More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:17:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS4: The Pee-ening
| |-+  Insert Amusing Name Here
| | |-+  Sims 4 Annoyance & Problem Thread.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 4 Annoyance & Problem Thread.  (Read 118055 times)
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Sims 4 Annoyance & Problem Thread.
« Reply #125 on: 2014 October 11, 21:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- not changing the last name when marrying.
- the musical chairs is an issue, but we seem to have a musical bed as well. I have my guy sim go to sleep earlier than the girl, but about half the time when she goes to bed, he gets up, she lays  down where he was, and he goes to the other side and lays down to sleep.
-Am I missing something? There is no nanny or baby sitter, and no maternity leave? WTH?
-my sims won't wash the dishes when I select clean up. They pick up a plate, walk somewhere and set it back down. Half the time when the clean out the spoiled food from the fridge they just set it on the counter. Where are our dishwashers?
-would like to be able to see the age of sims we are trying to hook up with. My young adult just married a guy who is half way to elderly :-/
-I want to be able to see my sims motives and queue stuff while they are working.
-bills are WAY too high
-I can't even FIND my mailbox on my lot... I have to stalk the mailman and see if I can figure it out...
-having to clean up trash after every repair is annoying
-my sim got pregnant in the evening and by 5am she looked like she was ready to give birth... craziness
-no queue dropping mod would be nice. If she auto eats I don't want it to drop because I queue her up to pee...
-even the ts3 camera option sucks, especially if I'm trying to move the camera back. The camera operation that it comes with is bogus
-agreed on the motives dropping way too fast. I understand my pregnant sim having to eat and pee more often, but they need to slow down for the rest, especially when sleeping.

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2014 October 12, 01:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-no queue dropping mod would be nice. If she auto eats I don't want it to drop because I queue her up to pee...

This.  If I want my Sim to read, I do not want them dropping it to go play with the Microscope before they even get one more skill level.
antechinus
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2014 October 12, 23:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We need macro...concentrate. I really do miss many of the macros from Sims 2. (I never really got into Sims 3- too many problems!)

An antechinus is a small carnivorous marsupial- with interesting reproductive behaviour.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2014 October 15, 01:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-Am I missing something? There is no nanny or baby sitter, and no maternity leave? WTH?
Well, unattended babies poof into netherspace and children are allowed to be home alone for their parent's entire work shift with no repercussions. So there is no need. Gah. I do not like how the spawn are handled.

-my sims won't wash the dishes when I select clean up. They pick up a plate, walk somewhere and set it back down. Half the time when the clean out the spoiled food from the fridge they just set it on the counter. Where are our dishwashers?
Seems like it's one magical plate placement that causes this. If I choose another plate to clean up first, it's fine.

-bills are WAY too high
I'm actually cool with the amount, but I still don't find it hard to amass huge amounts of money without really trying. My legacy family's 3rd gen heir is only a teen and they have about $200k.

-I can't even FIND my mailbox on my lot... I have to stalk the mailman and see if I can figure it out...
You can move the mailbox in build mode and also pay bills from the computer. But I miss saved camera views, which is related.

-having to clean up trash after every repair is annoying
Fucking A.
And don't quit playing on the damn monkey bars when all your motives are near max and you have the aspiration want for 10 motor points.

-even the ts3 camera option sucks, especially if I'm trying to move the camera back. The camera operation that it comes with is bogus
For the longest time I thought you couldn't pan back, the spot your mouse has to be in is so freaking tiny.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2014 October 18, 15:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like it's one magical plate placement that causes this. If I choose another plate to clean up first, it's fine.

I agree. And as much as I love the multitasking ability, it means there are cups and plates all over the house, some of which aren't picked up to be cleaned when I direct someone to wash dishes. Sometimes the only way I realize that they missed some is when they get the 'Dirty Surroundings' moodlet.
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2014 November 08, 10:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the game is the way TOO raw made, and so much usual things cut out, like cars, toddlers, kitchen appl,  loungers
also too small of fun objects, sims do not know how to spend time but play PC
starlady
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2014 November 09, 19:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is my list of annoyances:

- You can't view any information about a sim when they're at work or school.
- Musical chairs when eating. This extends to beds, too. EVERYONE SHOULD SLEEP AND NAP IN THEIR OWN BEDS, DAMNIT.
- Too much talking while eating.
- Please stop stalking people while eating.
- Consistently walking in on someone who is in one bathroom when there are at least three other bathrooms to choose from.
- Last name does not change upon marriage.
- Someone said that their Sims will skill/watch tv/game until they drop. Mine seem to have ADHD. They refuse to focus on a given task (watching tv, skilling, etc) and instead run off to do something else... like read that romance novel for the hundredth time. I have to micromanage to keep them going. This seems not to apply to certain things like cooking, the chess table, and painting. ADHD extends to reading books for pleasure as well. My sims like to read for 3.5 seconds before putting the book down. Rinse and repeat.
- Speaking of books. Would it be so damned hard to put the book up when you're done reading it? My sims will consistently walk into the kitchen to drop the book on the table where it will stay, for all eternity, until directed to put it up.
- Sims refuse to pick up certain dishes and wash them -- they must be dragged by the player to the sink or clicked on individually. Also, no dishwashers? I want them back, please.
- Less queue-stomping. I'm getting really tired of them doing something sensible by themselves and then having it dropped from their actions because I tried to line up another.
- WAY too many old people and people who are on their way to being old. Seriously. My game is filled with old people and people who are three days from being an elder.
- Is it just me, or are the multiple birth odds really high? In two different saves, both of my girls sims had NATURAL TWINS on the first go -- and no one had the fertility boost. I certainly don't have a mod installed for higher twin chances, either -- I don't even think one exists right now.
- The. Jingles. For. Every. Freaking. Thing. Did your sim pee? JINGLE! Did they find a shiny? JINGLE! STOP WITH THE MUSIC.
- More careers. How many careers do we have? Eight? I think even TS2 basegame had more careers than TS4. I'm getting really sick of seeing those same careers over and over and over...

That's pretty much it for now. I'll add more if I think of any.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2014 November 10, 23:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a fix for that at simlogical, here:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php?topic=3285.0
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2014 November 11, 19:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I consider that one of my very most essential mods to the point where I just can't play without it. For one thing, it helps if you can switch over to that sim and see what their current work performance is so you can decide if you want them to continue to work hard or not (ie if it's maxed already you really don't need to).

I kind of wish he had put it up somewhere slightly less obscure though. Sorry Inge.  Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2014 November 16, 01:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else crashing when a child returns from school?

Edit: It happened twice and never again, so nevermind.
« Last Edit: 2014 November 18, 01:54:57 by RaeKira » Logged

Hell yeah.
Kasmira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2014 November 27, 00:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes me want a way to set played households to no longer be considered played. That way, I can return a family to the townie pool when I tire of it, instead of having it sit around forever.

Well, when you go to "Manage Households" you can use "Transfer Sims Between Households." Move the family into an unplayed household in town or even "Not in the World." That way you might still see them around town but they don't live in any of the houses.

But it would be nice if there was a way to just unset a played household so you can keep them in the same house.

If you go in to manage household, there is a small plumbob at the lower left-hand corner of the family photo that if you click and turn gray it will set the family as unplayed.  You can also click it green on an unplayed family to make it count as a played home.  When you move a person out, you can add them to an existing household or you can create a new household.  In the event that you create a new one, you can select the sims in that household and have them move into an empty house in town or to remain "homeless" but they will still be seen in the neighborhood.

I think we're going to need some kind of fps limiter again if the noise of my video card fan earlier today were anything to go by.

Agreed.

'Write a song' seems to be totally borked - sims start but can't stop (usually needing to be reset entirely to pry them away from the instrument), and although songs do sort of complete (at least enough to register for the Music milestone), you don't get the completed sheet music as an object, so can't send them off to be licensed.

Every time you send your sim to "Write a Song", a sheet of music is generated in their inventory.  If you need to stop your sim from writing the song for whatever reason (as it seems to take them a very long time to write it and they have to pee every ten minutes) then they only have an unfinished song.  To finish a song you need to go into their inventory and click on the sheet of music to instruct them to work on that song again, otherwise the "Write a Song" option from the instrument only causes them to write a NEW song and not complete the old one.  Once the song is actually complete, you are able to name it and then get the song licensed at the mailbox.  Licensing a song works the same way as publishing a book in that once you do it you will get royalties from it for a bit.

My List -

- Toddlers!  I want them back!
- A way to tell teens, YAs and As apart!
- I miss having an open neighborhood, dammit!
- Last names when marrying?
- Musical chairs. Also, your sim can do so much crap while holding their food, inviting someone in is no exception EXCEPT that when you invite them in, your sim gets the interaction to GO HOME which, of course, makes them drop their damn plate!
- Too much ADHD.  I tell my sim to skill from a book, exercise or play on the monkey bars and they stop doing it for no apparent reason.
- Once again with too much computer.  The sims have always been really bad about hogging stuff.  At least they don't hog the musical instruments so much now.
- Just like eating food and it taking hours because they have a need to talk, doing homework is the same thing.  Stop talking to your kid while they're trying to do their darn homework!
- Dropping queues when you instruct them to do something next.  I've even had my sims cut what I told them to do for something I told them to do next.
- Losing the ability to do anything with my family while they are at work / school.  Losing control of my family shouldn't ever be an issue.  If I want to look at inventory / relationship / work info, I should be able to.
- Sims making forty drinks at the bar and never drinking any of them.  They just sit there and go bad.
- Many interactions and information being nested really far down inside of things.  Like you want your sim to eat a certain leftover because it will go bad or they have a want to eat it, you cannot just click on the fridge and choose to eat leftovers, you have to open the fridge and then choose the stuff you want to eat...  Or you want to find out what your person needs to level their career and you have to mouse over stuff to check on it.

I know I have other issues but I really can't think of them at the moment.  I came here to MATY to see if there was an Awesome Mod out for the game yet.  Smiley  I will keep waiting.

« Last Edit: 2014 November 27, 02:12:13 by Kasmira » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2014 November 29, 04:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've decided not to jump on the early-adoption bandwagon this time around, and instead use the relative peace and quiet granted by not having to worry about being hammered by another update to finally go to town on TS3 instead. Once the situation is more stable, and the game less...bare...I'll see what there is to be done in TS4.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2014 November 30, 01:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I'm apparently a guy easy to satisfy and think that in general TS4 isn't that bad. At least, what is there, if few, is done well, and I couldn't ever go back to TS2 with all expansions except AL. The animations of the sims flow better into each other-- Oh wait, this is the the complain thread...

Yeah, my biggest annoyance is:

Boring Whims!

I found interesting and challenging to fulfill wishes for my Sims in TS2, and eventually I resorted to make my play style fulfilling their wishes, and it was fun.

Yadda yadda.

However, with TS4 it's not very interesting. Despite the great amount of possible interactions available for the sims (despite the little difference between the animations they carry when executed) they keep rolling the same mood-related ones over and over.

A happy sim will want to meet new people, dance to the stereo, and hug someone, over and over and over. You get the wanting to joke now or chatting now and then, but that's it.

I'm not even asking for much, just, roll "watch TV", "Play Sims Forever on the PC", "Joke about Politicians", "kiss X sim", "eat hamburgers", or something! I'm not even asking for depth here, just more variance.

And I would like whims that seem to be locked depending on the sim's traits to appear more often, just because your sims isn't materialistic doesn't mean they can't admire their new pricey stuff now and then.

Basically, I'd like if TS4 Whims were like TS2 Wishes, because currently a given Sim is locked to a very few ones, and if you choose the playing style of fulfilling their whims, you'll see them making the same few interactions over and over.

Sorry, I think you can still hold it a bit more...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2014 November 30, 02:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah, if you knew how TS2 wants worked, you know they work exactly the same way. In fact, you could easily rack up huge scores by manipulating them into loops where the same wants would chain over and over and over.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2014 November 30, 08:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right, now that I recall, TS2 wants worked the same, and I had to download a mod to make them interesting (did we have an awesome mod that affected wishes? perhaps it was from here), but I haven't found one for TS4.

Still, it's a bummer that the Whims seem so very limited on their variance (even more so than in vanilla TS2, unless the Whims are there but their random number generator sucks and they keep rolling the same ones.) I guess what I'd want to see is a Whim editor.

Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2014 November 30, 14:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This link is a dead end - is the mod available somewhere else?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2014 November 30, 14:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If only there was a website that MODs THE SIMS. Scratch that, if only there was a website that lets you search for shit.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: 2014 November 30, 16:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I saw one at google.com

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2014 November 30, 16:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right, now that I recall, TS2 wants worked the same, and I had to download a mod to make them interesting (did we have an awesome mod that affected wishes? perhaps it was from here), but I haven't found one for TS4.
There was one from here, yes.

Still, it's a bummer that the Whims seem so very limited on their variance (even more so than in vanilla TS2, unless the Whims are there but their random number generator sucks and they keep rolling the same ones.) I guess what I'd want to see is a Whim editor.
It's probably because the amount of crap that sims have to do, period, is so reduced compared to what was in TS2, especially towards mid and end-life, whereas TS4 is basically a bare-bones stripped-down game shoved out the door too soon, and won't really be interesting for a good several expansions.

Shadowsong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2014 December 01, 07:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's here:
http://fogity.boards.net/thread/10/menu-enabler
Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2014 December 02, 01:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably because the amount of crap that sims have to do, period, is so reduced compared to what was in TS2, especially towards mid and end-life, whereas TS4 is basically a bare-bones stripped-down game shoved out the door too soon, and won't really be interesting for a good several expansions.

Yes, but there's so many things that the Sims can do, and interactions that they can have with other sims, but they never Whim for them. Simple things like "play on chess table with X" or "play Blicblocks" are absent, and I reckon from all available stuff a given sim only whims for 0.1%-1% of stuff available (as restricted by traits and mood).

And I never thought I'd miss wishes like "see a ghost" or "be saved from death", examples of things the sims can still do but don't whim for (the sim gets confident when they save the life of someone else, it'd be fun if sims got the whim to save someone else's life, so one could start a fire and have them put it out, or something).

Social interactions Sims never whim for:

Compliment appearance
Pick-Up Line
Ask Risque Question
Start Preposterous Rumor
Gossip
Ask to Hang out
Tell engaging story
Chat about X
Complain about X
Discuss Interests
Ask if Single
Get to know
Ask about day

And that's just in the friendly/romance menus (and I don't think the list is complete). Would like to have an otherwise nice sim to wish to be mean or treacherous to a sim that they don't get along with.

Sims could also whim to eat certain foods even if they don't have food eating treats (I still remember my Sims 2 wishing to eat cereal the next day so I'd just go and give them that - what happened to that? TS4 does have more food variety and snacks foods than vanilla TS2, but without whims you could just give them Green Salads for life...)

Finally, what about making whims a little bit challenging? The developers have it backwards: having a certain mood (er... "emotion") unlocks certain interactions, but the sim never whims for any of the unlockable interactions unless they already have that mood, so you can basically ignore them for life.

It's backwards because it's expected you'd want to do the happy interactions before being happy to become happy, instead of only wanting to do them when you're already happy.

Would be very cool to have a Tense sim whim to brighten the day of another sim, or have their own day being brightened, so that is interesting because you have to make it happy, or to make another sim happy, before being able to fulfish the whim. This is valid for all emotions and their specific interactions, the sims would whim to unlock them and do them.

So I hold the framework is there, and what's there has a lot of potential, but it's currently decorative, and you basically have no reason to deviate from just talking (already have a mod that deviates in interesting ways on its own anyway), but from what I've read around the communities, I'm from the very rare people that care about whims at all...

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2014 December 02, 08:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So basically you're complaining that EAxis has actually made the traits of sims slightly more meaningful this time?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2014 December 02, 08:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've decided not to jump on the early-adoption bandwagon this time around, and instead use the relative peace and quiet granted by not having to worry about being hammered by another update to finally go to town on TS3 instead.

This is what I was hoping to hear. In the early days of TS3, you said there were a lot of things that you could do, but wouldn't bother trying until the game was final. TS4 isn't for me. The non-open neighborhood and no Puppet Master mode are dealbreakers. I'd be happy to wait until TS4 matured, if those two things existed. I'd like to think that the best days for TS3 are still to come - and moar awesomeness is worth Showing Up for.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2014 December 02, 15:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Social interactions Sims never whim for:

Compliment appearance
Pick-Up Line
Ask Risque Question
Start Preposterous Rumor
Gossip
Ask to Hang out
Tell engaging story
Chat about X
Complain about X
Discuss Interests
Ask if Single
Get to know
Ask about day
Yeah, here's a thing: A large number of these interactions are completely inappropriate. You don't remember in TS2 when sims *DID* constantly roll these inappropriate things until I quashed it and limited those wants to moments where it would actually be appropriate and fitting? You don't remember how talking to ANYONE of the appropriate gender immediately resulted in one of your want slots being blocked by Flirt With X wants, even as your sim was repulsed by said other-sim? They're also probably procedurally generated and therefore don't actually exist as a specific interaction in the table, instead being lumped in with some general class of action.

Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2014 December 04, 11:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So basically you're complaining that EAxis has actually made the traits of sims slightly more meaningful this time?

Since when there's only ONE kind of people that gets a whim to eat something? Most people do it all the time, or base their eating decision on what they want to eat. Specifically, if you were forced to eat salad for a week, wouldn't you want to eat something else? It's fine if there are sims with a trait where they're obsessed about food and want to cook and eat all day, but that shouldn't mean the rest of the sims would never want to cook or eat.

Heh, not even when the sim is dying of hunger will it wish to eat something...

You don't remember how talking to ANYONE of the appropriate gender immediately resulted in one of your want slots being blocked by Flirt With X wants, even as your sim was repulsed by said other-sim?

Yeah, but there's a difference with "sims should only roll some whim when it makes them sense to do so" and "sims should never roll this whim". Like the "be saved from death" wish. All Knowledge sims in TS2 would roll this wish all the time, which was annoying, and the mod fixed it so that only sims whose lifes sucked would roll the wish. With TS4 it's just something we'll not see them rolling even if it's the most pathetic sim on earth.

And, huh, probably a simple fix would work, like "Whim limiter" so that, if a sim had already had the whim to dance to stereo music today, and they already fulfilled it, that whim doesn't appear again for 24 hours. So that this play style doesn't produce sims that are dancing all day, which is currently the case (I guess my complain is that the sims world is very easy to turn into a sugar bowl? I guess it fits, what with the sims already speaking their own inscrutable language at all).

--------

Two more complains:

1 - My play style leads to most sims being happy most of the time, which further restricts their whims to the happy ones. I guess this problem may be a "fix it yourself" problem: if you want your sims to roll more interesting whims, keep them miserable.

-------

And:

from what I've read around the communities, I'm from the very rare people that care about whims at all...

Which makes the most sense because whims are absolutely useless. Yeah, in TS2 vanilla, at the end of the line, if you fulfilled enough wishes, you'd have enough to buy cool objects for the house, which at least was fun for a while, or could have some potential use.

With TS4, I didn't see a single object worth buying. Oh, you can buy one so that a sim doesn't need to socialize again, or eat again, or pee again, or sleep again or bath again... or stuff that just fulfills a need instantly.

What's the point of all that anyway? Isn't this a life simulation? Didn't they put stuff in there on purpose? Why would one get rid of it with objects? It would be different if these were actual objects, say, a super bath tub with shinny liquid that would make the sims clean when they used it, or a game so fun that playing it for 1 minute sent their fun through the roof. But, magic potions they use to solve all their problems?

So what's the point in making whims interesting if fulfilling them doesn't have a point at all?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: