More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 18:21:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims not queueing up 'cry softly?'
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims not queueing up 'cry softly?'  (Read 12891 times)
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
Sims not queueing up 'cry softly?'
« on: 2005 December 16, 01:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my most recent deaths by old age, sim no longer get cry softly in their queue. They'll drop everything and run for any other causes of deaths (like when Meadow eletrocuted herself at her son's birthday party) but for old age, they won't queue it up even if they are in the same room. E.g, recently, two elderly sims were kissing in the bathroom, they finish and Grim Reaper comes. She just stood there and complained that she couldn't get to the toilet because the Hula Dancer was in the way. After a few more seconds, she peed herself. She then complained her dead husband's urn was in the way of the shower. No-one else in the house queued it up either. (Her son and daughter in law were attacking each other again, so at least they were preoccupied...) Of course, this situation repeats itself often (not the stuckage, but the crying, or lack thereof)

Their complete indifference just gets to me. Sure, they cry later, but that just interrupts them when they're doing useful things. 

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Sims not queueing up 'cry softly?'
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 16, 01:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lyth, you are right! I had this situation too - my sim died of old age, and nobody of the family "cried softly". They looked, and then continued to do other activities.

But, I had a "cry softly" queue once - and I paniced and runned to search for a dead  sim, as nobody was bound to die  for now.

For my surprise, the "cry softly" was queued when Mortimer made out with his new bride in front of Alexander and Cassie. Not "embarrssed", just "cry softly".

Weird...Smiley.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 16, 02:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a "cry softly" queue once - and I paniced and runned to search for a dead  sim, as nobody was bound to die  for now.

For my surprise, the "cry softly" was queued when Mortimer made out with his new bride in front of Alexander and Cassie. Not "embarrssed", just "cry softly".

Weird...Smiley.
I've had cry softly in those situations too. Benjamin Long had just married his stepson's widowed wife, and his kids and her kids did the 'cry softly' thing. Of course they didn't queue it up when he died. His stepson did though. He was the only person in the entire neighbourhood who has cried at an old age death.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 16, 03:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims only queue it up when they remember the burglar or the repo man - things like that!

Zephyr Zodiac
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 16, 04:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims have only cried softly when someone has died.  Sometimes the nicer ones cry several times after the person had died.  Poor Pepé.  Undecided

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 16, 04:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had quite a few dormie deaths recently ('thanks' to JM's dormie mod) and there've been sims crying softly and sighing, although not everyone on the lot has bothered.  Before more or less everyone would rush over, but now it only seems to be if they've nothing better to do.  I have an elder due to die next time I play his lot, so I'll check to see what happens.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 16, 04:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I just had another elder die of old age about ten minutes ago. Even though both her grandson and daughter in law were doing nothing, they were just standing in the corner of the lot, grandma came home from work and promptly died. Her son, who also came out of the same carpool, did queue up 'cry softly' and he actually did it too...of course another grandson comes downstairs and sees some roaches and bawls like a baby.

Wow, now I'm confused.

Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 16, 13:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to get every family member "crying softly" whenever someone died, old age or not, but now they ignore it pretty much, only the nice sims crying. Maybe something to do with nocrybabies? (although that's for fighting and such). But I have noticed as well that my sims are ignoring when their housemates/relatives are growing up as well (unless there's cake!).
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 16, 14:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's a nightlife thing? Fewer queue wiping annoyances?
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 16, 17:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Humm I wonder if having JM "nocrybabies" mod in your game will explain it, that is if you do have it of course lol.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 16, 21:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to get every family member "crying softly" whenever someone died, old age or not, but now they ignore it pretty much, only the nice sims crying. Maybe something to do with nocrybabies? (although that's for fighting and such). But I have noticed as well that my sims are ignoring when their housemates/relatives are growing up as well (unless there's cake!).
The ignoring aging thing is probably due to JM's No aging swarm hack.  See if you have that one.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 16, 21:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been having sims who bawl like babies when an elder dies.  I haven't seen any "cry softly" actions in any of their queues.  

In fact, one elder was taken by the GR during a baby's "grow up" cake routine (not a party), and the wife of the one who was taken was in the process of doing the "toddler toss" when the GR showed up.  She set down the baby on the floor and started to cry quite loudly, and her son picked up the baby and tossed him.  Then he set the toddler down, and the toddler started to bawl quite loudly.  When I looked at his queue, the icon said "cry".  And it was for his grandpa (he had a picture of grandpa in his thought bubble).  I took a picture for their storybook.

It made me want to cry when that happened!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 16, 21:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been having sims who bawl like babies when an elder dies.  I haven't seen any "cry softly" actions in any of their queues. 

In fact, one elder was taken by the GR during a baby's "grow up" cake routine (not a party), and the wife of the one who was taken was in the process of doing the "toddler toss" when the GR showed up.  She set down the baby on the floor and started to cry quite loudly, and her son picked up the baby and tossed him.  Then he set the toddler down, and the toddler started to bawl quite loudly.  When I looked at his queue, the icon said "cry".  And it was for his grandpa (he had a picture of grandpa in his thought bubble).  I took a picture for their storybook.

It made me want to cry when that happened!
Awwww, that is so sad!
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 16, 21:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the crying when dad kisses a new wife thing....it's some kind of jealousy reaction.  If you check relationships, when they see someone who is not their parent with the other parent, the relationship with dad and new spouse/girlfriend goes down. (From the children's point of view, not between the spouses, lol).

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 16, 22:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the Romance mod fixed that, so if the child had a good relationship with the new step-parent, they wouldn't "spaz."  (I'm guessing that means not having a fit.)  I miss that part of the romance mod.  LizzLove's no jealousy at all mod took care of that too, but I didn't like getting rid of jealousy altogether.  I want to have some jealousy in the game, but only when I want it, dangit!!!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 16, 22:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rain, you can use the nojelousyatall, and if you have the InSimenator, and play on a certain lot, you can choose "allow jelousy" in it. I had a romance hood, and did it a lot.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 16, 23:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also wonder what gives them the memory of the death. Family members get it, obviously, even if they've never met that person in their life, but for people who aren't related, but living on the same lot, it seems pretty incosistent on to if they get the memory. (The life's so short message) When Kennedy Cox died of old age, no-one cared, but his step-daughter's  daughter's toddler son got the memory of the death, even though he was on the other side of the house in a crib...no-one else got the memory though, but everyone in the household got inheritance. Kinda stupid to remember recieving inheritance, but not the actual death...
« Last Edit: 2005 December 17, 00:21:53 by lythdan » Logged

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 17, 00:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's a nightlife thing?
I think NL changed mourning in general.

They used to wander off to the grave and stand there and yell or cry or do whatever for a certain period after the death. They don't do that anymore.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 17, 01:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's a nightlife thing?
I think NL changed mourning in general.

They used to wander off to the grave and stand there and yell or cry or do whatever for a certain period after the death. They don't do that anymore.
The Prima Guide said they would autonomously mourn for 24 hours after the death.  I remember the first time I let one of my CAS created sims die of old age.  He'd been around for much longer than Maxis had decreed, and I finally decided it was time to let him go.  He died in the bathroom of all places.  His wife and all 6 remaining family members--two daughters, two sons-in-law, and two grandsons--all tried to crowd into the tiny bathroom wtih him and the Grim Reaper, all sobbing inconsolably.  He was well loved.  If it hadn't have been so sad, it would have been funny.  I think this happened right after I got University, because they all got that annoying want to resurrect him.  I was glad when the No resurrect want hack came out because I just wanted them to leave the poor guy in peace.  Along with that were other sims in the neighborhood having fears of him becoming a zombie and the Knowledge sims wanting him to be a zombie!  I haven't had any sims die since NL.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 17, 01:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They still do cry, and sigh, and disobey other commands just to do so for a good while. It's just that they don't go traipsing clear across the property to stand by the grave anymore. (Assuming you've moved the urn from the bathroom or wherever it happened to drop. Usually the bathroom though if it's a weak-bladdered elder.)

I guess because with NL, you might immediately move the grave to a community cemetery.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 17, 01:59:32 by oyyo » Logged
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 17, 02:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen them autonomously mourn since NL. Sometimes I keep urns in the house, on an end table in the living room, ala Dina Caliente style, or in the personal bowling alley...I do get everyone to mourn by clicking on the urn. Usually when the ghosts start scaring the family members is when I send them to a cemetary. Then two generations later I send my sims downtown on a mass-mourning spree.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 17, 05:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well my elder died tonight and everyone on the lot rushed to the bathroom (he wasn't actually using the toilet, he was unblocking it prior to using it).  There were three visitors I think and they all made it and sighed for a bit, but the man's son and the woman who shared his house got stuck on the landing and didn't make it, so once he'd picked up his suitcase and gone, the icon dropped from their queues.  After she hugged him, they both autonomously cried.  They only did this for a very short while, though.  I hadn't really noticed, but there definitely wasn't the usual palaver of crying buckets by the urn for hours on end.  The ghosts seem to come out quicker now, too.  This guy was out the following night. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 17, 07:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's currently a Romance Mod Alpha in the test directory. It's not yet comprehensive, but currently covers non-object-assisted socials and jealousy.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 17, 15:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ignoring aging thing is probably due to JM's No aging swarm hack.  See if you have that one.

Aha!  Smiley Thanks rainbow, I've been building rather than playing since I got the hack and had totally forgotten about it until I got into this new family. Silly me.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 17, 17:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only had three deaths since NL(I started over) Consort,P?Huh,and Isabella.  They all had everyone crying quite loudly.  It was funny with Isabella, Regan was about to do the furious walk by when Isabella died(they had just gotten in a fight the night before) and Regan cheered when she died.  I was curious to see if she had a green death memory but it was red.  I also recorded Consort's death because he died in the middle of his money tree farm--it seemed poetic.  His new wife and his daughter were right there crying softly(loudly sobbing more like it)  the other three were at Uni.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: