More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:44:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Lot Challenge: December/January? Ultra-Modern
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot Challenge: December/January? Ultra-Modern  (Read 8190 times)
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
Lot Challenge: December/January? Ultra-Modern
« on: 2013 December 18, 23:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been off the site for a few months because of law school, but right after my last exam, I started jumping back into the Sims and I'm really enjoying the ultra-modern objects from ITF. However, I don't want to spend the next month building super-modern houses for myself. I realize the interest in challenges has dwindled, but I figure this is worth a shot. If it doesn't work out, at least we will all have a few new houses to download. I kept the rules fairly loose, simply because I would like to see a lot of variety and let people use their unique ideas.

Due date: January 5th.

RULES:

Lot Size and Cost:

Any lot size and any cost is acceptable.

House Size - Choose One:

2 bedroom, 1 bath
3 bedrooms, 2 baths
4 bedrooms, 3 baths

Each choice may include an additional half-bath. Only one bathroom may contain the "all-in-one" bathroom box thingy; the rest must have an actual toilet, sink, and shower/tub.
At least one bedroom must be for infants, toddlers, and/or children.

Objects and Rooms:

The house must be completely furnished. ITF objects are great, but not required (not everyone likes or has ITF, and there are plenty of objects that are modern from prior packs). The idea is to create ultra-modern style houses, so any objects that achieve that purpose are acceptable.

"Hobbies" area: A study, a workout room, a workshop, or outdoor space or basement for various skilling objects (you may include as few or as many skill items as you like).
"Social" area: Somewhere to host a party, whether it be an outdoor patio or pool, or a place in the house, basement, or roof for dancing or gaming or drinking, and so on and so forth.
Vehicles: There must be at least one parking space or two bicycle thing-a-ma-bobs.

Color Schemes:

I really enjoyed the restriction on colors from the Tiny House Challenge that jesslla created. However, I want to expand it a bit, because sometimes it was too restrictive to decorate an entire house in only three colors. Below are the available color schemes. Every room must have one of these schemes (including the outside of the house), but it is per room, so you can end up using all of them if you have eight separate rooms. You may use as few or as many schemes as you like. I have provided the hex codes for each color below the picture, from left to right, in order to keep the colors consistent in the contest, and to save you time trying to figure it out in-game.

ETA: After beginning to build, I realized something kind of important, so there is a slight rule change: You may use wood and metal in addition to the color schemes below, because houses tend to have those things for faucets, window molding, and so forth.

BLUE:

#cbdee5
#434a64
#a03733

GREEN:

#81a589
#f4efd2
#faf9e7

GREY:

#bac8c9
#e8e8de

NEUTRAL:

#b49670
#f2f2e6
#975a3d

ORANGE:

#e3a26c
#fde1a2
#0166b4

PURPLE:

#7e829b
#edeae1

RED:

#89292a
#f8f8ee

YELLOW:

#f4e8be
#eeb570
#7b7263
« Last Edit: 2013 December 19, 21:53:32 by SJActress » Logged

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Lot Challenge: December/January? Ultra-Modern
« Reply #1 on: 2013 December 19, 01:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good onya, sounds like fun. I like the alternate colour schemes and the theme. I really like some of the future houses I've seen and I've had some good ideas from them.

Unfortunately I am on a work deadline of 6th January so may not be able to build something in time, but I'll enjoy following the thread. In fact, over this time of the year you may find this is too short a timespan, we were doing a month in the challenges earlier in the year.

Either way, I look forward to some new scrummy houses.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 December 19, 21:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately I am on a work deadline of 6th January so may not be able to build something in time, but I'll enjoy following the thread. In fact, over this time of the year you may find this is too short a timespan, we were doing a month in the challenges earlier in the year.

Oh, I chose the due date fairly arbitrarily (and selfishly, because school starts back up five days after that and I want to get my grubby paws on some awesome houses before then). If there's not much completed by then, I can always extend it to the end of January.

Also, I have added a small rule change in the original thread to allow for wood and metal in the design, because it's difficult to take a house with a turquoise faucet seriously.

phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 December 27, 17:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Calipso House

3 bedroom, 2 bathroom+1/2 bath, basement for sports and hobby, terace for entertainment and barbeque, playground for children, swimming pool and hot tube.

Lot size 30x40
Price furnished 321035 (insane)
Price unfurnished 128656

No CC, but I have all EP and SP.
Builded in Sunset Valley - Landgraab 74

Link for download: http://www.4shared.com/rar/C4obW0Nm/Calipso_House.html

Calipso house at night

Calipso house ground floor

Calipso house 1st floor

Calipso house basement

Enjoy

The words are the soul image
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 December 28, 02:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! Great job, phoenixc. I especially love the brick pattern you chose for the exterior, as well as your decorating in the loft space.

I'm still hemming and hawing about my creation. It's not finished yet, but it sort of went from ultra-modern to 1970s throwback modern. I'm going to finish it regardless because I personally think it's pretty cool, but it means I'll have to do another one.

phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 December 28, 16:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mirabela house

3 bedroom, 2+1/2 bath, basement foe sports and hobby

Lot size 30x30
Price furnished 283717
Price unfurnished 117986

Builded in Sunset Valey on Corso Borgocielo 442
CC used are only the slopped windows from TSR.  http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/1178915 , but I have included the objects in rar (individual package, combined package and sims3pack - choose what you desire)
I have all EP and SP.

Link for download: http://www.4shared.com/rar/hhFwL355/Mirabela_House.html

phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014 February 06, 20:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no one like the ultra-modern house?.... only me?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: