More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:35:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Mod Version?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mod Version?  (Read 6338 times)
Jules
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Mod Version?
« on: 2018 January 07, 16:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello there, I recently started playing again and have some trouble getting to run the Awesome mod. When I want to run the game, an error stating

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. [...]"

That kinda makes me wonder what's going up there. I run the game via Steam, so I would think the game is up to date, according to the launcher it runs on version 1.67.2.024037

I have the University, Late Night and Pets DLC, if that might be of help.

I installed the framework from this thread and put the .package files in my mod folder in \documents. The mod seemed to run (I could see the details of stuff in buy mode, for example) but the error message worried me. Also, after a couple days, the game began to run very slowly and there were hick-ups where the game just froze for a minute. When these hickups began as commonplace as two times a day, I uninstalled the mod.

Now I played several weeks and begin to really miss the features and wanted to give this a new try - so please somebody tell me what I did wrong? If somebody would post me a step by step guide how to get this running cleanly, I'd really appreciate it.

I already tried to implement the advice from here, but the info seems a bit dated - for example the mod directory is in \documents now, no longer in the path where the game is installed. Other mods' instructions mentioned putting config.cfg files in the mod folder in \documents, so I did that too. Everything else seems to just run fine.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Mod Version?
« Reply #1 on: 2018 January 08, 22:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think your problem is STEAM. I run Awesomemod and Nraas with no problems - and still in the old place btw, it works but the 'Documents' mod placement was added because people kept mucking up their game installs when they had their mods in with the program install files.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: