More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:41:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Ethiopian Challenge! Because E-Mail Was Too Easy!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ethiopian Challenge! Because E-Mail Was Too Easy!  (Read 196756 times)
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
Re: Ethiopian Challenge! Because E-Mail Was Too Easy!
« Reply #225 on: 2006 March 17, 02:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is me requesting an Official Update to the rules for OFB Grin.

Snapdragons? Allowed or disallowed? (I was thinking of allowing them ONLY while there is a toddler on the lot - simply to make the toddler stage playable/bearable without needing to involve an entire batallion of buggy Nannies).
Ethiopians owning Home Businesses? Allowed or disallowed? (Do cash registers count as "self-contained" electrical devices?)
Ethiopians working in a Community lot Business? Allowed or disallowed?
Servos in Ethiopian families? Allowed or disallowed? (It seems that a Servo would have a helluva advantage, just based on what I've heard. Is he a self-contained electrical item? He recharges just from sunlight, apparently.)

If an Ethiopian sim is allowed to own a Community lot Business, is that business allowed to have toilets and food preparation equipment? As it would be possible for the Ethopian sim to have staff to do all the food preparation, and never touch those items themselves...

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2006 March 17, 02:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ethiopian doesn't really translate to OFB at all, since OFB's content trivializes everything pre-OFB.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: 2006 March 18, 07:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, is Pescado going to come up with a new, OFB compatible challenge for us then? Wink

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
HolyForce
« Reply #228 on: 2006 May 12, 08:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First time i've been to the site.

So, you're saying it is against the rules to use "cheats", but when people use realism mods thats against the rules? Then you people magically create a list of what you think is battery operated and what isn't? A list which I disagree with. Also, I suppose ANYTHING realistic that would make this challenge un-impossible without the exploitations of maxoid stupidity is dis-allowed?

Apperantly you just wanted to create this so other people could be like. "OMGOSH JM YOU MAKE UP SO TOUGH CHALLANGES, YOU RAWK!!

By the way, I get that idea from the fact that you change rules mid-challenge for some, there is many inconsitincies, and you make your own insane list of what you think is battery powered and what is not.

HolyForce.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2006 May 12, 09:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awfully hostile for your first post, about what is an otherwise friendly challenge. What axe have you got to grind anyway? Why don't you try writing your own challenge? It's a lot harder keeping everything consistent than you think, especially with all of the expansion packs changing the elements of the gameplay all the time. And, since it is his challenge, who are you to care what is defined as battery-powered, and what isn't? The point is that the challenge itself has rules, and that they are followed- the specifics about what is and isn't battery powered don't actually matter, so long as the specifics are given. And what sort of "realism" mods are we talking about? If you are using hacks or mods that change the gameplay to make the challenge easier, it is obviously cheating, because 1) the other players aren't using them and 2) it changes the dynamics of the game so that defeating the challenge isn't a sort of puzzle.

Chesspieceface
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2006 May 13, 08:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a dick.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2006 May 13, 11:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a crybaby wussy to me.  Perhpas the BBS is a better place for  you.  News flash Holly ...you dont have to take the challenge if you dont like it..hello.

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
Greetings from Belgium!
« Reply #232 on: 2006 June 30, 22:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all - I'm in Belgium! Photographic proof. But I'm pretty tired every evening after a long day of hauling my arse round looking at museums, so I brought the laptop with me & have been working on my neglected Sims photo stories. Thanks to the power of the internet, I can post them online even from here, & then point you to the new chapters as they get uploaded  Wink. Hooray for the internet!

Tormented Family Chapter 4 - Profoundly Gets His Man!. In which the founder's son, Profoundly Tormented, grows up and picks his partner, and the third generation of Tormented sims are brought into the world. Enjoy! A non-Exchange version will be posted when I get home & have sufficient motivation to do so.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: 2006 August 01, 22:18:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I'm still going Wink.

Tormented Family Chapter 5: Twins R Not So Cute!

Two babies. No food. Oh dear.

Generation 2 grows up, while Generation 0 passes on (*sob* Cry ). Thus Extremely Tormented becomes the first ever sim to die in my game. (He'll be back, however - when this Challenge is over. Don't worry!)

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2006 August 01, 23:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your story was amusing. I "enjoyed" reading it.  Cheesy

kaonashi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: 2006 August 03, 04:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your stories are great! Well done on managing twins during the Ethiopian Challenge!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2006 August 03, 22:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, baratron, enjoyed the stories. Smiley  I don't think I'd have the patience for this AND writing a story about it!
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
My Ethiopian Challenge is over!
« Reply #237 on: 2006 November 18, 03:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I officially finished the Ethiopian Challenge around 21:30 on Monday 13th November 2006. I'm sure Pescado will insist that I'm not awesome despite finishing the Challenge, because it took me something like 6 months of playing to complete it, rather than his couple of days. Oh well Smiley.

My final score was, by the way, a very respectable +1. No sims Grew Up Badly. However, not all sims achieved their LifeTime Wants (damn Family sims!). I got caught short because Profoundly Tormented, my Generation 1 sim, decided to die at the end of his 73th day instead of at the end of his 80th day. He most definitely did die of Old Age, however, as many people in the Neighbourhood benefitted from his insurance policy. And it was impossible for all sims to maximise all skills because when the Challenge ended, two sims were still toddlers.

All my Ethiopian Challenge stories are up on my sim page:

Tormented Family 1: Extreme Challenge Time!

Tormented Family 2: No Food and a Baby!

Tormented Family 3 :All Ur Skillz R Belong 2 XT!

Tormented Family 4: Profoundly Gets His Man!

Tormented Family 5: Twins R Not So Cute!

Tormented Family 6: Teenage Trials

and now, NEW!! Tormented Family 7: A Very Nice Relationship. Faithfully Oxfam describes his courtship of Very Tormented.

Chapter 8 will show Unearthly's new family, and Chapter 9 will finish Very's story and the Challenge. Now, it's collating the photos and writing the story that's taking the time, rather than the Simming . Hope to have it all up within the week so I can FINALLY install OFB. I've also put together a Best-Of featuring my favourite photos, many of which didn't make it into the main story for some reason.

Please read & rate Cheesy.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2006 November 18, 04:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thoooo thweet! I enjoyed it very much, and how sneaky of you with the bottles!

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2006 November 18, 05:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've enjoyed reading about your experiences with the Ethiopian Challenge.  You've shown how it can be done, but I just wouldn't have the patience to have to visit community lots all the time, nor would I be able to listen to those poor babies cry.  You've done a wonderful job, and you should be proud regardless of what Ye Olde Bastarde says.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2006 November 19, 04:41:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strictly speaking, you didn't have to wait for this to end to install OFB. You can play with OFB installed, you just can't use the super-powered OFB features to cover cases that weren't designed with OFB.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2006 November 21, 11:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to try (and fail at) this challenge, but I need some clarification first:

Is "slobs be slobs" allowed?

What about the food bowls (or better, the fillings) that came with petz - are they considered *real* food (and thus banned) or not?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2006 November 21, 13:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is "slobs be slobs" allowed?
Yes, although I don't see why you'd bother, it won't add anything if you expect to do well and are thus ruling with an iron fist anyway.

What about the food bowls (or better, the fillings) that came with petz - are they considered *real* food (and thus banned) or not?
No dog food in Ethiopia.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2006 November 21, 17:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, although I don't see why you'd bother, it won't add anything if you expect to do well and are thus ruling with an iron fist anyway.
You're right, of course - and I've forgotten that neat 0 sims enjoy their stink anyway.

No dog food in Ethiopia.
Pity - I wanted to see some toddler-bowl-incident, but this has to wait, then Grin

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2006 November 22, 03:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

baratron, I really enjoyed your challenge story. Thank you.

Unsouper
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2006 November 22, 17:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is giving a treat (? I don't know how it's called in the English Version) to a stray considered as "paying for food"? If so, I lost this challenge in record time because I turned free will off too late Grin Grin.

Another question: Does the programmable sleep clock run on batteries?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2006 November 22, 17:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and yes. Don't do that.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: