More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:43:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS4: The Pee-ening
| |-+  Insert Amusing Name Here
| | |-+  L&P: TS4 CAS Demo | Full TS4 Game Leaked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: L&P: TS4 CAS Demo | Full TS4 Game Leaked  (Read 89114 times)
Mage
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: L&P: TS4 CAS Demo | Full TS4 Game Leaked
« Reply #75 on: 2014 September 06, 11:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does not need to be connected at all times. If you set Origin to be in offline mode (or tweak the "In Game" settings), it just needs to be running, not connected. Do the same with the Sims 4 "Other" Settings (the ones that relate to being online and using your information) and that's it.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2014 September 06, 12:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So do we know how genetics work in this game yet? One of the things I really missed in TS3 was the genetics, and being able to see specific traits passed down through generations like you could in TS2.

I've been testing this out a bit in game and it seems like it's using the TS3 style coin flip method when it comes to inheritance of hair and eye colour. Black hair and blonde hair have the same chance to be passed down for example, so there's no dominance system in place. I haven't had enough time to mess about with sims that are several generations in to see if an individual can pass on genes belonging to a parent or grandparent that they themselves do not display.

Boo! I thought that was one of the few benefits of removing Create A Style, since there would be distinct colors the game could identify. I should know better than to believe any of the L&P from EAxis but the genetics are part of what drew me to TS2 originally.
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2014 September 06, 13:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game is much faster than Sim 3, but a lot of content is stripped out. There's nothing much to do in-game. But i must say, features that do exist are quite polished.

This so much. When I first got it I was mad and wanted to returned it but then I calmed down and decided to just focus on what is there and not what isnt. Now Im enjoying myself a lot more. Is it a great Sims 4 game? No, its missing too much of what I consider Sims game standards to be that BUT it is a good game if you play with what you got. Some stuff are really cool to and fun to play with. I think all this game needs is one or two EPs that bring back all those classic things we love to be great.

Honestly, all I need is a color wheel. I can do without most things but the lack of color choices and how very little matches are just the most annoying things for me. Im not asking for CASt but for all thats holy give me a color wheel. That really shouldnt be too hard on the system.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2014 September 06, 15:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need Origin to activate the game, and to load it up. But you can go into offline mode in Origin after it is activated to have offline mode. Sort of like how Steam does offline mode for games on it.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2014 September 06, 15:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need Origin to activate the game, and to load it up. But you can go into offline mode in Origin after it is activated to have offline mode. Sort of like how Steam does offline mode for games on it.

I avoided installing Origin FOREVER, and finally relented to install this game.  Origin's first action?  Completely gutting my TS3 installation.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2014 September 06, 21:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So where are you guys arr'quiring the game?  And what torrent client do you use?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2014 September 07, 00:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Origin's first action?  Completely gutting my TS3 installation.

This sounds concerning.  Did it render TS3 unplayable?  I am still on the fence about TS4 and Origin, if you could provide more info about what Origin did to your TS3 installation, might help me decide if I want to mess with it yet.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2014 September 07, 03:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I avoided installing Origin FOREVER, and finally relented to install this game.  Origin's first action?  Completely gutting my TS3 installation.

I've seen this reported elsewhere, too. I have a theory. I think Origin only senses TS3/TSM installations if you try to launch the games. I am basing this on my brief stint (hour and a half) with the CAS Demo--during which I didn't launch TS3 or TSM. After I uninstalled Origin and the Demo, I launched TS3 and TSM with no problems.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2014 September 07, 04:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Origin does not seem to have noticed my TS3 installation (and I also have not run it since installing 4). I wonder if I'm brave enough to try running it with Origin installed but shut-down.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2014 September 07, 04:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had Origin for ages, and it hasn't tried touching my TS3 install. I don't install games into the default path though, so it might not realise it exists.

Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2014 September 07, 07:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had Origin client for years as well and need Origin Client to on to play several games.  I have never had any issues with the client and do not need to have it online to play any of the games.  My Sims 3 and Dragon Age I & II show up as games but they do not run via Origin Client. (Sims 3 runs fine) I installed my Sims 4 no issues, not one game got deleted or corrupted.  
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2014 September 07, 13:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had Origin since the Simcity launch and it's never effected my Sims 3 or any other pirated game for that matter.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
ruku
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2014 September 07, 17:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen this reported elsewhere, too. I have a theory. I think Origin only senses TS3/TSM installations if you try to launch the games. I am basing this on my brief stint (hour and a half) with the CAS Demo--during which I didn't launch TS3 or TSM. After I uninstalled Origin and the Demo, I launched TS3 and TSM with no problems.
I don't think this is it - I've had origin installed for a good minute and launching my TS3 hasn't messed it up in any way. It installed in it's default location so I'm sure it knows where to find it.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2014 September 08, 02:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Managed to get the cracked version to work, finally. Somehow the version I downloaded was corrupted in some way causing the game to crash upon loading up the main screen. Got a update on TPB, and installed that then installed the v3 of the crack over it. The game will still crash upon changing lots, but the game doesn't just crash when the Sims 4 logo pops up on the screen because python33.dll threw some sort of error.
I'll still grab and use the scene version instead when that comes out over this 3DM crack. At least I can try out the game now even if it will crash.

And it will crash. Mostly when trying to travel. It's a snake oil fix but the game is at least tryable if you want to be a hermit who never leaves home.
« Last Edit: 2014 September 08, 06:08:01 by IAmTheRad » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2014 September 08, 13:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone managed to unlock some of the bonus crap like the animal hats or that computer that you get for buying the Prima Guide? As far as I can tell they're built into the game but hidden until you unlock them so I don't think you have to download anything. At least the Prima computer is definitely a code.

Or maybe the Skid Row version already has that crap. I don't know because I bought it. I had Discover and Bing reward points on Amazon so that's my excuse.  Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2014 September 08, 18:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone managed to unlock some of the bonus crap like the animal hats or that computer that you get for buying the Prima Guide? As far as I can tell they're built into the game but hidden until you unlock them so I don't think you have to download anything. At least the Prima computer is definitely a code.

Or maybe the Skid Row version already has that crap. I don't know because I bought it. I had Discover and Bing reward points on Amazon so that's my excuse.  Tongue

That's because you suck.

According to , EA borked the pirated games so that a huge blur will take over the screen of pirated versions. Truth or wishful thinking?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2014 September 08, 18:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had Origin since the Simcity launch and it's never effected my Sims 3 or any other pirated game for that matter.

*Smacks nose with a newspaper*

Bad Aide. No cookie.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2014 September 08, 19:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because you suck.

According to , EA borked the pirated games so that a huge blur will take over the screen of pirated versions. Truth or wishful thinking?

The second version of the 3DM crack removed the huge blur. The game is very likely to crash when travelling between lots, however. Even if it's just loading the world map. Still requires Origin, and a scene version hasn't been released (yet). This means no Skidrow version, since Skidrowcrack isn't Skidrow. I bet a proper scene release will not require Origin, and will actually include the DLC items. The 3DM version which is the only crack out there right now has no DLC items. It's just the base game.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2014 September 09, 01:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh and there's also the Award statues which generate different 'emotional auras' that also built into the game but locked.

http://www.thesims.com/rewards/en_US/

You get a different one for each Sims 3 game or expansion you have registered to your Origin/Sims3 account and a llama/bunny statue thing if you own them all.

I do have those because, as has already been mentioned, I suck and I like giving EA my money apparently.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2014 September 09, 08:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So those are definitely just unlocks then? I noticed a "DLC" folder in the game files, so I figured it was all downloaded from Origin.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2014 September 09, 11:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3DM v4 crack released. Fixes all crack related CTDs. They state DLC and NoOrigin is next.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2014 September 10, 00:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm that the 3DM v4 crack fixes a ton of CTDs. I only got one after putting it into the game folder, but my game was running REALLY laggy before then so it was probably not crack related. The main crash with the v3 was travelling between lots, and with v4 I have travelled between lots without problem. NoOrigin and the DLC added will make the crack, well, not terrible. Still will upgrade to a scene release once one is released over this p2p 3DM crack. I pulled over 5 hours today with only one crash.

But the game is enjoyable without the gallery. Mods work, and it's actually not that bad.
Shazaam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2014 September 10, 08:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm that the 3DM v4 crack fixes a ton of CTDs. I only got one after putting it into the game folder, but my game was running REALLY laggy before then so it was probably not crack related. The main crash with the v3 was travelling between lots, and with v4 I have travelled between lots without problem. NoOrigin and the DLC added will make the crack, well, not terrible. Still will upgrade to a scene release once one is released over this p2p 3DM crack. I pulled over 5 hours today with only one crash.

But the game is enjoyable without the gallery. Mods work, and it's actually not that bad.

Agree with the laggy. It seems the crack influenced the game flow, make it a bit of unresponsive. There's a bit of lag when you click something and sims execute the command.

I heard you can click online in the game and access the gallery. Despite you set your origin to offline. But I never try it myself.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2014 September 10, 09:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gallery works fine. You can browse and download with no problems. For me, anyway.
smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2014 September 10, 13:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed v4 is a good crack - but I cannot access the online Gallery, the game freezes indefinitely every time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: