More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 15:16:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Simysteries - anyone know why.......?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Simysteries - anyone know why.......?  (Read 37210 times)
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Simysteries - anyone know why.......?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 20, 00:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use InSIM to change interests if I need to for a better LTW (rerolling the LTW using JMs lot debugger)

edit - I also have JMs Greater LTW Variety & Sanity mod
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 December 20, 02:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I found virtually all my sims wanted to be celebrity chefs when I had the mod installed, as it doesn't work for CAS sims, which mine mostly are.  And I've never found changing interests had much effect, it's far more down to aspiration with just a touch of personality. 
Talking of which, I had something very odd happen in my game tonight!  Micky Ho and Rick Steel each have an alien baby (Rick because he's knowledge and wanted to meet aliens, Micky Ho because he's a Romance sim with high fun levels who got to the telescope before I could stop him.  Well, Rick,s baby was by this time a child, and Micky Ho's a toddler.  He had two vacation days left, it was Friday and bothr of them were due to go to work, so I cancelled Micky Ho's queue so he could stay home and finish skillbuilding.  So Rick loses his queue and says "I know I have other responsibilities, but I can't leave the little ones unattended" and I couldn't click on the team bus to send him to work, but I was able to send Micky Ho, who had just been up all night, instead!  The only explanation I have is that Rick is Pisces and a frustrated Family sim!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 20, 04:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zephyr is David a popularity Sim?  If not even if you reroll LTW 1000 times Military (becoming a general) will never appear since it is a LTW related to popularity Sims only unless you have JM Greater LTW hacks which is based on completely different things, so I don't even know if the military LTW could appear by using that hack.  Personally I use the FFS lot debugger to reroll lame LTW, sometimes it can take up to 10 shots before I get what I want but I do get a nice variety in the game (but all are related to their aspirations).

Personally, I think the LTW a Sim have is totally random and it has nothing to do with the personality or interest, it is only related to the aspiration they follow.  The reason I say this is simply because after a complete reinstall of the game I did not want all the pre-made Sims to have the same LTW which the game does if you are not careful.  So what I did is for Dina and Nina for example I loaded the lot and from the second the wants started to spin I hit pause, look at their LTW and if I did not like it I went back to neighborhood view withtout saving and reloaded the lot and most of the time both or 1 of them would have a different LTW.  It does not work for Sims created in CAS though, once they are place on a lot the LTW will be fix but I put a back-up in which some sims were still in the bin and when I place them in a house they add different LTW then the 1st time I placed them.  I am good at noticing those stupid things in the game lol.  The same applies when you use the renuy-u-orb, if you reload the same lot without saving and choose the same aspiration your Sim won't get the same LTW, did it many times before the FFS lot debugger NL version was out.

Remember about a month ago I mention I was putting back my back-up every two weeks well this is how I got to notice this.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 20, 05:20:40 by MissDoh » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 20, 06:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missdoh, David was originally a Romance sim, but I changed his aspiration to popularity to try and get their relationship up to 2 or 3 lightning bolts.  He's always been in the Military career, mainly I think because when I first created this family Uni wasn't out and therefore there were no LTWs to worry about.  I just got him the best paid job available that day, and although he is a very lazy Libra, once he got the Assault Course I had no trouble getting him to peak fitness.  It's also one of the few careers which have no cleaning demands!  I also happen to think the military is a good career for romance sims anyway!  But since making him Popularity I've rerolled his LTW loads of times, and everything but Become General appears - and he'd hate all the cleaning he'd need for the Police or Culinary careers!  So I had to settle for 20 Best Friends!

It is actually possible to reroll an LTW for CAS sims if you have the Nowhatsthis mod installed, as they tend to stay on the sidewalk and chat, which gives you time to exit and get them back in the bin and try again.  Once they go into the house, I think it stays fixed. 

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 20, 06:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the problem is that most of my Sims lives alones when I move them in a house so unless they would talk to the bunny they have no Sim to talk too.  Tongue

Did you try to change their LTW with both college clock adjuster and FFS lot debugger?  Maybe one of them will finally give you what you want, I find it weird after so many tries that you did not succeed and have one question for you:  does any of your Sim actually have the LTW of becoming a general?  I don't know if by quitting and reloading the game it would make a difference but it does when you don't use hacks.  When you start the game, every new Sims you create will have the same lazy LTW unless you force it by restarting it or using hacks.  Same with pre-made Maxis ones, I got tired of having all the Sims wanting to be in the athletic or culinary career so I worked on a way around it but eventhough, unless I quit and restart the game (or load another neighborhood and come back), the game would give me the same LTW over and over again....  It is like when you start the game it picks automaticaly 2 random LTW for each aspirations, it does drives me nuts! 

Thanks to FFS lot debugger and college adjuster.  Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 20, 06:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I've had plenty of Popularity sims wanting to be Generals.  (Also the occasional Family Sim).  And funnily enough, although he's lazy, he rolled Hall of Famer a few times!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 20, 22:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use InSIM to change interests if I need to for a better LTW (rerolling the LTW using JMs lot debugger)

edit - I also have JMs Greater LTW Variety & Sanity mod

I have those, too, but I try not to use the InSim for anything but checking pregnancy status and getting mt same-sex couples pregnant.  I use some of the other stuff to fix problems that crop up (game glitches) but for what I'm doing I'm trying to stick with the basic game (as much as possible).

And even with JM's mods, I don't always get what I think would be best for a sim.  A knowledge sim with high neatness should be a mad scientist.  A family sim with high neatness should want to be Captain Hero.  I seem to be getting a lot of celebrity chef wants, have 20 best friends, earn $100,000, (depending on aspiration, of course).  But even my knowledge sims don't roll up mad scientist much anymore.  They mostly want to max out 7 skills, which isn't that hard even without using the thinking cap.  And they also seem to want to be celebrity chefs, which is fine and in accordance with JM's mods and, for some, their parents' careers.  But it still seems like the LTW should take more of their personality into consideration.

The one nice thing about the more general LTW is that those sims who roll up, say, max. 7 skills, can go into ANY job, so I can easily place them in a Uni career like natural science and get them to be an ecological guru and still achieve their LTW.

I just think it would be nice to be able to choose from, say 3 or 4 LTWs at the time you choose their aspiration - like when they become a teen or at Uni when you are asked if you want to change their aspiration.  That way, you could make it as easy or difficult as you want!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 20, 22:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

High neatness is not necessarily mad scientist thing. That's not the precursor for mad scientist: A desire to be mad scientist comes through a moderate interest in Sci-Fi and Paranormal, based on the actual activities of Mad Scientists.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 December 20, 22:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So maybe if I increase David's interest in politics he might roll the Become General LTW?  I hate having to get them to change careers before they've reached the top of one!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 December 20, 22:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He won't suddenly change LTWs, but that could be what he wants after you finish this one, if you alter his interests. However, General is not a core LTW to Knowledge, so you'll only see it unlock if someone in his family has or is retired from that job.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 December 20, 22:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, sorry, JM, David was originally romance, then I changed him to Popularity, so he has the right aspiration for General, just won't roll the LTW.  I wonder, though, if increasing his mechanical beyond what is required might do the trick?

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 December 20, 22:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand that the interests play a lot in determining what the LTW will roll.  But there are 3 careers which need high cleaning skills (from the base game), 4 which need high body skills, and so on.  So it would make sense if a neat sim rolled one of the careers that required high cleaning, an active sim rolled one that required high body, etc.  And likewise a sloppy sim shouldn't want to be COS or MS or CH, or maybe the likeliness of rolling that LTW should be lower.

I remember the first time I played Don Lothario and found he was in the medical career.  Since I was just starting out and learning how to play, I thought it was odd at the time that such a slob was in a career that required high cleaning skills.  I kept telling him, "Hey, you're the one who wants a promotion!  Stop complaining and mop up that mess you left in the bathroom!"

I guess I just need to have them read about the things that will raise their interests where they need to for certain careers.

Dam!  I just burned my grilled cheese!  Which leads to another mystery - why don't sims scrape the burned part off?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 December 20, 22:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don may hate cleaning, but he does actually get quite good at it.  I've had him roll the Celebrity Chef LTW, which also requires a lot of cleaning, so I've got him to about level 7, when he will wake up in the morning an go straight to the kitchen to clean up the dirty plates!  And long before that, if you don't queue him to clean the flood in the bathroom, he does it autonomously, whines and moans a bit, but it gets done!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 December 20, 23:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, he does get good at it.  Or did.  My Don died a long time ago.  And I haven't played Pleasantview in months.  But I don't remember him ever cleaning autonomously.  Seemed like he was always turning on the stereo and dancing or heading to the hot tub if I didn't give him something to do.

But then, I had him marry Nina, who was high in neatness and she headed to every mess right away, so maybe that was why he never cleaned on his own.

I may have to start Pleasantview all over again - some day - when I'm done with or tired of my custom hood.  Or it turns into a BFBVFS.  But it I do, I'll have to make sure to keep a backup of it as it is now.  I'd hate to lose Herman before he has a chance to grow up!  I left him last at college!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 December 20, 23:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the game I was talking aboout, he married Brandi, so she was always the one who'd head straight for the piano when she woke up!  Don's fun levels don't seem to decay as quickly when he's happy!  And I should imagine life with Nina could be more than a tad depressing for Don!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 December 20, 23:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they were both romance sims, and seemed to get along quite well.  They had two kids, a son and a daughter, who are probably the best looking sims I've seen this game spit out!

Don made me angry, so I figured I'd pair him with another romance sim to teach him a lesson.  I found out real fast about jealousy that way!  They both had a friend over, and all were in the hot tub when one of them (I think it was Nina) got "friendly" with one of the friends.  Don slapped her silly!  Same thing happened the other way around, too.  But I never let them break up, I just gave them careers with different work schedules so they could each get their "on the side" romances while the other was at work.  Or had them invite another sim to a community lot.  But I had to be careful there, as Don had quite a few romances with sims of both sexes!  In fact, he seemed to prefer the guys, if I remember correctly.  Him and Alexander Goth were always together or thinking about each other.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 December 21, 01:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In different versions of my game he had a fling with Dustin Broke (who in another became his stepson!) and with the youngest Broke, Keanu.  when Keanu subsequently came to Don's step-daughter's growing-up party, and she promptly leapt into his arms in front of Don, it was a joy to behold!  Took poor Jenna days and days to make a friend of Don again!

OK, another mystery!

Why does the maid refuse to make the Soma bed once you've installed NL?
« Last Edit: 2005 December 21, 01:07:48 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2005 December 21, 23:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don made me angry, so I figured I'd pair him with another romance sim to teach him a lesson.  I found out real fast about jealousy that way!  They both had a friend over, and all were in the hot tub when one of them (I think it was Nina) got "friendly" with one of the friends.  Don slapped her silly!  Same thing happened the other way around, too.  But I never let them break up, I just gave them careers with different work schedules so they could each get their "on the side" romances while the other was at work.  Or had them invite another sim to a community lot.  But I had to be careful there, as Don had quite a few romances with sims of both sexes!  In fact, he seemed to prefer the guys, if I remember correctly.  Him and Alexander Goth were always together or thinking about each other.

I decided that Don was probably heterosexual (hell, someone in my game has to be Wink ), but also figured that Don would only be happy in a relationship where non-monogamy was par for the course. (I don't want to have unethical sims, much better that everyone knows and no one minds!). So pre-Nightlife, I set up a quad relationship with Dina, Nina, Don and Kaylynn (the maid). They were pretty much all in love with each other, except Dina & Nina of course. Anyway, since installing NL, I haven't been into Pleasantview, because trying to run that household without the Romance mod would just be... scary. I fear the slapping.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 December 22, 00:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, until the Romance mod is completed, you can use a no jealousy hack, either one that turns off lot jealousy, or a no jealousy at all hack such as LizzLove's.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 December 22, 03:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had Keanu Broke in a Greek House with three friends (pre NL) with the romance mod installed, but there was still a lot of jealousy going on!  I think he was the only one who never got jealous!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 December 22, 03:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it depends a lot on personality...if they are Romance sims, they will still get jealous if their personality did not meet the requirements.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 December 22, 09:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, one was Pisces and got terribly jealous - but it didn't stop him from playing around too!  Sims have such terrible double standards! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 December 23, 20:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a mystery.... What is the 2x2 room in the back of the toilets in the Similar Sights Sculpture Park for? It's empty, but has two lights and a door so you can get in. Very suspicious. Wink

Fail.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 December 24, 00:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Extremely!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 December 24, 07:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's for 'realism' ... to give the impression the park has more than one entrance/exit just like in real city parks.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: