregnancy, 72 hours baby, 72 hours toddler. The toddler becomes a child on a sunday, you invite the headmaster the same day, and the child enrolls in the skillpoint-giving private school on monday. No days are wasted.
travellersside
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2006 September 05, 12:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From another thread

As a general rule of thumb, there's a window of optimal conception for sim-children, beginning Wednesday 1800 and running until approximately early Friday morning. Children conceived within this window, and aged immediately out of the baby stage the moment the option is available (you can use the Automated Baby Controller, while holding the baby at the appropriate time, to do this without the annoyance of a finicky and unreliable cake), will be able to enjoy a full 4 day toddler period for maximum skill gain opportunities, and transition to childhood automatically during a weekend with at least one day to spare for the Headmaster. Otherwise, you're going to have to shortchange things by aging via cake or Grow Up sometime after 1000 on the last day. This means you'll immediately lose a day of childhood as the clock will increment again at 1800 that same day. Not such a good deal.

So remember: Wednesday night to Friday morning. That's the time to try for babies.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2006 September 05, 14:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi and travellersside, since I am non-awesome and not good MATY material, I am allowed to say thank you for the information. (I understand that it is non-awesome to say thank you on this board). And yes I do know about the thanks button.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2006 September 06, 06:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't be that organised! My sims give birth as and when, most don't even go to private school, just like real life - some get a lucky start, some don't.  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2006 September 06, 06:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims max out their skillpoints too fast as it is (at least in my opinion).  No smartmilk, no thinking cap, and still that's a problem.  The only solution I can see is to either stop micromanaging so much (I'm trying, I really am!) or to stop sending them to college so they don't get all those extra skilling days (but that's so unacceptable that I'll forget that's an option).  The last thing I need is to give my toddlers an extra day of toddlerhood or give my children an extra day of private school.  Thus, my sim have spawn whenever I/they feel like it.

MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2006 September 06, 14:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

we shall remeshing it ?

Was this going to happen? *curious*

i've made the new mesh with a working calendar but JM didn't support me enough so i've aborted the project Sad
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2006 September 06, 15:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've made the new mesh with a working calendar but JM didn't support me enough so i've aborted the project Sad

aww. I was really hoping for something not so large and bright green and unhidable.

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

Official THANG and Insular Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: 2006 September 06, 18:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nobody does anything without the proper authorization. Period. You have any idea what the abortion rate would be like if I did? Note how I have decisions like this pegged to the exact hour.

Timing. 73 hours pregnancy, 72 hours baby, 72 hours toddler. The toddler becomes a child on a sunday, you invite the headmaster the same day, and the child enrolls in the skillpoint-giving private school on monday. No days are wasted.

And they say romance is dead. Tongue

I am a compulsive post-editor. Any and all of the above is subject to change, within the first 15 minutes or so after it is posted. (Or longer, if I'm trying to make it funny.)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2006 September 06, 19:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't play TS2 like a strategy game myself. Way too boring *g*.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: 2006 September 07, 09:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So remember: Wednesday night to Friday morning. That's the time to try for babies.

Do you recommend that in real life, also?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: