More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:01:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Lag/Freezing - Major performance issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lag/Freezing - Major performance issues  (Read 15493 times)
Epson
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Lag/Freezing - Major performance issues
« on: 2014 June 29, 23:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Windows 7 OS Origin) Installed Sims 3, WA and LN. GameVersion = 1.67.2.024017. Vanilla is fine for about 2 hours then the save game lags like hell. Same thing on a new game. With mods results are less progressive as it just swings between playable and unplayable lag. Results vary per map (EA and custom) with Sunset Valley the most playable Bridgeport's timescale matching real life.

Combinations Tried       Vanilla - progressively slows down even on 1x speed regardless of resetsim *, clear cache and other fixes.
                                     Awesomemod - Swings between playable and not.
                                     Nraas Overwatch, Master Controller - Sort of quicker than vanilla but still a jam up eventually.*
                                     Nraas OW, MC, and Story Progression - Doesn't get worse but lag from the onset.

*Disabling any of the mod's StoryProgression features and just using the Vanilla one was fine until my entire town emigrated to lands unknown and was populated to about 200+ townies and my computer ground to a halt. Even without SP game still lags.

I've been working on this for about 12 hours the past couple of days using all the fixes I could find, checking system requirements etc. I can post the link to everything useful and all the fixes I've read if anyone wants it. Shortlist is - Yes I've used the new framework method, All suggested mods, complete .world replacements, cleared cache, resets, performance programs, limit playing time for cooler PC, lower graphics to complete minimum, reinstalls,

Here's the short specs below full DxDiag attached.

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd
System Model: M68MT-S2
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT  

My PC runs (most recent games I've played) Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Skyrim (modded to the hilt) Supreme Commander all on med/high settings. The only one I've ever experienced any issues with is Supreme Commander going to -4 in a map called Seton's Clutch [Figuring since you named a mod feature after it this is useful information].  

Any advice?

* DxDiag.txt (26.38 KB - downloaded 482 times.)
Epson
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Lag/Freezing - Major performance issues
« Reply #1 on: 2014 June 29, 23:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, your sign up process is the best designed I've ever come across.
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014 June 30, 02:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't double post. Use the "Modify" button.

Besides mods and the listed expansions, are you using any CC, including purchased and/or ARR'd store content? Excessive amounts of CC can cause lag, but combining packages can help to resolve this.

Also, have you patched your base game and expansions? I suggest using the MTS Patcher program.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
Shiggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014 June 30, 03:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Package_File_Lag
If your CC is merged, use the separate files for this test.
Go to the process monitor section, filter by process name ts*.exe, then path names containing .package. If there's any CC being accessed more often than anything else by a large margin, kill it and see if it improves your situation.
If you've done this already then nevermind.

Edit: Grammar.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014 June 30, 14:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think any power in the universe can truly prevent TS3 from lagging. It's just dogawful as far as code optimization goes and chugs no matter what you do. This is easily the dominant reason I barely play anymore: It's just LOADS AND LOADS OF LOADING followed by chugging. The worst of it is that it doesn't even appear to be using up most of the computer, it just chugs for no apparent reason at all.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Epson
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014 June 30, 17:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides mods and the listed expansions, are you using any CC, including purchased and/or ARR'd store content? Excessive amounts of CC can cause lag, but combining packages can help to resolve this.

Also, have you patched your base game and expansions? I suggest using the MTS Patcher program.
No other CC, I got rid of it all in the first install and have been using the MTS program since the start. EA can't code/outsource coding at Origin to properly accept game keys never mind patch updates.  Attached screenshot of packages in use.  

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Package_File_Lag
If your CC is merged, use the separate files for this test.
Go to the process monitor section, filter by process name ts*.exe, then path names containing .package. If there's any CC being accessed more often than anything else by a large margin, kill it and see if it improves your situation.
If you've done this already then nevermind.

Edit: Grammar.

No I didn't try that actually. Excluded path name shared as well was getting a load of fullbuild1.package, fullbuild0.package and deltabuild but I figure this is EA an normal. When I changed the path to  'is' C:\Users\Martin\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages I only got one result. Only the .package screenshot attached cant attach log or other screenshot due to size limits.

I don't think any power in the universe can truly prevent TS3 from lagging. It's just dogawful as far as code optimization goes and chugs no matter what you do. This is easily the dominant reason I barely play anymore: It's just LOADS AND LOADS OF LOADING followed by chugging. The worst of it is that it doesn't even appear to be using up most of the computer, it just chugs for no apparent reason at all.
Haha I wondered as much. SimCity, The Sims, Rome 2 Total War it seems to be becoming a norm to release a near beta. Fine if your a small studio and in fairness some try to fix it but when EA churns out store items before fixes it's obnoxius.

EDIT - ProcMon log http://dfiles.eu/files/w5qef4o08]http://dfiles.eu/files/w5qef4o08

* InstalledPackages.rar (129.33 KB - downloaded 466 times.)
* ProcmonLots.rar (412.83 KB - downloaded 517 times.)
« Last Edit: 2014 June 30, 17:41:14 by Epson » Logged
Shiggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014 June 30, 19:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If NoBuildSparkles.package is this mod:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=343257&c=1&ht=0&page=4&pp=25#startcomment
Then it's broken and you should remove it. I don't know if there's an updated replacement for this.

If NoRandomTraffic.package is this mod:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=425162
Then replace it with NRaas' Traffic and disable taxi traffic. This mod is old and probably breaks something along the way.

By the way, make sure every NRaas' mod is for patch level 1.67.
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014 September 02, 09:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've recently played both Sims 2 and 3 and while S3 has some nice features S2 is much nicer to play. I don't know what kind of super computer it takes to run S3 without stuttering and lagging and even when installed on SSD drive S3 loads like a crippled snail. Sure it's  a bit faster than on ye olde harde drive but not as much as one would expect. This mess of code won't get fixed and I'm not having high hopes for Sims 4.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014 September 02, 14:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what kind of super computer it takes to run S3 without stuttering and lagging and even when installed on SSD drive S3 loads like a crippled snail. Sure it's  a bit faster than on ye olde harde drive but not as much as one would expect. This mess of code won't get fixed and I'm not having high hopes for Sims 4.

There is no super computer that would run TS3 cleanly, it is just so badly coded, and not optimised for anything modern, such as 64-bit OS, multi core CPUs, etc.  It is just EAxis putting out crap and milking people for everything they possibly can.  I doubt TS4 will be any better.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: