More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:36:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Converting to a world file
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Converting to a world file  (Read 14351 times)
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Converting to a world file
« on: 2015 March 22, 16:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to convert a saved game into a .world file to be installed and used like a base world?  I have modified the world I use with new lots, etc. through edit town, and would like it as a stand alone world for when I want to move sims between hoods. 

Which brings me to the next question, did Eaxis improve the method by which sims move between hoods?  The TS2 system would screw up your game, is TS3 any better or reliable?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Converting to a world file
« Reply #1 on: 2015 March 23, 02:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have often wondered whether I could take a saved game world into CAW but my readings seem to indicate that it's not possible to go backwards unless you have the original CAW files.

I just save a blank world that is set up the way I like it, with houses, communities etc, then run TheRapture. I save this as a template.

PTA Oh and no, the sims 2 corrupted moved files, the sims 3 seems to be much safer, I'm pretty sure Pescado said they're safe to be moved now.

In fact I have just bundled and moved my famblies into a new hood as I was sick of celebs. I'm still getting paparazzi spawning, so I guess I'll have to remove all celeb points before moving them again. I've unticked celebs and ticked the box to keep the active fambly out. I think I'll make a request, actually.

Don't evict robots though, they lose all their trait chips.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015 March 28, 02:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bummer about making a world file.  I have the hood saved in a state I like, new buildings, lots etc.  all done from edit town without going into live mode, so hopefully it doesn't, or shouldn't become corrupted.  I use that to start fresh games, and periodically I'll go in and redo something.

What I wanted to do, was start a game in Isla Paradiso (or whatever the hell it is) so my sims can do the scuba diving and discover all the crap there, then move them to my saved hood.  I suspect moving to a new hood doesn't allow access to a saved world, but just the base worlds.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015 March 28, 02:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I have a set up Appaloosa Plains which has not been initiated, it is saved so I don't have to do it over again. I tried moving my sims to a new hood but it is indeed a fresh base game that eventuates. Nraas has a mod, Traveller?, that allows you to take vacations in other hoods, so maybe you could establish your sims in the blank hood, then have them vacation in the islands?

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015 March 29, 20:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that, but traveler messed up so many other aspects of the game that I removed it.  I tried using it to freeze aging in the vacation worlds and allow my sim to visit the islands, which worked, but it messed up Oasis Landing, University and sims that had taken the no aging potion, among other hiccups, so I decided I was better without it.

Might just have to find some patience to mess with CAW and see if I can create a world I like and can use.  So far everytime I have messed with CAW I just get so pissed off with it that I give up.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015 March 29, 23:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a look at CAW when it first came out and figured it was going to be a PITA. Pity, I used to make nice hoods in Simcity 4 for Sims 2. That was clever marketing and all that jazz. I would love to make my own world but ain't going to battle with CAW for it.

I don't take my sims travelling at all, apart from Uni and the future, the rest of it is just too buggy. Plus creepy.

ETA: Might have been Simcity 3, I don't remember now.

ETA2: I'm just cruising Pinterest and I found a page of worlds. One of them is a modded version of the first EAxis world.
http://sunnyccfinds.tumblr.com/post/46216521041/moonskin93-grumpysims

So maybe there is a way to do it. Have you checked with Simlogical?
« Last Edit: 2015 March 30, 09:51:04 by witch » Logged

Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2015 March 30, 21:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Confirming, it was SimCity 4, or SimCity Rush Hour, Witch. User-made worlds were much easier to make.

I think CAW has that effect on most people.  Undecided

nyxus
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2015 April 02, 23:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think the mod you want is NRAAs "porter" it essentially lets you save your sim families back into the bin with all of their relationships intact (it works for multiple families/households as well). 

So you could create your world as you like it, save it. grow your sims up in whatever hood you like, then use porter to save them. load up your original saved file and use porter to import your sims to your new world. 

make sure you follow the readme, though. its a pretty straight-forward process, but i believe there are  couple of "you must do this, or all will be lost" steps.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2015 April 03, 00:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of us here are familiar with the Porter. It's not what's being looked for (at least not the first part). It is a poor second for a tool we know EA had (did anybody ever find a way to load a custom neighbourhood with intact dead?).

I know that Richaard (?) from Naughty Sims was interested in this at one stage and some studies had been conducted. I do not think there was ever a simple way to do it, but . .

I will go and ask my sister, who is a regular at Naughty's, if she can point me to the right threads.

<edit> She tells me that it was never reliably achieved. Sorry. The best I can say is to create a copy of your save and empty it with Pescado's rapture (or whatever) then resort to the mover tool.
« Last Edit: 2015 April 03, 01:11:30 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2015 April 03, 11:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try the method by CassieJ here:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=418812
In post #16 she outlines a method which worked.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: