More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:30:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  How to update a scripting mod?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to update a scripting mod?  (Read 5469 times)
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
How to update a scripting mod?
« on: 2014 December 31, 19:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if anyone knew of an easy way to update an outdated scripting mod?  I suspect the mod is just patch outdated, but trying to find information at MTS is like getting blood from a stone.  They just refer to the tutorial for creating a new pure scripting mod, but it has no information about opening and updating an existing mod, any information would be appreciated.

If, by chance, someone here knows how to do this and believes it to be quicker to check themselves, go for it, I am trying to update the MODoor4 mod, Version 4.2.5, http://www.modthesims.info/d/485201

It has been out of date for a few patches and the creator appears to have disappeared and hasn't done anything with it for a while.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: How to update a scripting mod?
« Reply #1 on: 2015 January 04, 08:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, a non-core mod would be unlikely to need an update at all. What seems to be the problem? To update an outdated mod if it is really broken would require you to take it apart and rebuild it yourself.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015 January 04, 20:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically it simply stopped working after a patch, didn't really do anything weird in game, just wouldn't work.  Which patch I can't recall, but was just before ITF came out.  Sounds like I might need to do some more research and reading to be able to have a crack at it.  Give me something to play with for a while.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015 January 08, 17:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you use AwesomeMod, and have all the debug and test commands enabled, do "listasms", that'll list all the assemblies that loaded. If the droid you're looking for doesn't appear to be on the list, then it didn't load and is FUBAR. If you DO see it on the list and it's STILL not doing anything, then it's VERY FUBAR.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: