More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:41:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Uni Questions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uni Questions  (Read 4444 times)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Uni Questions
« on: 2005 December 19, 23:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never played the university that had the fraternity and sorority in it. Are they different from the dorms or just dorms for supposedly one gender?

How do I make "dormies" so the game doesn't generate new ones? I know I can put in the nodormieregen hack, but how to I create the dormie pool? Is it as easy as making a YA and then making them a "townie"?

Thanks bunches!
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Uni Questions
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 19, 23:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fraternities and sororities can have both genders, although the ones that come with the game just have one. They're different from dorms in that you can't move your sim directly into them, and there are some other differences -- like, if you have a greek house, those sims will probably never have to cook because, after class, they'll bring pizza back with them. Sometimes they'll randomly leave the lot to get pizza, or to go somewhere else and steal a pinball machine to bring back, or something. I think more people walk by the lot, and that all needs except fun and social decay more slowly. They can also throw toga parties, and sleep on the floor.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 19, 23:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say the greek houses are more like private houses that hold a fair number of people than dorms. They got separate or shared (2 people I think) bedrooms and then communal areas for cooking and playing and all. The pre-built ones have swimming pools and/or hot tubs or some other fairly nice types of things. Being in one has quite a few advantages.

There's nothing actually stopping you from making them co-male and female if you like... they're just traditionally divided by gender.

To make dormies, you can use the testing cheat and make them a dormie (you have to choose the right category... I've only really seen this once and would suck at explaining it, but I'm sure someone knows.) I don't know if there's a hack to do it, which would be a whole lot easier, like there is for townies. If you find one, I want it too Smiley

Unsouper
Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 19, 23:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you can use Inge's teleporter to make dormies, as they should just be on-campus young adult townies.  Crank out a batch of eight in Create-A-Student, plop them on a temporary campus lot that has Inge's shrub, and make them townies.

---
Torkle
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 20, 00:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you make YA townies, the automatically become University students, and will come invade your dorms when you are ready for them.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 20, 02:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool! I had wondered the same thing, looks like I'll be busy making new dormies *installs nodormieregen*
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 20, 02:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, any house can become a Greek House, even when there isn't one already, and if your sim phones up and asks for Greek House status they get all the benefits without all the hassle of joining an existing Greek House.

The main drawback to Greek Houses is if you have a sim living in one who falls for a sim living in another, one can't move in with the other without moving out of the Greek house and into either a non-Greek House or dorm first.  Once they are a member of one Greek House, they can't become a member of a different one.

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 20, 04:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a stupid question.

Since I did not had any Sim join a greek house yet, is there a possibitlity a greek house member loose its membership? like they get kicked out of the fraternity?  Or once a member always a member?
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 20, 05:44:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they stay a member forever.  One little trick though.  I use a greek house in my prosperity challenge, and have to use a "placeholder" to keep the house open, and move her out when new students come in.  Once you move the placeholder out, it will go to the sim bin.  You cannot move the sim back into the greek house from the sim bin.  You have to move the sim to a dorm or house then call>greek house>move to greek house.  They have not lost their status, they just have to move in by phone.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 20, 05:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh that is just too bad, it would might have been a fun feature to have let say for example that a greek house member would become furious with all the members it lives with, they could have a reunion and kick a member out that way... Oh well.... I guess they did not thought of that one....
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 20, 05:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you could probably kick someone out of the actual house, but they would still be a member.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 20, 05:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kick by making it move out or by the members themselves?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 20, 06:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it would be possible for the other members to kick the sim out, since I think that's only available to married sims who break up.  I suppose they could make that sim really miserable so they go right down into the red, but I've never seen the Move Out want at Uni, it only used to apply to newly transitioned adults wanting to leave the parental home.  I think if they don't go to college, they still get that want, but not otherwise.

The only way you can get a sim to be a member of a different Greek House is, first move them out, then move them to a dorm and get them enough money to rent a lot.  They can then apply for Greek House status for the new lot, and lose the membership of the old one.  If you then move them out again, put them in a dorm, they can move in by phone, and it will be the new house they move to, not the original one.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: