More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:09:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS4: The Pee-ening
| |-+  Insert Amusing Name Here
| | |-+  Sims 4 Annoyance & Problem Thread.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 4 Annoyance & Problem Thread.  (Read 118073 times)
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
Re: Sims 4 Annoyance & Problem Thread.
« Reply #50 on: 2014 September 08, 06:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there some way to get part of a family to move out of a household? I have 4 sims, two who are married and just had a baby. Obviously it is logical that they would want to move out and start their own household but when I try to move them out, the whole family is set to move.
I've had several jumpbugs but nothing I can't live with.
Hate the tutorials.
HATE, HATE, HATE the men's hairstyles. Srsly, it just looks like a lump of dough set up there on their heads. This was the best they could do?
And of course the men get screwed again with lack of clothing options.
My neighborhoods are all populated with the fat and the elderly. I didn't know TS4 would be set up in God's Waiting Room.
I miss the Strangetown/aliens aspect of the game.
Normal careers would be nice.
No dishwashers? what??
omg, quit push upping, sit upping every.freaking.where.

On the plus side, fast loading times. Roll Eyes

To merge/split/move out/delete, go to manage world and click on an occupied house. There is an option with 3 dots, choose that one to manage households. A popup will show played and unplayed households. When you click on the household you want to edit, a secondary popup have options at the bottom and choose the one to split/merge households. From there it runs like Sims 3 but if you want to split the household, you have to tick the new household box. Hope that is clear.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2014 September 08, 12:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Route failure has always been an issue in every sims game to date, why is everyone so surprised it still exists in the latest reincarnation?

Because they promised it would be improved in TS4.

And everyone knows the value of an EAxis promise.  Given all the things they promised to fix in TS2 and 3, yet didn't, it is clear they don't know the meaning of the word.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Janyses
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2014 September 08, 12:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In order of importance:

1) Cut out universal time, and allow for rotational play (the good way).

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there's already rotational play in the game. Under the gameplay options, just change "Auto Age (Played Sims) to "Only Active Household." Any families made in CAS will be recognized as "Played Sims" and they will no longer age when inactive.

According to EA, there is no story progression in the game so they will not change jobs, get married, etc. when you are not playing them.
« Last Edit: 2014 September 08, 13:54:13 by Janyses » Logged
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2014 September 08, 12:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes me want a way to set played households to no longer be considered played. That way, I can return a family to the townie pool when I tire of it, instead of having it sit around forever.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2014 September 08, 13:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The constant amount of people just walking around on the street way out in the burbs seems a bit high. But then again I guess that's what happens when they can't own cars.   Roll Eyes

Seriously though, it really should be fine tuned for zones with more people in the parks and commercial areas and less in the residential.

Ideally, I think the game should encourage going to other lots for sims with social wants and job requirements but you don't have to at all. The sidewalk is like a conveyor belt sushi bar of Sims constantly streaming by.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Janyses
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2014 September 08, 13:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes me want a way to set played households to no longer be considered played. That way, I can return a family to the townie pool when I tire of it, instead of having it sit around forever.

Well, when you go to "Manage Households" you can use "Transfer Sims Between Households." Move the family into an unplayed household in town or even "Not in the World." That way you might still see them around town but they don't live in any of the houses.

But it would be nice if there was a way to just unset a played household so you can keep them in the same house.
« Last Edit: 2014 September 08, 13:55:21 by Janyses » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2014 September 08, 20:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Route failure has always been an issue in every sims game to date, why is everyone so surprised it still exists in the latest reincarnation?
As well as Sims clipping through furniture and their own clothes, which I see is alive and well. I plan for routing stupidity in house design.

Because they promised it would be improved in TS4.
Pfft, I suppose you believe in fairies, too?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2014 September 08, 20:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate how you get a popup every time you use the camera in live mode, asking you if you want to make it a memory.

My loner doesn't get a negative moodlet from low social, but it still decays.

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2014 September 08, 21:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate how you get a popup every time you use the camera in live mode, asking you if you want to make it a memory.

My loner doesn't get a negative moodlet from low social, but it still decays.

You can turn off the memory popup in the gameplay options.

My loner sim loves chatting with everyone. I get a tooltip saying otherwise, but if I leave her alone for a second, she's off to chat in a large group.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2014 September 09, 03:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I propose a mod in the spirit of JMP's TS2 mod "Bathroom Uses You": Dishes Wash You.

I'm seeing an awful lot of inventory stuck-and-brokenness lately. As for the route fails with dishwashing, I read somewhere on the internet that Sims expect a trash can in or near the kitchen, so I added one. It now seems about 10% more likely that my Sims will bring dishes to the sink as opposed to leaving them in the bookcase, on the piano, etc.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2014 September 09, 13:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even wait for them to wash their dishes. Ain't nobody got time for that. I throw them out myself in the trash outside.  Tongue

I do wish I could Hand of God the leftovers into the fridge though. It's annoying having to wait for them to do it.

jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2014 September 09, 14:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That particular Hand of God works for me, at any rate. Check to see if there are any intervening stairs or other objects between your camera and the fridge, as even if they've gone invisible due to camera distance, I often find they block my Hand of God.

Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one that is really sick and tired of the lack of real edge scrolling. Cool
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2014 September 09, 14:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The HoG works for leftovers. You don't have to hover the food exactly over the fridge, just let the fridge highlight and the food will go in from any position.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2014 September 09, 16:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's good to know and I will have to give it a try. Another thing I've noticed is that the mailbox is broken. The mail carrier will complain he can't reach it, but "somehow managed to throw the mail in, hope you can get to it" or something like that. At such times the mailbox looks to be in a perfectly good location with free tiles in all directions. If I move the mailbox to a place where the mail carrier doesn't complain, then sure enough, my Sim complains of route failure when trying to get the mail.

I've also read about bills not being delivered and the power and water being shut off for nonpayment, which though kind of funny, must be frustrating. I've had the same thing happen, but so far can still pay the bills at the mailbox to turn the water and power back on.
clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2014 September 09, 17:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having to tell my teens to put their finished homework back in their inventory makes me crazy. Otherwise, they just leave it on the desk and traipse off to school without it (although I do wonder if it does anything).

I want more random names. I've had about 80 Kaitlins (with various spellings) in my neighborhood. Also, I have a townie kid named Parker Parker.

Getting up to pee in the middle of the night is also getting old. I could solve it by sending them to the bathroom before bed, but I'm not interested in taking up potty duty.

But I have to say, there is a sense of humor in the series still. One of the things that made me laugh out loud was sending my Angry Sim to the toilet and one of the options was Take an Angry Poop.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2014 September 09, 18:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having to tell my teens to put their finished homework back in their inventory makes me crazy. Otherwise, they just leave it on the desk and traipse off to school without it (although I do wonder if it does anything).
The answer to that seems to be No. My teen left his homework on the picnic table in the little park next to his house, and though he might have lost some school performance the next day, I didn't get any notifications about it.

I want more random names. I've had about 80 Kaitlins (with various spellings) in my neighborhood. Also, I have a townie kid named Parker Parker.
Sounds like a feature rather than a bug to me. Cheesy

Getting up to pee in the middle of the night is also getting old. I could solve it by sending them to the bathroom before bed, but I'm not interested in taking up potty duty.
It's pretty much pointless to try for elders. Perhaps just like in real life. I also worry that my Sims might die of hunger in the middle of the night. Part of the problem is that the needs bars seem to go from green to yellow very suddenly, giving the impression that things are worse than they are.

But I have to say, there is a sense of humor in the series still. One of the things that made me laugh out loud was sending my Angry Sim to the toilet and one of the options was Take an Angry Poop.
There are entire threads on this at MTS, unsurprisingly. I've not found it to make any difference in terms of visual or audio effects, thankfully. Smiley
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2014 September 10, 04:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What annoys me the most:  Their motives drop faster than panties at a KISS concert.  We need stronger caffeine and macro-caffeinate.  A pee bush wouldn't be amiss either; because when my Sim comes home from work, he's either ready to pass out, piss his pants, or both.

Before the game released, EAxis claimed story progression wasn't possible; but on the official site, SimGuruGrant is asking how the players would like to see it implemented.  I don't know if they're going to patch it in or we have to pay for it.  Either way, they're gonna screw it up somehow.

ETA:  It's hella dark indoors.  It's improved with a lighting mod I just installed, but it still needs some work.
« Last Edit: 2014 September 10, 04:19:36 by Capitaine Marie » Logged

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2014 September 10, 08:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

• The camera. Oh my how I hate the camera. Either the "new" version or the TS3 version, both suck. Can't get in close enough on my sims and panning forward and backward takes a year, as does rotating. Sideways isn't too bad.
  • Not sure what's going on, but one of my sims seems to have a pee fetish/issue. Her motive drains pretty quickly, but she'll also go and use the toilet, flush, then two seconds later go and use the toilet again. Except she doesn't need to pee yet.
  • When I tell my sim to go home, she stops on the sidewalk in front of her home. However, that space isn't truly her home, and when I tell her to dump her inventory of time capsules and frogs and such, she drops it on the sidewalk. I then can't pick them up because they aren't technically on the home lot. So I either need the option to put community lot things into personal inventory (thereby also allowing me to steal hot dogs) or for her to take one fricking step further onto the lot before she considers herself home.
  • I know I'm the gazillionth person to say this and there's absolutely no way anyone here could fix it, but the elimination of toddler stage is bonkers. There's just no sense of continuity. I had my first baby age to child this morning and it was weird to have school-aged spawn jump out of the bassinet.
  • Related to baby stuff, I find it wrong that the bassinet stays after age up and can be sold for $150. Presumably, children could be a money farm. A slow money farm, but a money farm.
« Last Edit: 2014 September 10, 15:07:27 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Seqkat
Senator

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2014 September 10, 09:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think we're going to need some kind of fps limiter again if the noise of my video card fan earlier today were anything to go by.

Agreed.

'Write a song' seems to be totally borked - sims start but can't stop (usually needing to be reset entirely to pry them away from the instrument), and although songs do sort of complete (at least enough to register for the Music milestone), you don't get the completed sheet music as an object, so can't send them off to be licensed.

rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2014 September 10, 11:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lack of a fire department.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2014 September 10, 13:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before the game released, EAxis claimed story progression wasn't possible; but on the official site, SimGuruGrant is asking how the players would like to see it implemented.  I don't know if they're going to patch it in or we have to pay for it.  Either way, they're gonna screw it up somehow.

See and this is why I think they would be better off if they just leveled with people instead of bullshitting them. It's like how they insisted Sim City could not have an offline mode due to how it was made. And then they made one.  Roll Eyes

clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2014 September 10, 16:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

• The camera. Oh my how I hate the camera. Either the "new" version or the TS3 version, both suck. Can't get in close enough on my sims and panning forward and backward takes a year, as does rotating. Sideways isn't too bad.
Yes, this. I hate that I can't tilt the camera. I also hate how the camera resets every time I come back from another lot.

Anybody else having issues with Sims standing around? They'll get a plate of something out of the fridge, set it on the counter, and then stand there slack-jawed for half hour before remembering what they were doing and picking up the plate to eat.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2014 September 11, 01:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See and this is why I think they would be better off if they just leveled with people instead of bullshitting them. It's like how they insisted Sim City could not have an offline mode due to how it was made. And then they made one.  Roll Eyes

Off topic here, but when did they modify sim city for offline play?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2014 September 11, 03:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Off topic here, but when did they modify sim city for offline play?

About 6 months ago.

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/article/simcity-offline-play-now-available-for-pc-and-mac

cobainsquirrel
Tasty Tourist

the world is quiet here

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2014 September 11, 03:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The camera can be tilted with the scroll wheel button.

Hate that step-family is not recognized. Ugh.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: