More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:24:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod Bug Help
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: How difficult should posting here be?
Very - 2 (25%)
Considering Suicide - 6 (75%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod Bug Help  (Read 20236 times)
happynow
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Awesomemod Bug Help
« on: 2014 January 28, 22:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, I'd like to begin by saying that the registration system here is very annoying. It would not accept my regular username or email address combination so I had to use http://10minutemail.com/ and this username to signup. Also, upon trying to post in the AM Bug report thread I was unable to do so. This is the resulting post of my struggles.

Anyways, my issue is that the most recent Awesomemod has broken my Sims 3 game. None of the saves load and I cannot start a new game.

I've disabled Awesomemod's story progression and I was using NRaas, however with the most recent AM update it is all broken.

Sadly, I do not have a copy of the last AM version, however it expired on 1-27 if that is useful information...

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod Bug Help
« Reply #1 on: 2014 January 28, 23:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, I'd like to begin by saying that the registration system here is very annoying. It would not accept my regular username or email address combination so I had to use http://10minutemail.com/ and this username to signup. Also, upon trying to post in the AM Bug report thread I was unable to do so. This is the resulting post of my struggles.

Anyways, my issue is that the most recent Awesomemod has broken my Sims 3 game. None of the saves load and I cannot start a new game.

I've disabled Awesomemod's story progression and I was using NRaas, however with the most recent AM update it is all broken.

Sadly, I do not have a copy of the last AM version, however it expired on 1-27 if that is useful information...

We are sorry you have had an upsetting customer experience. Your business is important to us, please wait until one of our operators is free to handle your call.
*random muzak*

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014 January 29, 00:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"I'm sorry, all of our operators are currently with other callers.  At the sound of the tone, please leave your whine."

*beeeeeeeep*

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014 January 29, 03:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, I'd like to begin by saying that the registration system here is very annoying. It would not accept my regular username or email address combination so I had to use http://10minutemail.com/ and this username to signup.
Actually, you pretty much just had to fill in any old random crap as your email to sign up. The only reason we reject certain free emails is their popularity with spammers. In fact, the instructions explicitly say to just make some shit up.

Also, upon trying to post in the AM Bug report thread I was unable to do so. This is the resulting post of my struggles.
I cannot think of any reason why you would be unable to post. The thread isn't locked and everyone else posts fine.

That's quite odd. No one has else has reported this. Are you using the currently supported 1.66 patch?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014 January 29, 16:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's too stupid to figure out how the forums work, I guarantee it's too stupid to install AM correctly.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014 January 30, 06:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has somebody been sneaking helpful pills into Pescado's kibble? That's the 2nd time this week he's responded kindly to people I thought had earned a patented Jezzer DIAF.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Collie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014 January 30, 12:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem as happynow.  When my AwesomeMod expired on the 27th I downloaded the latest version.  Upon entering the game however all my saved games were gone and I couldn't start a new game.  I couldn't even exit or open the options menu.  Nothing worked. 

I did however discover that if you make an external copy of your The Sims 3 folder (The one under Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3) and then delete or rename the original and start the game up the game returns to factory settings and creates new folders.  You can then replace your original folders such as saves, custom music and options.ini from your copy. However - and I say this with a heavy heart - don't replace AwesomeMod or you're back to square one.  Your game will be back to the way it was before, but without AwesomeMod.  Cry   
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014 January 30, 17:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here. I downloaded the latest version of Awesome today because the previous one had expired. Nothing else changed.

Before getting to the load screen, I get this message:

WARNING! Non-critical core mismatch! A core file not part of AwesomeMod does not match expected values. This could be the result of a version mismatch or other third-party hack.
Quit|Ignore

If I hit Ignore, it goes to the load screen with no games, no username, no nothing and the buttons (Login, Register, New Game, options menu etc.) appear to click but do nothing.

This happens even if AwesomeMod is the only mod enabled (and the config file), so it's not a mod conflict, it may be a genuine conflict with the older game version (see below).

On the other hand, if I remove Awesome (and fish out the CD from archive, sigh), the game gets to a normal load screen, with my username and all my saved games, without any trouble.

I have not updated the game after Twallan left, I figured since I don't have Into the Future I'd rather keep the Twallan mods -- I'm waiting till they fixt them all (they may have by now, I haven't checked in a while b/c I didn't have time to play anyway). So, my game version is 1.63.5.024002

I wonder if the other people who had trouble also had an older version? And if so, could Awesome be fixed so it will work with non-patched games?
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014 January 30, 21:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AnnaM, you're a moron. AM WILL NOT WORK WITH 1.63 ANY LONGER. UPDATE YOUR DAMN GAME.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014 January 31, 07:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jesslla, done that now, and lo, everything works. Doh.

I overestimated the backwards compatibility of the awesomeness.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014 January 31, 18:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I overestimated the backwards compatibility of the awesomeness.

As far as I know AM has NEVER been backward compatible.  I believe the only time an older version of AM was extended after a patch/EP/SP was because it took the FOJ longer than expected to get the newer version working and released.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2014 February 01, 13:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is everyone still posting in this tard's special snowflake LOOK AT ME!!!!! post when there's already a fully functional AM Bug Report Thread?

Skoria_bay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2014 February 01, 14:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe this thread should be 'domed or moved to Retaroland?

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2014 February 02, 04:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know AM has NEVER been backward compatible.  I believe the only time an older version of AM was extended after a patch/EP/SP was because it took the FOJ longer than expected to get the newer version working and released.
Actually, the reason was because the expiration time coincided with a recent EP, which meant a major overhaul and potentially reduced stability, so the new version was still in the test bin.

Due to TS3 nearing the end of its lifespan and a reduced update rate as a result, the expiration feature has been disabled in the current versions.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: